Stitch walls down

TheDisneyMagic

Am I the only one who is happy the GPT was removed? Ecstatic actually. It was a hideous theming nightmare and a glaring example of the cheap additions so many here complain about. I'm celebrating it's removal still.:sohappy:

Also, although they won't be using that area to stage equipment for the SM rehab, they will be using a parking area nearby and the people who used to utilize that parking area will need a place to park. So it seems it may very well be related to the SM rehab.

I know the theatre it self was not exactly the greatest looking structure on property, it was more the show that was played there. Mickey's Twas the Night before Christmas was one my favourite shows over the festive season.

jt04

I know the theatre it self was not exactly the greatest looking structure on property, it was more the show that was played there. Mickey's Twas the Night before Christmas was one my favourite shows over the festive season.

And I have a feeling it will still be around. Perhaps in a more appropriate location than TL. Don't they have a large theater (or two) on Main Street. That is where I'd like to see it go. Or the castle stage.

Castle Cake Apologist

Yeah, right. :rolleyes: How many times has Disney used this excuse?

I mean... it's not a Disney excuse, it's the truth.

I work Tomorrowland Ops and had been on and around and backstage of the GPT... it was not a safe performing space.

Essentially, the stage was on the verge of collapse and there were even a few sections of it that were held up by what basically amounted to wooden crates.

It was pretty sad.

Is there a place where the official one is written down? I would love to see it.

Well, there's no official publication per se, but from what we've been trained on:

Tomorrowland is a space community where aliens, robots, humans, and other intergalactic beings coexist peacefully. It is governed by The League of Planets and is actually a very bustling burg.

Stitch's Great Escape! - The Tomorrowland Interplanetary Convention Center is currently being used by the Galactic Federation (a police force dedicated to preserving peace and harmony throughout the galaxy by "protecting the nice from the naughty") as a prisoner teleport center. They took over the facilities from a corporation called XS-Tech in 2004 after a nasty incident resulting in the loss of a life tragically transpired in one of the teleportation chambers. The facility is currently used to bring in prisoners ranging from Level one (common misdemeanors) through level four (extreme high security crimes), where they are held until a cell has been assigned to them, at which point they are teleported outside of Tomorrowland into the Galactic Federation Prison Facilities.

Monster's Inc. Laugh Floor - The Tomorrowland Science Center, across the Avenue Of The Planets from the convention center, is currently housing an open house by a visiting company known as Monsters Incorporated. This outside company has found a way to create extremely efficient energy by harnessing human laughter and has come to Tomorrowland to demonstrate this discovery. By working with technology created by XS-tech in the mid-90's, they transport visitors to their factory in the city of Monstropolis by bringing them through a "teleportation door" (the first and only of its kind). Here, humans are treated to a comedy show by some of the factory's top comedians and shown how their laughter can power an entire city.

Tomorrowland Indy Speedway - This is Tomorrowland's super highway, for those residents who choose to drive motorized vehicles. Most vehicles in Tomorrowland are driven purely for novelty purposes, as the main mode of transportation in the city is the Blue Line. Traffic is always clear here.

Tomorrowland Transit Authority - This is the main mode of travel for the city of Tomorrowland, the Metroliner. The Metroliner features three lines- blue, green, and red. Blue is the most popular and is the only line that humans are allowed to use. They generally board it at the main station at Rockettower Plaza. It makes stops all throughout the city, including Perfect Park Acres (the latest in Hoverburb community) and The Interstellar Hair Salon. The red and green lines are reserved for visiting robots and alien citizens, respectively. (Fun Fact: keep your eyes peeled, you Metroliner vehicle passes both the Green and Red lines during your journey...)

Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin - This is the current headquarters of Star Command, an elite group dedicated to protecting the galaxy. Guests enter as part of a recruiting drive, but soon discover that their help is needed to defeat the Evil Emperor Zurg.

The Carousel of Progress - This is a presentation of an old Earth artifact that was acquired by The Tomorrowland Metro Retro Historical Society and is now being restored and opened for viewing by the curious general Tomorrowland public.

Space Mountain - This is another transporation service offered by The Tomorrowland Transit Authority. Citizens needing to travel to far off places may arrange for their personal rocketships to be waiting here for them to board for their trip at the exact moment they are needed.

Astro Orbiter - Also known as The Personal Rocketship Docking Lot. This is where incoming visitors to Tomorrowland are allowed to park their personal rocketships. An intergalactic parking garage, if you will.

There you have it. The all-encompassing theme of Tomorrowland.

Of course, there's more... that was just essentially an attraction by attraction recap.

:)

Jasonflz

I work Tomorrowland Ops and had been on and around and backstage of the GPT... it was not a safe performing space.

Essentially, the stage was on the verge of collapse and there were even a few sections of it that were held up by what basically amounted to wooden crates.

It was pretty sad.

Well, there's no official publication per se, but from what we've been trained on:

Tomorrowland is a space community where aliens, robots, humans, and other intergalactic beings coexist peacefully. It is governed by The League of Planets and is actually a very bustling burg.

Stitch's Great Escape! - The Tomorrowland Interplanetary Convention Center is currently being used by the Galactic Federation (a police force dedicated to preserving peace and harmony throughout the galaxy by "protecting the nice from the naughty") as a prisoner teleport center. They took over the facilities from a corporation called XS-Tech in 2004 after a nasty incident resulting in the loss of a life tragically transpired in one of the teleportation chambers. The facility is currently used to bring in prisoners ranging from Level one (common misdemeanors) through level four (extreme high security crimes), where they are held until a cell has been assigned to them, at which point they are teleported outside of Tomorrowland into the Galactic Federation Prison Facilities.

Monster's Inc. Laugh Floor - The Tomorrowland Science Center, across the Avenue Of The Planets from the convention center, is currently housing an open house by a visiting company known as Monsters Incorporated. This outside company has found a way to create extremely efficient energy by harnessing human laughter and has come to Tomorrowland to demonstrate this discovery. By working with technology created by XS-tech in the mid-90's, they transport visitors to their factory in the city of Monstropolis by bringing them through a "teleportation door" (the first and only of its kind). Here, humans are treated to a comedy show by some of the factory's top comedians and shown how their laughter can power an entire city.

Tomorrowland Indy Speedway - This is Tomorrowland's super highway, for those residents who choose to drive motorized vehicles. Most vehicles in Tomorrowland are driven purely for novelty purposes, as the main mode of transportation in the city is the Blue Line. Traffic is always clear here.

Tomorrowland Transit Authority - This is the main mode of travel for the city of Tomorrowland, the Metroliner. The Metroliner features three lines- blue, green, and red. Blue is the most popular and is the only line that humans are allowed to use. They generally board it at the main station at Rockettower Plaza. It makes stops all throughout the city, including Perfect Park Acres (the latest in Hoverburb community) and The Interstellar Hair Salon. The red and green lines are reserved for visiting robots and alien citizens, respectively. (Fun Fact: keep your eyes peeled, you Metroliner vehicle passes both the Green and Red lines during your journey...)

Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin - This is the current headquarters of Star Command, an elite group dedicated to protecting the galaxy. Guests enter as part of a recruiting drive, but soon discover that their help is needed to defeat the Evil Emperor Zurg.

The Carousel of Progress - This is a presentation of an old Earth artifact that was acquired by The Tomorrowland Metro Retro Historical Society and is now being restored and opened for viewing by the curious general Tomorrowland public.

Space Mountain - This is another transporation service offered by The Tomorrowland Transit Authority. Citizens needing to travel to far off places may arrange for their personal rocketships to be waiting here for them to board for their trip at the exact moment they are needed.

Astro Orbiter - Also known as The Personal Rocketship Docking Lot. This is where incoming visitors to Tomorrowland are allowed to park their personal rocketships. An intergalactic parking garage, if you will.

Of course, there's more... that was just essentially an attraction by attraction recap.

That's a really cool concept. Thanks.:wave:

btw, what else is there?

SirGoofy

Can anybody answer my question on how this show fits story wise with its and SGE's story pretty much in direct contrast?

Anybody?

Bueller?

EPCOT Explorer

It was pretty sad.

VERY interesting. *bookmarks*

What else is there?:D

DisneyDellsDude

Just rethinking...

The ads are nice.
I don't really care to much for the placement of the stage still, but I am glad they got rid of the Tomorrowland Galaxy Theater.
To me, the new stage looks to box-like... like a regular stage was built, and the just decorated the front of it to fit Tomorrowland - unlike some of the other great structures in Tomorrowland that look very custom made.

And I think people are so worried/concerned about the stage's appearence, is because it is permanent, and it seems as if it will be there for another 20 years. Not good... not good imo.

One last thing... everyone keeps taking pictures of the front of the stage, but what does the back of it look like?

the-reason14

Yea, I think it would have been better to have added it too the old galaxy theater, cant see why they would build this one. The show must be really short, because how many people are gonna stand in the hot sun to see this if its long?

But either way I think it looks good, and I like the adverts shown through the pics. I do agree that the money could have been spent elsewhere, but for now its good.

Magicot

I think we have a winner. This is a very permanant looking structure. It is not to many people's liking. That's why we're here... to voice an opinion, even when it doesn't matter.

I think that if they wanted to have a new show in Tomorrowland, that it could be much better done. This is just not very nice looking. The fact that they are puching Stich EVERYWHERE and not executing it well doesn't help the case of this show. I will watch it, I'm sure, and make a better judgement. As for SGE, it can have it's stinky chilli dog.
Again, there have been stages in this very spot for the past 34 years. Yes, they were all temporary stages, but this area was rarely stage-free. The "openness" that some people are claiming to miss never lasted very long as a new stage was always built once one was torn down. Why are we so surprised to be getting another stage?? :veryconfu

And thanks for the explanation of why we're here.. :lol:

Thessair

Call me crazy, but the red guy on the end of the Robo-Mart ad looks a little familiar. :D

(My apologies for co-opting a screencap from the video.)

robo-mart_dalek2.jpg

imagineer boy

Actually I believe an old TTA line (for some reason its not said anymore) stated that Astro Orbiter was basically a monument to future thinkers that "takes you for a thrilling spin around the planets."

Does anyone know why that line is not used anymore? :veryconfu

WDW1974

Yeah. The facility always struck me as cheap but they had some great shows over the years ... WDW is Your World and Show Biz Is were two of the best ... also had a Mickey-themed one in the 90s that I can't recall right now.

The sad thing is that MK really doesn't have a genuine stage venue other than the Castle Forecourt and there's only so much you can do there.

But I am glad Phil won't have to walk as far to the Escalade in that heat and humidity!

Thrill Seeker

It was pretty sad.

Wow, very interesting. I would like to see the theming better implemented in Space Mountain, Tomorrowland Speedway (which according to the description above, seems like the most out of place attraction), MILF and CoP. That can all be easily done. Hopefully we will get a new TTA narration in August that will go into more detail for the overall theming of Tomorrowland.

Oh, and you have to wonder what will happen to the place where GPT was AFTER Space Mountain is finished... :shrug:

Figment1986

Call me crazy, but the red guy on the end of the Robo-Mart ad looks a little familiar. :D

(My apologies for co-opting a screencap from the video.)

robo-mart_dalek2.jpg

At last... a reference to Doctor Who in the Magic Kingdom.. now all we need is a locked police box in Epcot... and some jelly babies and we're set :) :drevil:

Arch Angel

Banned

It was pretty sad.

Is this officially from Disney? Seems like fan fiction to me especially all the X-S tech stuff.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom