Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

SYRIK2000

On Jim Hill's recent DHS podcast, he was lead to believe that Star Wars will start at Star Tours and wrap around towards the Honey, I Shrunk...Playset. Basically cutting right through the middle of Streets of America. Not quite sure about the validity of the claim, but it could be an interesting idea as to what that would mean for the rest of the additions.
He's bound to get one right eventually. Just probability.

RedtoGray

I haven't been keeping up with this thread but has anyone mentioned that Star Tours could be relocated? I'm just not seeing how they are going to be able to keep Muppets and the restaurants in that space and have SWL abruptly begin and end. It seems like most of Star Tours would be fairly simple to relocate to a new building

Rteetz

On Jim Hill's recent DHS podcast, he was lead to believe that Star Wars will start at Star Tours and wrap around towards the Honey, I Shrunk...Playset. Basically cutting right through the middle of Streets of America. Not quite sure about the validity of the claim, but it could be an interesting idea as to what that would mean for the rest of the additions.
He also said Cars would be going where the canyon is, and Monsters Inc would be going near animation courtyard.

doctornick

I wouldn't assume that Disney cares that much about unifying Star Tours and Star Wars Land - at Disneyland they're on opposite sides of the park.

It's worth noting that having Star Tours separate from the rest of the Star Wars land actually solves the issue of it being set in a different time as the setting of the new land. Not sure that matters all that much to WDI, but if they want the new land to be totally "immersive", it could be a factor.

PizzaPlanet

Does this mean The Muppets are toast? I wouldn't mind them using the theatre for some cool looking 3D movie and it helps tie in Star Tours with the rest of SWL.
If it would be anything like this, let's hope not.
IMG-0027.jpg

Mike S

It's worth noting that having Star Tours separate from the rest of the Star Wars land actually solves the issue of it being set in a different time as the setting of the new land. Not sure that matters all that much to WDI, but if they want the new land to be totally "immersive", it could be a factor.
Star Tours is very easy to change and reprogram. If they wanted to it could tie in with the land perfectly and I wouldn't mind one bit if there was no more Darth Vader. He's dead.

doctornick

Star Tours is very easy to change and reprogram. If they wanted to it could tie in with the land perfectly and I wouldn't mind one bit if there was no more Darth Vader. He's dead.

Absolutely true that it could be easily changed. But I think you'd get a lot of resistance to remove Vader, young Leia, Yoda, etc. given the popularity of the original trilogy.

I actually like the idea of two different Star Wars lands based on different planets and different timeframes for the settings myself.

WhatJaneSays

bottom on not happening... the watershed plan shows the new road path to the entry booths around the southern area you have partitioned off
Maybe, maybe not. The second area plan crosses where the current entrance from World Drive is. There is a fairly good chance that entrance way will be eliminated once the entrance from Victory Way is done.

Capsin4

Well, to me it looks like it. At least if there's any "truth" in this concept pic:
View attachment 132234
OBE
I'm late to the party and other have mentioned queues, but....the layout for SW in DL has the queue for the battle attraction and "X Wings" in the same spot and the queues look ling they wind a bit. I'm guessing the upper level is the queue and the tunnel is an entrance to the land.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom