Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Monoblanco13

So has anyone wondered or has it been spoken about yet, What is Disney planning on doing to keep guests coming in the gates after April 2 2016? I have already told my partner that I think I will start skipping DHS this year. With half the park closed down what's the point of keeping it open?

DisneyRoy

So has anyone wondered or has it been spoken about yet, What is Disney planning on doing to keep guests coming in the gates after April 2 2016? I have already told my partner that I think I will start skipping DHS this year. With half the park closed down what's the point of keeping it open?

Still have RnRC, ToT, Great Movie Ride, Toy Story Mania, Beauty and the Beast, some meet and greets, plenty of places to eat. It would still take at least a half day or more to see all that based on Fast Pass tiers.

Monoblanco13

Still have RnRC, ToT, Great Movie Ride, Toy Story Mania, Beauty and the Beast, some meet and greets, plenty of places to eat. It would still take at least a half day or more to see all that based on Fast Pass tiers.

Midway Mania is closing March 15 and opening in Summer if I am not mistaken, also as an AP'er and an hour away from the park I considered just spending a couple of hours just for the FP+. I do feel that there isn't enough unfortunately, seems as though I may be the only one bothered by it lol

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Was that ever actually a thing? I always thought it was just a misunderstanding/misinterpretation by fans.

All of the concept art I saw pretty clearly showed what looked small abandoned sections of elevated rail. I never once thought that I could go up there.

Was there something released prior that implied access?
I saw art with guests stood up there.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Was that ever actually a thing? I always thought it was just a misunderstanding/misinterpretation by fans.

All of the concept art I saw pretty clearly showed what looked small abandoned sections of elevated rail. I never once thought that I could go up there.

Was there something released prior that implied access?

Yes it was going to happen. It was in the concept art and during the official announcement they said you would be able to sit up there.

disney-springs_Full_20902.jpg

Monoblanco13

Don't get me wrong I am excited for whats to come, and will have new attractions at DAK, and EPCOT to keep me busy. I just wish I could find the fast forward button as I hope and feel the new lands DHS is getting will be epic

ToTBellHop

Yes it was going to happen. It was in the concept art and during the official announcement they said you would be able to sit up there.

I knew I remembered there being art!

As to the question of what to do after April 3--that's why they are adding all the Star Wars entertainment.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I saw art with guests stood up there.

Any idea why it got axed especially considering that the even put up part of the railing and the thing is definitely built to handle the 100psf live load needed for something like this? The only thing missing would be capping off the rails and adding the elevator.

If it was just for show, they could have saved quite a bit on construction.

Downtown-Disney-Food-Truck-Park-45.jpg

dstrawn9889

Any idea why it got axed especially considering that the even put up part of the railing and the thing is definitely built to handle the 100psf live load needed for something like this? The only thing missing would be capping off the rails and adding the elevator.

its supposed to look like a re-purposed elevated train track...

SYRIK2000

Do a half day then park hop.

Bolt

Did you and your partner spend a lot of time in the Honey playground or at the car show? It's why there adding the Center Stage show, new Star Wars offerings and opening up a new meet and greet location for the lost locations.

ToTBellHop

Did you and your partner spend a lot of time in the Honey playground or at the car show? It's why there adding the Center Stage show, new Star Wars offerings and opening up a new meet and greet location for the lost locations.
I would argue DHS this summer has more to do than DHS last summer. There was so much ancient capacity that we (and I imagine most people) just skipped altogether. I'm excited that there is actually some new stuff now.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member

It is odd. Given the wind loads it's built to for the EPCOT Code it's more than able to take the weight.

Maybe it's an ADA or H&S issue.

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
It is odd. Given the wind loads it's built to for the EPCOT Code it's more than able to take the weight.

Maybe it's an ADA or H&S issue.
It really is very strange. With seating up there, or even just the ability to walk or stand up there, it adds atmosphere and neat place to people watch. Without that, it's just in the way of things.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom