Stitch walls down

Lee

Adventurer
I say just have XS sponsor the show. Stick on a "Presented by XS Tech" plaque that resembles the other signs of that sort.
Bingo...instant cool.

SirGoofy

Okay...so this thought just hit me.

How the heck can this show work story wise? We are supposed to be partying with Stitch at a party obviously okayed by Tomorrowland and the League of Planets.

Yet on the other side of Tomorrowland we are new recruit guards who are supposed to keep Stitch incarcerated, a show at the end of which he escapes and goes to Earth...

:veryconfu

Jasonflz

X-S Tech is out of business. After the teleportation accident that TERRORized several guests and the death of an Interplanetary Convention Center employee X-S Tech received several critiscisms and planets dropping their sponsorship.

Jasonflz

Okay...so this thought just hit me.

How the heck can this show work story wise? We are supposed to be partying with Stitch at a party obviously okayed by Tomorrowland and the League of Planets.

Yet on the other side of Tomorrowland we are new recruit guards who are supposed to keep Stitch incarcerated, a show at the end of which he escapes and goes to Earth...

:veryconfu

It will work better when SGE is gone in the near future.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Yes, it`s bulky. Yes, it serves the purpose for the rest of the year... but beyond that? As mentioned above it isn`t a temporary structure. One can only hope it will be recycled into something bigger.

The most annoying thing is this spot has been the entrance for at least 2 E Tickets in the past which never got built. And now we have.... a stage. When we just lost.... a stage.

TDF

So inbetween shows it looks like.... this.

Wonderful.
I know! It's so ugly, and plus no seats? Honestly I don't wanna stand for a show. Also what's going in the thearter? They couldn't of just used that?

Hmmm...how can Stitch be in two places at one time?

Could this mean that SGE may be on the chopping block soon?
WOOT! That is such a waist of ride space.

Honestly, we are going to skip this on our next trip!

Castle Cake Apologist

Once again, according to the official Tomorrowland backstory... XS-Tech is out of business. Using them thematically in this would've been bad show.

Also, Galaxy Palace Theatre was not safe for use anymore. From what I understand, this was one of the main drving forces behind its destruction.

Lee

Adventurer
Once again, according to the official Tomorrowland backstory... XS-Tech is out of business. Using them thematically in this would've been bad show.

Not a problem. Most guests don't know who XS is/was. Those who do have no idea of that backstory, which hasn't been really explained to guests.
Easy to just bring them back.

jt04

Also, Galaxy Palace Theatre was not safe for use anymore. From what I understand, this was one of the main drving forces behind its destruction.

XS could easily be put back in the back story. They put it in, then they removed with the closure, and they could easily put it back in. Also, some references to Wall-E and BuyNLarge would be nice. And of course Astro Orbitors, TTA, the Alien from AE, WEDway, Space Mountain etc etc. Not sure how the characters from Monsters Inc could be written in however. Perhaps they were teleported in by Stitch :brick:

EPCOT Explorer

Is there a place where the official one is written down? I would love to see it.

Vernonpush

Another "sinkhole"?

hokielutz

I will agree with you on the placement of stage but is all of this really the reason why there is so much negativity towards this show before it opens or is it that it involves Stich.[/QUOTE]

In a nutshell, this is probably why. Plus, there has been a constant decline of quality in TL over the past 15 years so introducing a new 'stage' attraction is not what everyone was hoping for.

Regardless of the show's quality or lack thereof, I think most folks were hoping for something a bit more novel, exciting and in step with the original vision for TL.

I agree with your sentiments. Stitch has really rubbed the people who come to these boards the wrong way for years.

I'll hold judgement on this until I actually see the show in 2 weeks time. But I really was not a fan of it during the construction process and the huge walled-off area really scared me with what TL might become. Now the stage doesn't look too imposing, except when a show is running and there are people standing in front blocking any traffic flow.

Of course we could also see this as a diversionary tactic to attract/keep some guests in TL while SM and the TTA are down. Yes I know a stage show cannot replace either of the shutdown rides, but it might be enough to lure guests in because it is "new."

jt04

Am I the only one who is happy the GPT was removed? Ecstatic actually. It was a hideous theming nightmare and a glaring example of the cheap additions so many here complain about. I'm celebrating it's removal still.:sohappy:

Also, although they won't be using that area to stage equipment for the SM rehab, they will be using a parking area nearby and the people who used to utilize that parking area will need a place to park. So it seems it may very well be related to the SM rehab.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom