Splash Mountain falling apart (literally?)

Fantasmic

Not really. Look at how long Kali was down and the little they did, right down to leaving the mildew on most of the rafts. PoC queue, it amounted to lengthening on queue and shortening the other for FP+ by adding a few walls. Country Bears came back spiffed up with sections of the show sliced and diced out and animatronics not matching the sound track, Test Track came back much later than its original September date and a chunk of the 'new' wasn't functioning. Dumbo came out pretty but sadly one or the other spinner is frequently down totally messing with the stand-bye spot and that is just a spinner ride.

At least the Bakery at France was a Win! Win! Not holding out the same expectations for the Main Street Bakery. Hoping they don't mess up Cali.

I can't even.. I'm just trying to be hopeful and optimistic..

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
I'm in your camp, I'm guarded. We've seen the bondo repair to the outside holes, curious to see what they accomplished to the actual show within the mountain. Hoping, but I'd be stupid not to be guarded. Expect the very minimum and our dreams will not be squashed.

Where would we be without bondo?

My fingers are crossed. I'm hoping Splash Mountain is one of the refurbs they actually get right!

I would hope so. It may surprise Disney, but many consider Splash a major attraction. :lookaroun

RunnerFool

It was so sad to see this down when we went 2 weeks ago.. A little boy ran up to the gates of the ride and starting crying when his mom caught up to tell him. :'(
Btw, is this going to change anything inside the ride or just make it so it won't fall apart?

Darth Sidious

Authentically Disney Distinctly Chinese
It was so sad to see this down when we went 2 weeks ago.. A little boy ran up to the gates of the ride and starting crying when his mom caught up to tell him. :'(
Btw, is this going to change anything inside the ride or just make it so it won't fall apart?

Word is both... The original budget and plan was to completely fix the ride to original/close to original working order. I suspect that also includes a few NextGen modifications as well. However, that is pending the budget wasn't cut. I would expect just structural fixes for now and be happy with anything more. TDO seemingly operates this way now and for the foreseeable future.

In other words expect the bare minimum but be pleasantly surprised if they do more than that.

RunnerFool

Word is both... The original budget and plan was to completely fix the ride to original/close to original working order. I suspect that also includes a few NextGen modifications as well. However, that is pending the budget wasn't cut. I would expect just structural fixes for now and be happy with anything more. TDO seemingly operates this way now and for the foreseeable future.

In other words expect the bare minimum but be pleasantly surprised if they do more than that.
Yeah, I imagine that if they update anything, it will be something minor.. Maybe adjust a few Hidden Mickey's? ;)

ParentsOf4

Does Test Track count as a refurb? Either way I really hope Splash comes out looking new!
Sure, TT is a refurb. Initial opinions on the TT refurb were positive but recent opinions are decidedly mixed, with technical problems already reported.

My opinion is the last two really good refurbs were Haunted Mansion and Star Tours.

Let's hope Splash Mountain becomes a third.

jdmdisney99

Sure, TT is a refurb. Initial opinions on the TT refurb were positive but recent opinions are decidedly mixed, with technical problems already reported.

My opinion is the last two really good refurbs were Haunted Mansion and Star Tours.

I guess TT depends on your viewpoint. WDI made a great effort with Chevy in the refurb but TDO hasn't done very well at keeping it that way. So it was a good refurb, with a shaky aftermath.

Genie of the Lamp

So what kind of interactive elements can we expect once the Fastpass+ is installed and completed?

ParentsOf4

So what kind of interactive elements can we expect once the Fastpass+ is installed and completed?
Considering NextGen's datamining and tracking technology are involved, I can only answer your question by quoting from The Prisoner's opening sequence:

Number 2: "That would be telling. We want information. Information. Information."
Number 6: "You won't get it."
Number 2: "By hook or by crook, we will."
Number 6: "Who are you?"
Number 2: "The new Number 2."
Number 6: "Who is Number 1?"
Number 2: "You are Number 6."
Number 6: "I am not a number! I am a free man!"
Number 2: [sinister laugh]

:D

Genie of the Lamp

Considering NextGen's datamining and tracking technology are involved, I can only answer your question by quoting from The Prisoner's opening sequence:

Number 2: "That would be telling. We want information. Information. Information."
Number 6: "You won't get it."
Number 2: "By hook or by crook, we will."
Number 6: "Who are you?"
Number 2: "The new Number 2."
Number 6: "Who is Number 1?"
Number 2: "You are Number 6."
Number 6: "I am not a number! I am a free man!"
Number 2: [sinister laugh]

:D

What about the number 4?;) BTW, I found this number code that will be tattooed to your arm since if will be your alternative for not wearing a magic band:
nike+-fuelband-review-wrist-numbers.jpg

(Get it: difference of 3 and 1 is two. Difference between 9 and 3 is 6. Number 1 at beginning. And you being a parent of 4 kids)

djlaosc

You could also include Hall of Presidents, but I don't know if that was really a refurb (the addition of Obama) - that would be between HM and ST2.0, I think...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom