Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

Purduevian

I don't know why they didn't do some sort of a landspeeder coaster based attraction... It needs something else...maybe a couple more attractions.
I think this comes down to everything you are supposed to see, hear, smell, and feel is supposed to be in universe. Any type of coaster immediately breaks this idea as speeder bikes don't all run in a row like that or have a big slotted hole under them.

People complain about Hagrid's exposed track, but they at least explained the multiple bikes in a train in the preshow that sometimes runs.

Bocabear

If it were a new version of a spinner....that perhaps was more of a thrill spinner.....where the arms extended quite high.... THatmight be a good thing... and a flat ride for the toddlers...Yoda's Dagobah Swamp Buggies....lol

999th Happy Haunt

I think this comes down to everything you are supposed to see, hear, smell, and feel is supposed to be in universe. Any type of coaster immediately breaks this idea as speeder bikes don't all run in a row like that or have a big slotted hole under them.

People complain about Hagrid's exposed track, but they at least explained the multiple bikes in a train in the preshow that sometimes runs.
I’d throw the concept of being 100% in-universe out in less than a second if it meant we could get a ride as good as Hagrid’s in GE.

Incomudro

I totally get why Disney did what they did, avoiding coasters in GE because they wanted everything to appear "real."
And I support that - though I wish they gave us what they promised in terms of characters and other kinetics.
Having said that, if anything can be a coaster and still work within the land - a well done Speeder coaster (like Hagrid's) is something I would support.

mickEblu

I totally get why Disney did what they did, avoiding coasters in GE because they wanted everything to appear "real."
And I support that - though I wish they gave us what they promised in terms of characters and other kinetics.
Having said that, if anything can be a coaster and still work within the land - a well done Speeder coaster (like Hagrid's) is something I would support.

I dunno. I see some of the same failures in TBA that I see in GE. A prioritization and staunch commitment to authenticity or in GE’s case hyper reality/ “immersion” at the expense of fun and end user experience.

easyrowrdw

I dunno. I see some of the same failures in TBA that I see in GE. A prioritization and staunch commitment to authenticity or in GE’s case hyper reality/ “immersion” at the expense of fun and end user experience.
I really don’t see much authenticity or hyper reality in Tiana. I know they did research trips but the ride itself doesn’t seem very connected reality. [Spoiler Alert] You spend the ride looking for critter musicians and get shrunk down to the size of frogs. Honestly, the whole ride seems to be focused on fun. It’s all up beat music on your way to a party.

mickEblu

I really don’t see much authenticity or hyper reality in Tiana. I know they did research trips but the ride itself doesn’t seem very connected reality. [Spoiler Alert] You spend the ride looking for critter musicians and get shrunk down to the size of frogs. Honestly, the whole ride seems to be focused on fun. It’s all up beat music on your way to a party.

I could expand. And I have… ad nauseum for the last couple years so I’ll spare everyone and the mods this once. Haha

AdventureHasAName

You can fix this by putting the track on top of buildings and then hiding the track (but not the vehicles) with a portion of the building roof.

ToTBellHop

I think they could really spice things up at Ronto Roasters with a lightsaber injury line of food items.

1719248283274.png

Stevie Amsterdam

I don't know why they didn't do some sort of a landspeeder coaster based attraction... It needs something else...maybe a couple more attractions.
I would think this is because it's suposed to feel authentic and real. Obviously it is a fictional planet with fantasy characters, but it could be real. A coaster, especially one with an outside part that goes through Galaxies Edge, would break the illusion immediately.

Then again so do tourists with Mickey Mouse ears on their head but you know what I mean, right? ;)

Bocabear

I would think this is because it's suposed to feel authentic and real. Obviously it is a fictional planet with fantasy characters, but it could be real. A coaster, especially one with an outside part that goes through Galaxies Edge, would break the illusion immediately.

Then again so do tourists with Mickey Mouse ears on their head but you know what I mean, right? ;)
If the Landspeeder coaster's visible outdoor section were elevated and the track masked by the building facades it could look like they are traveling over the rocks and buildings...It would actually add something kinetic to the incredibly dead space... which would look great... The land should be a bustling hive of illainy.... so there should be spaceships and land speeders and droids etc.... not a vacant, burned out half abandoned outpost... Make it fun and more vibrant....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom