Stitch's Great Escape replacement?

dxwwf3

Although the idea that every attraction at MK has to appeal to six-year-olds or octagenarians with back and heart conditions (as it now seems) is patently absurd.

Walt himself built one of the first thrill rides of the modern era with the Matterhorn.

:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

Next Big Thing

You guys have to remember, Disney is limited with what they can do with that building. With the theater in there like that, Disney simply chose to do a cheapo replacement on AE by overlaying the ride with Stitch and it cost them probably next to nothing besides the stitch AA. If Disney really wants to put a solid attraction in there that doesn't involve that theater, they are going to have to make the decision to shell out the money to completely redo the inside of it so that it is possible to put something of worth in there. It may cost Disney some money, but it will be beneficial for them as far as customer satisfaction in the long term.

aladdin2007

You guys have to remember, Disney is limited with what they can do with that building. With the theater in there like that, Disney simply chose to do a cheapo replacement on AE by overlaying the ride with Stitch and it cost them probably next to nothing besides the stitch AA. If Disney really wants to put a solid attraction in there that doesn't involve that theater, they are going to have to make the decision to shell out the money to completely redo the inside of it so that it is possible to put something of worth in there. It may cost Disney some money, but it will be beneficial for them as far as customer satisfaction in the long term.

I agree. But its not going to happen sadly.

Jasonflz

The problem is, like you said, the space. There is such little room there that even a simulator couldn't fit. The only thing Disney can really do is rework the theaters for whatever purpose needed. SGE might not be leaving for a while but I wouldn't be surprised to see it move to seasonal operation.

Figment632

It is.

Capacity is the ONLY reason MK expansion is finally gonna happen.

Although the idea that every attraction at MK has to appeal to six-year-olds or octagenarians with back and heart conditions (as it now seems) is patently absurd.

Walt himself built one of the first thrill rides of the modern era with the Matterhorn.

This is the best post I have read on this forum in the last year!!!!!!

The FL expansion will hurt WDW before it helps it. Come on there answer to HP land over in uni is TLM (only part of FL expansion that isn't a waste) and a bunch of minor show pieces. If you are not a 10 year old girl MK is going to be quite stale and boring to most people.

jakeman

Your excuses are very weak.

1. No it's not. Even Martin confirmed this.

2. That is true.

3. What are you talking about?

4. Where else can you find screens circling around you? Call me if you actually do.:p
1. Martin confirmed what? I can look at both HM and JC and tell there are no signs except the small sign over the fence at HM.

2. Now we are getting somewhere with honesty. It seems that you are implying that you are better than the average guest and therefore Disney should cater to you exclusively?

3. You said that TK, MILF, and SGE all have no repeatability. If TK suffers from the same problem as MILF and SGE like you claim, why should it be brought back?

4. I think of two places that have nothing to do with the future: Canada and China. Just because I don't have access to something personally, doesn't make it cutting edge. I'm 2500 miles away from the closest In-n-Out burger, but that doesn't make them a burger chain from the future.

I understand that you liked TK better than MILF. I agree, I liked it better as well. However, it is gone and MILF is the replacement and more than likely is not going to be moved.

I didn't care for AE and I don't personally care for SGE. I think it is poorly themed and was underfunded and that painfully shows.

However, propping up AE and TK with half-truths and fanboy wishes doesn't really do anything except focus on two attractions that haven't been around for literally years at this point.
If you are not a 10 year old girl MK is going to be quite stale and boring to most people.
Ah, blanket statements. Their hilarity is only surpassed by their arrogance and inaccuracy. I'll go ahead and edit this to add that this goes for any blanket statements I make as well!

Figment632

1. Martin confirmed what? I can look at both HM and JC and tell there are no signs except the small sign over the fence at HM.

2. Now we are getting somewhere with honesty. It seems that you are implying that you are better than the average guest and therefore Disney should cater to you exclusively?

3. You said that TK, MILF, and SGE all have no repeatability. If TK suffers from the same problem as MILF and SGE like you claim, why should it be brought back?

4. I think of two places that have nothing to do with the future: Canada and China. Just because I don't have access to something personally, doesn't make it cutting edge. I'm 2500 miles away from the closest In-n-Out burger, but that doesn't make them a burger chain from the future.

I understand that you liked TK better than MILF. I agree, I liked it better as well. However, it is gone and MILF is the replacement and more than likely is not going to be moved.

I didn't care for AE and I don't personally care for SGE. I think it is poorly themed and was underfunded and that painfully shows.

However, propping up AE and TK with half-truths and fanboy wishes doesn't really do anything except focus on two attractions that haven't been around for literally years at this point.
Ah, blanket statements. Their hilarity is only surpassed by their arrogance and inaccuracy.

Ok I love Disney but Im also a 23 year old man. Why would these attractions in FL expasion appeal to me. Would it kill them to make something that doesnt have to do with a princess?

jakeman

Ok I love Disney but Im also a 23 year old man. Why would these attractions in FL expasion appeal to me. Would it kill them to make something that doesnt have to do with a princess?
I don't know why they would or wouldn't appeal to you. I don't know you.

However, I can say that they will more than like appeal to just more than a 10 year old girl. Uh oh, blanket statement!

The Little Mermaid was the introduction to Disney animation for an entire generation of people, boy and girl. It pretty much kicked off the Disney Decade. That was 20 years ago. Those folks are now in their late 20s and early 30s and have kids of their own. To say that this is going to cater to just one small demographic is somewhat shortsighted.

I wish Disney had better quality animation recently and didn't have to rely on a 20 year old movie to anchor a new expansion, but I can understand why they chose this one.

worldfanatic

Capacity is hugely important. But so is excitement!
The new Fantasyland will adress the MK's capacity issue.
But the MK will still lack the excitement it needs.

It's a stunningly gorgeous park!
Far more beautiful than Disneyland IMO.
But it's much easier to spend extra time at Disneyland because of it's larger collection of big time rides.

I'm very glad they're making the upgrade to Fantasyland(about time).
The Mermaid attraction will especially help, but more headliners are needed.

Figment632

I don't know why they would or wouldn't appeal to you. I don't know you.

However, I can say that they will more than like appeal to just more than a 10 year old girl. Uh oh, blanket statement!

The Little Mermaid was the introduction to Disney animation for an entire generation of people, boy and girl. It pretty much kicked off the Disney Decade. That was 20 years ago. Those folks are now in their late 20s and early 30s and have kids of their own. To say that this is going to cater to just one small demographic is somewhat shortsighted.

I wish Disney had better quality animation recently and didn't have to rely on a 20 year old movie to anchor a new expansion, but I can understand why they chose this one.

If you read some of my other posts in this thread I said I have no problem with TLM ride it's all the stuff in the expansion. Something in FL doesn't always have to revolve around girly princess stuff.

Toad
Matterhorn

SirGoofy

BTMRR

So a minetrain roller coaster only appeals to boys?

Splash

You're right, cartoon animals are only aimed at boys.

Space

I seriously don't get where you are going with these. I should probably stop here, but I've already committed.

Jungle Cruise

I've had girls just as excited as any boy to do the JC. It's animals. All kids love animals.

PotC

Again, a complete and utter falicy. Girls love Captain Jack just as much as boys do. Maybe even more.

TSI

It's a playground. I don't see how it's boy centric. Because it's based off a story about a boy? Most kids in the targeted age group don't even know who Tom is, so it's a weak argument.

CBJ

This is the only one I'll give you.

HoP

I don't really think kids are the target audience for this to begin with.

HM

Again, don't know how this is targeted at boys. If anything the central figure in the ride is a bride.

RSoxNo1

People don't realize MK caters to boys as of right now....

Typically Disney loses the male demographic when they hit their teenage years, and gets them back in their late 20s/early 30s. The largest appeal is obviously children but whether the focus is on boys or girls is somewhat difficult to ascertain. Obviously the Princess and Fairies line appeals to girls more so than it does guys, but many of the lines that appeal to boys (like Pirates for example) have a marginal appeal to girls.

What I look at are the polarizing characters and movies. I have a feeling that the Princess and the Frog is going to struggle to get young boys to want to see it unless they focus the marketing on the lesser characters. It's akin to Cars where the appeal was more strongly rooted in boys than it was girls (granted that movie did very well).

From the perspective of a child (Under 18, not under 10), it would seem that the rumored Fantasyland expansion appeals more to girls than it does boys, but if Ariel's Undersea Adventure is the amazing attraction that people are invisioning it's not going to matter.

headhoncho34

Original Poster
Typically Disney loses the male demographic when they hit their teenage years, and gets them back in their late 20s/early 30s. The largest appeal is obviously children but whether the focus is on boys or girls is somewhat difficult to ascertain. Obviously the Princess and Fairies line appeals to girls more so than it does guys, but many of the lines that appeal to boys (like Pirates for example) have a marginal appeal to girls.

What I look at are the polarizing characters and movies. I have a feeling that the Princess and the Frog is going to struggle to get young boys to want to see it unless they focus the marketing on the lesser characters. It's akin to Cars where the appeal was more strongly rooted in boys than it was girls (granted that movie did very well).

From the perspective of a child (Under 18, not under 10), it would seem that the rumored Fantasyland expansion appeals more to girls than it does boys, but if Ariel's Undersea Adventure is the amazing attraction that people are invisioning it's not going to matter.
Im thinking the rumored Snow White Mine Coaster would appeal to both boys and girls in the FL expansion. Also im thinking we need to start a campaign in the park like we did with Mr Toad back in 98 to get SGE removed from the park and replaced with a far greater attraction.

Jasonflz

Ah, blanket statements. Their hilarity is only surpassed by their arrogance and inaccuracy. I'll go ahead and edit this to add that this goes for any blanket statements I make as well!

1. He confirmed that people walked right on by. HM may have little signage but you still see people noticing it. With TK no one really knew it was there. Disney literally had to put sandwich boards outside saying it was open. Do a thread search or ask Martin yourself. ;)

2. The average guest is dumb if they can't read warning signs.

3. I didn't say it should be brought back. I just said that if it was there would be no problems.

4. Yes, and you are partially right but do Canada and China have an advanced AA and a bunch of cool in-theater effects? Do they even have a storyline? I don't think so.

I personally am never going to do MILF or SGE again. They suck and only appeal to little ones. What a waste.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom