Star Tours II

LilMommyBug

By the way, Hows the weathur up thar in them hills n hollers

I really hope you're joking. If you're not, you're showing your ignorance.

As another Cornelius resident (small world DME), Cornelius is in NO WAY a backwoods hick town. Quite the opposite. :ROFLOL:

Unless you consider multi million dollar houses backwoods....

Pete C

To answer your question about why 3D in the first place, they say they will be able to produce 3D landscape, so things wont necessarily be flying into the simulator, rather youll be able to see "thru" the screen like looking through a window. Thats what I got out of it anyway.

Exactly. 3D isn't just for things flying in your face, but for depth perception. It adds a whole layer to the simulation. Just watch the final scene of Spiderman at IOA, which is a 3D masterpiece. When you are up on top of the buildings flying around, and then the final "drop", it is utterly convincing in every way.

WhatJaneSays

I'm still holding my breath from the "It will be open for Episode II ... with Episode III ... by Celebration IV"

Maybe if Celebration V comes to Orlando they might get around to making this a reality for WDW. I don't mean to be disparaging because I really, really want this to happen but I'll only be happy once I'm done with my first ride.

Glasgow

I'd be very impressed if this potential project could be kept a secret until right before the refurb announcement date. Too often lately the surprise is spoiled by the omnipresent and omniscient Internet-Monster ... lol

jt04

Original Poster
Yeah, i'm sorry, i'm french and i am doing my best. And for a french, believe me, it's not that bad.

Don't pay attention to the lame, ignorant comments, loaloa.

Why do I get the idea that the only Carolinians that are defensive about being called a "hick" are transplants from the rust belt?

A real southerner (of which I am one) would have gotten the joke. :)

There is some way too uptight folks out there. :hammer::lol:

jt04

Original Poster
I really hope you're joking. If you're not, you're showing your ignorance.

As another Cornelius resident (small world DME), Cornelius is in NO WAY a backwoods hick town. Quite the opposite. :ROFLOL:

Unless you consider multi million dollar houses backwoods....

:brick:

Of course it was a joke. Are you from New York or Ohio?:ROFLOL:

MousDad

thumbnail.aspx

VT GAL

First off, I am SUPER hopeful that this happens sooner than later! DH and I talk about this whenever we talk about ST.

Secondly, the New York or Ohio is another Carolinian joke. My parents live in South Carolina (I live the furthest North in Virginia :) ), and EVERYONE around them is from New York or Ohio. It is not meant to be as bad as it sounds :).

Uncle Lupe

Sounds like the Phantom Menace title would fit this project perfectly.

Living in Ohio bites, your either freezin' them off in winter or sweatin' them off in summer.

Captain Hank

This seems like an extremely good idea. Has something like this been done before?
3-D doesn't quite work that way. Each of the two lenses in a pair of modern 3-D glasses is polarized in a different way. One is polarized vertically, the other horizontally. These correspond to two different projectors, each projecting a slightly different image (one for the left eye and one for the right eye), and each with either a vertical or horizontal polarization filter. So, when you wear the 3-D glasses, the left lens only allows the correctly polarized "left eye" image through, and the same with the right eye. Since each image is slightly different, the brain connects them and produces the 3-D illusion in the process.

In order for the whole process to work, each eye has to be completely covered by the correct, different polarization filter (glasses lens).

Hope that wasn't too confusing.

jt04

Original Poster
3-D doesn't quite work that way. Each of the two lenses in a pair of modern 3-D glasses is polarized in a different way. One is polarized vertically, the other horizontally. These correspond to two different projectors, each projecting a slightly different image (one for the left eye and one for the right eye), and each with either a vertical or horizontal polarization filter. So, when you wear the 3-D glasses, the left lens only allows the correctly polarized "left eye" image through, and the same with the right eye. Since each image is slightly different, the brain connects them and produces the 3-D illusion in the process.

In order for the whole process to work, each eye has to be completely covered by the correct, different polarization filter (glasses lens).

And I wonder how long until somone designs some nice stylish quality 3-d glasses since it appears 3d visuals will soon be offered everywhere including television? :cool:

By the way, I wonder how long it will be before Disney does a 3d circlevision film!?

Buried20KLeague

In an interview in Orlando Attractions Mag, one of the lead creative guys for Universal was talking about the future of attractions and he said he thought 3-D without glasses was the future. Or part of it, anyway.

Don't know how in the world it would work... But it was interesting to read, none the less.

Jasonflz

In an interview in Orlando Attractions Mag, one of the lead creative guys for Universal was talking about the future of attractions and he said he thought 3-D without glasses was the future. Or part of it, anyway.

Don't know how in the world it would work... But it was interesting to read, none the less.

Steven Spielberg is currently working on trying to get this technology made. I can't guess for the life of me how this would work.

GothMickey

Wait, someone from Universal is actually working on this? And all Disney pumps out is living characters on a LCD screen? And people wonder why the magic seems to have moved down the road to Universal????????????

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom