Start Dieting for WDW trip PART II

JimboJones123

First of all, I'd like to thank those supporters last year and would like anybody who wants to join me to keep updates too.

Last year I started at 193 I believe and planned on losing 15 pounds. I actually lost 23 for my trip and gained NONE of it back on the trip. I've been around 170-180 for the past 6-7 months. I've gone up another 10 to 190 this last months. We've had a family tragedy and we have been getting lots of food from family and friends. Thanks to all of them, but it's time to get back to work!

Today -- 162 days out (hey that's a whole baseball season) I am at 190. My goal is to get back to the college days at 150. So that's 40 pounds in 5.5 months. That still breaks down to less than 2 pounds a week. Anything more than a goal if 2 pounds a week can be dangerous.

I started today with an apple for breakfast and trail mix for lunch. Dinners will have to be moderated and NO MORE DESSERT OR OVERNIGHT SNACKING. I'm sure since the first 10 went on fairly quick they may come off in the first month -- but then the real grind starts.

If anybody else wants to join me, I'll do updates Wednesdays and post them for everybody. Just IM me. I am very serious about this and it's time to hit the treadmill. Dieting without exercise is easy, but to make a healthy heart, you need to make your full body healthy, not just your waistline. I'm starting with a Mile run tonight and will try to build up to 3 miles by the end of the month as well. What happened to those days when I could do a 10K effortlessly? Oh, and tonight is pasta night at Olive Garden. To-Go boxes are our friends.

Jimbo - Day 1 - 190

PS, sorry about slacking off last year and not updating after the trip, will do better this year.

parker kim

Hi this is so funny I just stated my diet today. Our trip is in Sept. but, I would like to lose all my weight of 20-25 lb.s by first of july. and maintain until the trip and tone up with sit ups and walking. I'll keep you posted I love this idea theres nothing like group support. thanks kim:wave:

Upvote 0
All I can say is WOW! This thread is truely inspirational! All I can say is sign me up. Our trip is planned for Oct. 6, about 25 weeks away. Right now I weigh more than I ever have at about 250. I would love to lose about 2 pounds a week and be 200 by trip time, but realistically, I will be ecstatic if I lose 35, so that's my goal!

Thanks for the thread Jimbo and add me to the list. I think it will be interesting to add the total pounds lost by all the people by the end of this year. :sohappy:

Typhoon Lagoon, here I come!!!!!!:wave:

Upvote 0

farmgirl

Hi well I was going to post on here anyways cause last year before I went to wdw I lost 47 pounds, but then I got put in the hospital is some pretty crazy pain :cry: they figure it may be gallstones but I should find out more today. I guess we will see. Either way I am going to try this again. I would like to try lose another 40 before November. Then only thing is I hope I have to work hard at losing it. I sure don't want to lose it cause I am sick.:eek: Anyways if no one minds I am going back 3 days and give myself a headstart instead of counting from today. So 3 pounds down !!!!!!!:wave: Only 37 to go!:lookaroun

Upvote 0

mouselvrmom

Okay, I'm going to join too. I still haven't lost my baby weight from my last baby who is now 3!:cry: I have had two past disney trip where I said on both of them that I would lose weight before I went so that I could be skinny and both times I hadn't met my goal. My big problem is I am a huge binge eater. I will go long periods of time and then just pig out. I'm 5'2 and my husband is shocked at how much I can pack away. It's really quite disgusting. I have really been making an effort to try to eat healthier and binge less and I have been doing ok. (althought those late night fudge stripes are killing me) I have also commited to exercising more. I do pilates every morning and some evenings. I also try to walk(I hate cardio!) So I am going to try to be good with all of you and get down 20 pounds- which may be a bit optimistic- but for sure 15 pounds by our next trip to Disneyland which is December 3rd.

Upvote 0

figment1985

Ok so I just had a horrid thought, maybe you can help me with this one Jimbo.....

If I plan on eating pretty much healthy til my trip in Sept (because I am trying to shed some weight) wouldn't I get sick from eating all the random crap (good crap) at WDW? When I eat good for awhile then eat badly, this happens to me. I don't want to sacrifice the good foods at WDW either. So should I eat something not-so-healthy once a week?? Does this make sense?

Upvote 0

jtced

Sign me up! I've lost 60 lbs in total over 5 years give or take with a baby in the middle (who is turning 4) I've got my last 20 I need to lose. I want to lose it before Disney which is in Sept. I'm pretty sure I can do it. I eat good all day, even have a good dinner, treadmill the whole 9 yards. Then I get some stupid sweet craving at like 8-9 o'clock and there it goes down the drain. Somehow I need to stop my brain and stomach communication after 7:30.

Upvote 0

mouselvrmom

Sign me up! I've lost 60 lbs in total over 5 years give or take with a baby in the middle (who is turning 4) I've got my last 20 I need to lose. I want to lose it before Disney which is in Sept. I'm pretty sure I can do it. I eat good all day, even have a good dinner, treadmill the whole 9 yards. Then I get some stupid sweet craving at like 8-9 o'clock and there it goes down the drain. Somehow I need to stop my brain and stomach communication after 7:30.

I am the same way! I do so well during the day & then after the kids go to bed I feel that I need some treats! :) I have to be strong!

Upvote 0

figment1985

Well I just went shopping today and spent $140 dollars on healthy foods! I am excited about this.

Today I had a protein shake, turkey and whole grain sandwich, and water! Tonight I think I will make grilled chicken and veggies. No more nachos for me!!! (UNTIL SAN ANGEL INN...........................lol)

Upvote 0

summerluvin

I want to join in!
thanks for starting this thread jimbo
I'm going to WDW in 18 weeks and I would like to try to loose 30 pounds. I think its attainable 1.6 a week.
I also want to go back to running. I HATE IT but I feel great when I do it and its really good tonner. Anyone have any suggestions on how to make running more bearable? any good music recomendations for my ipod. lol
:)

Upvote 0

summerluvin

I am starting my diet in May, as stressful as college is... I need my nachos, soda, and cake....till the end of April. My goal from May-Sept 9th is to lose 15pounds. I am short so if I gain more weight it's going to start to show, I really want to make sure that doesn't happen.

i can totatly relate to school stress, food doesnt bother me its not making time for exercise!
i'm so happy that I only have one final left! until summer semester, which starts in 3 weeks haha!

Upvote 0

figment1985

Anyone have any suggestions on how to make running more bearable? any good music recomendations for my ipod. lol

Listen to dance music, some techno music feels like it will give me a heart attack while running..hahaha. I usually set my ipod to a playlist of dance music and some slower songs to help me slow down and walk for a few minutes.

Upvote 0

abug'saunt

Sorry it has taken me so long to post here. My youngest nepew died earlier this week and I have been a little out of it. I weighed myself the day it happened and had lost 2 lbs (putting me at 337). But I won't be hard on myself if I happen to gain this next week considering what happened. I am really happy that there are others who are here that encourage me to keep up what I'm doing. Thanks to everyone and good luck to those who just joined up.

Upvote 0

shari71

Reporting in:

shari71
April 2, 2007 - 220 lbs.
April 16, 2007 - 215.5 lbs.

Goal to be 180 lbs. by October 20

This is a little less than 2 lbs a week, but not by much. I want to allow for a few weeks that just may not be in the cards for weight loss.

Walking minimum of 30 minutes 5 days a week. Planning to build that up as I go.

Upvote 0

JimboJones123

Original Poster
Reporting in:

shari71
April 2, 2007 - 220 lbs.
April 16, 2007 - 215.5 lbs.

Goal to be 180 lbs. by October 20

This is a little less than 2 lbs a week, but not by much. I want to allow for a few weeks that just may not be in the cards for weight loss.

Walking minimum of 30 minutes 5 days a week. Planning to build that up as I go.
Awesome. I'll be posting the updates and the new players Wednesday morning. Sorry I haven't updated the list yet... but I will for the weekly update each time.

Upvote 0

tink81

I want to join in!
thanks for starting this thread jimbo
I'm going to WDW in 18 weeks and I would like to try to loose 30 pounds. I think its attainable 1.6 a week.
I also want to go back to running. I HATE IT but I feel great when I do it and its really good tonner. Anyone have any suggestions on how to make running more bearable? any good music recomendations for my ipod. lol

If you have access to a gym, use the eliptical machines instead of teh treadmills. Elipticals practically eliminate the impact on your joints and (I think) are more enjoyable. Also, gyms with Tvs are god-send; you would be suprised how fast the time flies when you are watching an hour and half of Scrubs!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom