Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

wdwgreek

How many accounts do you have here now Jordan? You do know it is against the sites Terms and rules to have multiple accounts.
I don't get these trolls.Why would they make multiple accounts, to just like their own comments and get some sort of self gratification or do they just not have a life beyond this site?

PhotoDave219

On YouTube, there is a guy that goes by the name BigFatPanda that does really good Disney park videos. Hopefully he will film it.
BUT, we have no idea where the actual land will be located at DHS. I have no clue but @marni1971 @danlb_2000 @doctornick @PhotoDave219 could give some insight on how close they are to announcing the actual loçation. WDI has to get moving on TSL first.

I like John. He's a good guy. Really nice.

co10064

Premium Member
I could be off, but I'm starting to believe Star Wars Land will go in LMA and Streets area. I know "breaking ground" is ceremonial, but the shareholder meeting said its happening next month and I just don't see that happening in the Echo Lake area where there are no signs of closures in the coming months

BrianLo

I could be off, but I'm starting to believe Star Wars Land will go in LMA and Streets area. I know "breaking ground" is ceremonial, but the shareholder meeting said its happening next month and I just don't see that happening in the Echo Lake area where there are no signs of closures in the coming months

Agreed, I was just coming to post the same. If Star Wars is not for the LMA/SOA area, it is running way, way behind Disneyland as we still have no real indication the front half of the park will close. I'm glad it is 'starting', but the only thing that may be starting is Toy Story.

What are your thoughts these days @marni1971 et al.

twebber55

Agreed, I was just coming to post the same. If Star Wars is not for the LMA/SOA area, it is running way, way behind Disneyland as we still have no real indication the front half of the park will close. I'm glad it is 'starting', but the only thing that may be starting is Toy Story.

so the only place a phase 3 could go is by Animation courtyard?

BrianLo

so the only place a phase 3 could go is by Animation courtyard?

IJA/parking is the other major spot. It's seeming more like Star Wars and Phase 3 switched places in the park. We saw how seemingly late in the game Star Wars took its current plot in Disneyland despite the common thought amongst insiders.

Perhaps due to tighter timelines on Star Wars that wouldn't work with parking garages going up. I'm purely speculating though.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

Still trying to get a definite.

SYRIK2000

I know the garages are still coming. Maybe 2 and 3 flip-flopped. Haven't heard any update in a few weeks, so it's possible I suppose. I do know that they WERE ok with it going into the parking lot and opening a year after DL's. Maybe they changed their minds?
With them now running Star Wars commercials. I think they can hear the cash register ringing and want to get it built as quick as possible.

Phicinfan

This is the only site saying they heard this, so take it all with a grain of salt.

That being said, with the phenominal success of the first film, and the 2nd one coming soon, pushing this part of the park to get it open before or with the release of the third film only makes a ton of sense.

Haymarket2008

On Jim Hill's recent DHS podcast, he was lead to believe that Star Wars will start at Star Tours and wrap around towards the Honey, I Shrunk...Playset. Basically cutting right through the middle of Streets of America. Not quite sure about the validity of the claim, but it could be an interesting idea as to what that would mean for the rest of the additions.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom