Star Tours II

EpcotServo

I agree...It will loose the classic charm to it. Hopefully, they just *plus* it a bit.

Add new sequences, new effects and such.:eek:

George Lucas has no love for anything PRE-late 1990's, so I doubt it.

Or the Clone Wars animated feature, that was a hit right? :hammer:*looks up Box Office Mojo* $35 million domestic and $33 foreign 'aint bad!

(and people wonder why I lost interest in Star Wars)

Not to mention it rips off and destroys the GOOD work of the original HAND ANIMATED Clone Wars cartoons, which were actually good.
:brick:

dodgr98

In the Parks
No
.....still waiting

They've been talking about this ever since I joined this board. I'll believe it when I see the press conference announcement. Sorry to be a buzzkiller.

WDW1974

Somebody, I think 74, already said they had info that it was a story line that incorporated elements from all 6 episodes, or something to that effect.

He did say something like that ...

I'd listen to him.

He knows what he's talking about ... and he has a great singing voice too!

~Pass the Pixie Dust~

WDW1974

Hmm, sounds good. And it seems like we have some proof to back it up...

I know someone directly involved in the project. It is almost complete as far as being ready for installation.

The only question right now is where they start and when. Likely soon and here.

~Pass the Pixie Dust~

Since1976

Episode III, by no accident, felt most like the original trilogy. If they were to use any of the prequels to create the new attraction, the battle over Coruscant at the beginning of that film would be the place to start.

That said, I too would regret it if we lost a ride based on the Classic trilogy. That area of DHS needs to have something of interest from *both* eras of STAR WARS. I wonder if TPTB have considered this. Perhaps we'll get lucky and we'll get an attraction that somehow bridges both series, or (and I'm totally wishfully thinking here) *two* different attractions.

The STAR WARS universe and its fandom are grand enough to merit a much larger footprint in the parks (like Harry Potter at Universal). If Disney and Lucas were smart, they would somehow expand the STAR TOURS area to be more of a land, with themed restaurants (Cantina, anyone?), more walkthrough sets, and *multiple* rides, A - E ticket.

imagineer boy

Episode III, by no accident, felt most like the original trilogy. If they were to use any of the prequels to create the new attraction, the battle over Coruscant at the beginning of that film would be the place to start.

Actually, I was thinking that somthing similar to the corescant battle could be done during the death star battle with hundreds of rebels ships pounding away at hundreds of star destroyers and the star speeder flies right through the battle and in between the battling ships. Maybe somthing like buzz droids attacking the star speeder with in-theater effects could be done. That would truly be exhilarating.

Since1976

Whatever they do, I hope the ride fits into the STAR WARS canon. When STAR TOURS came out, the movie series was thought to be over, so no one really cared whether the ride made any sense in the chronology of the series. It was simply meant to be a fun ride. Thus, 3P0 and R2 appear as maintenance droids in an attraction that somehow takes us to the destruction of a Death Star. Is it Death Star 1? Death Star 2? A completely diffferent Death Star altogether? (You wouldn't believe the fan fiction that has arisen to try to explain where STAR TOURS fits into the story.)

STAR WARS lives on. Yes, the movie series is over, but TV and video games appear to be trying to adhere to the outline of the story chronology. The creators of the ride would do well to try to stay true to the story as well.

Pete C

That said, I too would regret it if we lost a ride based on the Classic trilogy. That area of DHS needs to have something of interest from *both* eras of STAR WARS. I wonder if TPTB have considered this. Perhaps we'll get lucky and we'll get an attraction that somehow bridges both series, or (and I'm totally wishfully thinking here) *two* different attractions.

The STAR WARS universe and its fandom are grand enough to merit a much larger footprint in the parks (like Harry Potter at Universal). If Disney and Lucas were smart, they would somehow expand the STAR TOURS area to be more of a land, with themed restaurants (Cantina, anyone?), more walkthrough sets, and *multiple* rides, A - E ticket.

I totally agree with this. I think Disney is nuts for not jumping on this opportunity years ago. There are so many Star Wars freaks out there that they would travel just to visit a place like this if it was fleshed out properly. It would need to have the Cantina (with AAs of course) like you said, a restaurant, more rides. They could make a small futuristic city atmosphere. It could be incredible and easily rival Harry Potter due to the impact on the SW community. There are probably even more SW fans than HP, and scores of fans old enough to have money of their own to blow on visiting DHS just to see it.

jt04

Original Poster
I totally agree with this. I think Disney is nuts for not jumping on this opportunity years ago. There are so many Star Wars freaks out there that they would travel just to visit a place like this if it was fleshed out properly. It would need to have the Cantina (with AAs of course) like you said, a restaurant, more rides. They could make a small futuristic city atmosphere. It could be incredible and easily rival Harry Potter due to the impact on the SW community. There are probably even more SW fans than HP, and scores of fans old enough to have money of their own to blow on visiting DHS just to see it.

Unfortunately it isn't up to Disney as you probably know. I think it really is up to Lucas and I'm not sure he wants to do it although I agree that Star Wars "land" at DHS would be very popular.

If there was ever to be a 5th gate at WDW (which I doubt), I'd love to see a smalll Star Wars park. There is enough background material for a park. It would certainly trump HP-land.

Since1976

Unfortunately it isn't up to Disney as you probably know. I think it really is up to Lucas and I'm not sure he wants to do it although I agree that Star Wars "land" at DHS would be very popular.

*sigh* Can you imagine what we might have had 10 years ago if Lucas and Eisner had made nice?

FigmentJedi

Whatever they do, I hope the ride fits into the STAR WARS canon. When STAR TOURS came out, the movie series was thought to be over, so no one really cared whether the ride made any sense in the chronology of the series. It was simply meant to be a fun ride. Thus, 3P0 and R2 appear as maintenance droids in an attraction that somehow takes us to the destruction of a Death Star. Is it Death Star 1? Death Star 2? A completely diffferent Death Star altogether? (You wouldn't believe the fan fiction that has arisen to try to explain where STAR TOURS fits into the story.)

STAR WARS lives on. Yes, the movie series is over, but TV and video games appear to be trying to adhere to the outline of the story chronology. The creators of the ride would do well to try to stay true to the story as well.

General consensus is that it's a third Death Star. And that 3PO and R2 are just copies of the originals to get more customers.

Also, to the people that think The Clone Wars suck, the show has actually been pretty good. Captures more of the OT tone then I and II for sure. Hell, Jar Jar is even made tolerable in that series.

jt04

Original Poster
General consensus is that it's a third Death Star. And that 3PO and R2 are just copies of the originals to get more customers.

Also, to the people that think The Clone Wars suck, the show has actually been pretty good. Captures more of the OT tone then I and II for sure. Hell, Jar Jar is even made tolerable in that series.

I definitely agree. It is much better than I anticipated. Can't wait for the new live series.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom