Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
It is odd. Given the wind loads it's built to for the EPCOT Code it's more than able to take the weight.

Maybe it's an ADA or H&S issue.
My first thought is someone from legal saying "What happens when a bunch of teenagers start throwing stuff from it?"

While I know there are other balcony views in DS, this one would be 100% open to an un-paying public.

ToTBellHop

My first thought is someone from legal saying "What happens when a bunch of teenagers start throwing stuff from it?"

While I know there are other balcony views in DS, this one would be 100% open to an un-paying public.
Maybe we can get some sort of exclusive Starbucks Dessert Party up there...

danlb_2000

Premium Member

There was a lot of discussion about this. Speculation was that it might be a safety issue around how many people where up there at a time. The only way to monitor that would be to have a CM there full time. It's not like a balcony on a restaurant where the restaurant staff can monitor it, this thing is totally isolated.

Monoblanco13

Did you and your partner spend a lot of time in the Honey playground or at the car show? It's why there adding the Center Stage show, new Star Wars offerings and opening up a new meet and greet location for the lost locations.
Eh no not really, it could just be that Disney is to accessible to me, I've seen all that the Launch Bay has to offer, don't particularly care for LMA even though I've only seen it once. Honey playground hasn't changed since I was a child not worth the time. I will look into the new Meet and greets when they open though I may just spend the majority of my time at EPCOT and use the ferry to transfer over. Apparently I am the only one here that is ok with half the park shut down. I mean as a new guest sure there are lots of things to see and do, but as a frequent visitor IDK.

BrianLo

To me, it looks like they would be part of either the queue for the ride, or maybe the exit path. I wouldn't bet that there will be an entire second elevation in the land to walk around. Just doesn't seem feasible.

I would bet on it. Especially Disneyland, whose land will be additionally further sunk behind the berm. Everything Mice Age drew in grey is the "ground level", all the pathways they have drawn are the elevated walkway(s). Will DHS have this to the same extent? I'm thinking no.

25142141542_5992594432_o.jpg

The high res (full frame) version of this piece makes it much more evident that it isn't some artistic flare... and it matches the MiceAge map precisely.
25167247621_7315e33881_o.jpg

Follow the other red arrow I drew on the MiceAge map to see where this fits in.
24964809270_564080c337_o.jpg

The 'old' concept art doesn't quite line up. Meaning it's representative of DHS or it is outdated.
25167248491_47886c81e3_o.jpg

Mike S

Oh, and one other little nugget for you all. They aren't just 'rock spires', they are the remains of giant petrified tree trunks that have been hollowed and incorporated into buildings.

....The remains of Endor once the First Order torched the place and killed off all the Ewoks. :eek:
NO MORE YUB NUB?!?!?!?!

Smiddimizer

If you guys wouldn't mind another imagineering tangent....

I was watching @marni1971 's lovely Country Bears multi-angle take earlier....which captured all the great little details like the mounted heads whispering to one another and sleeping during the show... and it got me thinking how it's a perfect template for a Star Wars cantina attraction. If they have any brains the restaurant they're undoubtedly building should really double as an animatronic revue-type experience. I'm sure they'll go the "Trader Sam's" route of having effects here and there, along with people in costume, but they should really make it more elaborate, with story structure and animatronics, etc.

Tunge

Does anyone know if someone will be updating the construction of Star Wars Land at Disney World on youtube? There is a great channel i found called freshbaked that is updating the contrusction of Star Wars Land at Disneyland weekly, it is very cool and things are starting to move as in land clearing/demo. Would love to see something similar at WDW.

HauntedMansionFLA

Does anyone know if someone will be updating the construction of Star Wars Land at Disney World on youtube? There is a great channel i found called freshbaked that is updating the contrusction of Star Wars Land at Disneyland weekly, it is very cool and things are starting to move as in land clearing/demo. Would love to see something similar at WDW.
On YouTube, there is a guy that goes by the name BigFatPanda that does really good Disney park videos. Hopefully he will film it.
BUT, we have no idea where the actual land will be located at DHS. I have no clue but @marni1971 @danlb_2000 @doctornick @PhotoDave219 could give some insight on how close they are to announcing the actual loçation. WDI has to get moving on TSL first.

Kiwiduck

I like Fresh baked Disney too!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom