Splash Mountain falling apart (literally?)

MUTZIE77

Original Poster
I wouldn't hold your breath. The past has taught us to expect the least amount of work for the most amount of time.
Yeah thats why I am hoping. I am going on what some insiders have said, but I will be waiting for photo evidence. I have this awful feeling that the tarps will still be up in the load/unload area.

the-reason14

I hope it can open a little early for next week as I don't know when I'll be back after next week. Either way hope they open when they're ready and they do it right.

PurpleDragon

I made a comment about the poor condition of the ride last time I was there back in 2010. The anamatronics (and I assume parts of the facade) are not able to withstand the constant high humidity and its finally taking its toll. I would hope with the refurb they are smart and use more water resistant materials or do a waterproofing treatment on everything before they reopen.

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
My thoughts as well. Nothing in recent history suggests doing more than the bare minimum. Even if it does open looking grand, it still has to be kept in such a condition instead of being allowed to fall apart and rot again.
I'm in your camp, I'm guarded. We've seen the bondo repair to the outside holes, curious to see what they accomplished to the actual show within the mountain. Hoping, but I'd be stupid not to be guarded. Expect the very minimum and our dreams will not be squashed.

Why are people hoping for an early opening. Surely the later it's closed, the more they're gonna fix properly!!

Not really. Look at how long Kali was down and the little they did, right down to leaving the mildew on most of the rafts. PoC queue, it amounted to lengthening on queue and shortening the other for FP+ by adding a few walls. Country Bears came back spiffed up with sections of the show sliced and diced out and animatronics not matching the sound track, Test Track came back much later than its original September date and a chunk of the 'new' wasn't functioning. Dumbo came out pretty but sadly one or the other spinner is frequently down totally messing with the stand-bye spot and that is just a spinner ride.

At least the Bakery at France was a Win! Win! Not holding out the same expectations for the Main Street Bakery. Hoping they don't mess up Cali.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom