Star Tours II

bauton

If they do incorporate Jar Jar or other generally unliked themes, characters, etc... into the new ride, if done right, it could add a whole nother level to the ride.

When Jar Jar appears on the screen, you could have the same good natured groans that you get when seeing the "back side of water", or the bad natured groans when Stitch burps chili dog in your face.

In other words, you can still have the George Lucas bad stuff from the movies, but incorporate it into the ride so it works with the show for the non-Star Wars fan, but gets the reaction you want from the Star Wars fans.

imagineer boy

If they do incorporate Jar Jar or other generally unliked themes, characters, etc... into the new ride, if done right, it could add a whole nother level to the ride.

When Jar Jar appears on the screen, you could have the same good natured groans that you get when seeing the "back side of water", or the bad natured groans when Stitch burps chili dog in your face.

In other words, you can still have the George Lucas bad stuff from the movies, but incorporate it into the ride so it works with the show for the non-Star Wars fan, but gets the reaction you want from the Star Wars fans.

That's true. I had an idea a while back for an updated safty video where when it gets to the "please move all the way down to the end of your row" part, it shows a person being foced against his will to move all the way down his row to sit next to Jar Jar. Now that would be a perfect way to incorporate him. :lol:

Jpfan4ever

I wouldn't want a Star Wars Park, but a LucasLand or LucasFilm area. Then they could incorporate more Indiana Jones attractions as well. It would work well I think along with PIXAR PLACE and a Muppets area. I hope they do something like this (like Magic Kingdom with different lands) But instead of lands, they would be different studios like Pixar, Lucasfilm, Jim Hennsen etc.

Since1976

I wouldn't want a Star Wars Park, but a LucasLand or LucasFilm area. Then they could incorporate more Indiana Jones attractions as well. It would work well I think along with PIXAR PLACE and a Muppets area. I hope they do something like this (like Magic Kingdom with different lands) But instead of lands, they would be different studios like Pixar, Lucasfilm, Jim Hennsen etc.

I totally agree! But then we might also get
HOWARD THE DUCK: The 3D Adventure :lookaroun

Without getting too far off topic, I really like the idea of lands based around specific studios / filmmakers. Imagine BruckheimerLand, or Michael Bay Land. Their films are more full-on sensory assaults than movies anyway, so they'd be right at home. :ROFLOL:

Festivus

Would love a Star Wars land. I'd like to see a full- scale Millenium Falconyou could actually walk through. Would love a dark ride too that went through different scenes from the whole trilogy, maybe following Anakin's evolution from E1 to E6. They could have a Build-A-Droid store. So many ideas, so little change.

Today's Screamscape has dates attached to the project:

"Rumor - (3/2/09) The latest buzz from our sources about the Star Tours 2 project is that installation could begin now in early to mid 2010 and shooting for a late 2010 or early 2011 grand opening. This is all very early and not set in stone, so expect this schedule to shift quite a bit before it is locked down. This is also only the current prorposed schedule for the WDW version… there no telling if the Disneyland version will follow the same timetable, go early or go late."

SeanC

Dueling internet rumors! Lance says WDW version is a go, but Lutz says WDW pulled the plug throwing a wrench in DLR's timetable and budget and now Tokyo might have to get involved to save the Anaheim update with WDW doing nothing.

SirGoofy

Dueling internet rumors! Lance says WDW version is a go, but Lutz says WDW pulled the plug throwing a wrench in DLR's timetable and budget and now Tokyo might have to get involved to save the Anaheim update with WDW doing nothing.

What a surprise, Lutz is dissing WDW. :rolleyes:

hokielutz

In an interview in Orlando Attractions Mag, one of the lead creative guys for Universal was talking about the future of attractions and he said he thought 3-D without glasses was the future. Or part of it, anyway.

Don't know how in the world it would work... But it was interesting to read, none the less.

Its called AA's

jmuboy

What a surprise, Lutz is dissing WDW. :rolleyes:

Honestly, I would place my bets on Al lutz being correct regarding the Star Tours update. WDW is cheap, and becoming even more cheap with every passing month. So the possibility of them backing out of this project is pretty high. Why do now what you can put off until HP makes your attendance drop? Nothing better than being reactionary right?

GothMickey

Honestly, I would place my bets on Al lutz being correct regarding the Star Tours update. WDW is cheap, and becoming even more cheap with every passing month. So the possibility of them backing out of this project is pretty high. Why do now what you can put off until HP makes your attendance drop? Nothing better than being reactionary right?

Attendance drops, less revune streams, more cutting of entertainment and attractions. This is how WDW management works. They should be proactive right now.

TP2000

Honestly, I would place my bets on Al lutz being correct regarding the Star Tours update. WDW is cheap, and becoming even more cheap with every passing month. So the possibility of them backing out of this project is pretty high.

I tend to believe Lutz on this one too, because he dug in and provided the backstory to why it was postponed for WDW and left Disneyland high and dry. Lance at Screamscape has a fun website, but his one sentence "Star Tours 2 might be coming in 2011" info lacks the background info that Al Lutz just gave today.

SWatsi

But which rumors better?? Only one way to find out... FIGHT!!

This is all rather annoying. Star Tours II in development and WDW will screw it up and end up with nothing.
Just another reason to plan my first Disneyland trip coming soon, but still not good for Orlando.

jt04

Original Poster
But which rumors better?? Only one way to find out... FIGHT!!

This is all rather annoying. Star Tours II in development and WDW will screw it up and end up with nothing.
Just another reason to plan my first Disneyland trip coming soon, but still not good for Orlando.

Screamscape never does Disney politics (or at least very rarely).

Al Lutz, on the other hand, ALWAYS shades his writings with at least 1 swipe at WDW or TDO. His 'agenda' has become boring.

SWatsi

Screamscape never does Disney politics (or at least very rarely).

Al Lutz, on the other hand, ALWAYS shades his writings with at least 1 swipe at WDW or TDO. His 'agenda' has become boring.

Aye, I understand that.
If there is any truth in that post though..? That is all.

Lee

Adventurer
Aye, I understand that.
If there is any truth in that post though..? That is all.
Lots of truth.
ST2 has been ready and waiting for a while now. TDO put it on hold last summer, and has shown no indication that they are ready to move on it.
Totally true.
The part about their decision not to move forward yet having an impact on DL? Haven't heard that for sure, but it definately sounds right.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom