Splash Mountain falling apart (literally?)

Thrill Seeker

Sure, TT is a refurb. Initial opinions on the TT refurb were positive but recent opinions are decidedly mixed, with technical problems already reported.

My opinion is the last two really good refurbs were Haunted Mansion and Star Tours.

Let's hope Splash Mountain becomes a third.

Star Tours and Test Track don't count as refurbs because aside from the ride system and name, they are very different looking rides than they were before.

Donald96

8545411953_5bdb5fe6a8_b.jpg

Sorry it took so long but heres a photo! :)

ExtinctJenn

All week last week when we hit the MK they were sending (very regularly) boats through the ride. The water at the bottom of the drop was there but none was running down the hill which lead me to believe the inside was still dry. DH and I kept debating why they'd run boats all day for 5 days in a row... anyone have any clue? Testing it here and there I'd get but every single time we walked past there were empty boats dropping.

Occasional Guest

All week last week when we hit the MK they were sending (very regularly) boats through the ride. The water at the bottom of the drop was there but none was running down the hill which lead me to believe the inside was still dry. DH and I kept debating why they'd run boats all day for 5 days in a row... anyone have any clue? Testing it here and there I'd get but every single time we walked past there were empty boats dropping.
Some of the 999 ghosts are on vacation.

openendedsky

There's probably water going on the inside of the ride, as it has to float, it's just not necessary for the drop portions.

Darth Sidious

Authentically Disney Distinctly Chinese

Maybe they are working on the logs jamming.

MerlinTheGoat

The water that travels down the drop is likely purely a show related element, I assume it's not required for the ride to actually function (in fact I believe people have seen Splash open and pushing through guests before with the main drop's water turned off). But for all other parts of the "track" besides the lift hills and drops, water is required for the boats to move along the trench at all.

Won't be long now before we see how this refurb turned out.

Figments Friend

Yes, it was mentioned in another related thread that the cycling of the boats is used to help fix timing issues with the show elements. You need to boats moving to set off the audio triggers for the different scenes and show elements.
And yes, the water that falls down across the drop is mostly for show.

This could be a good sign, and maybe some elements inside will be tweaked.
We shall soon see.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom