Splash Mountain falling apart (literally?)

disney fan 13

Let the countdown begin!:) This is my favorite Baxter ride and one of my favorite WDW rides so they better not screw this up. (FYI, expect your Dolphins to sign Wallace tomorrow or in the next few days as that's the report I'm hearing out of my Burgh town Steelers).

Lets hope this refurb is what we are hoping for... ( And we are all pretty excited down here to get Wallace, he will be a very big part of the offense next year.)

ExtinctJenn

Thanks for the comments re: the water down the hill. I suppose that was just an observation and my "huh?" moment was really trying to determine why for 5 straight days, all day, they ran empty boats through the attraction. I assumed it was to test something as well but it just seemed odd and a waste. My gut keeps telling me there is something new (maybe even behind the scenes) to control the boat synchronization (as someone mentioned) and it was being tested. Then again it could just be that they ran the boats for show to keep people turning their head to look. LOL!

Soarin' Over Pgh

Let the countdown begin!:) This is my favorite Baxter ride and one of my favorite WDW rides so they better not screw this up. (FYI, expect your Dolphins to sign Wallace tomorrow or in the next few days as that's the report I'm hearing out of my Burgh town Steelers).

That's what I've heard too. I'm still rather butthurt that we're losing Wallace and Harrison.

Wait, this is a Disney forum. Ok.

So yeah... about that uh, log flume ride.... ok, I got nothing.

MerlinTheGoat

They've been testing the logs for days now apparently. It doesn't mean the ride is ready to open or that everything is done inside either. There's no telling what the current condition of it inside is. I wouldn't get your hopes up about it opening ahead of schedule. This was an incredibly short refurb for everything that needed to be done, i'd be surprised if the ride is ready for reopening just yet.

jeff59rt

Most of the day the ride was dry, yesterday the lower part was running but the splash hill was dry. Did get some pictures of guys working outside though around 2 pm. I guess they only do work on the mine train till about 10 am though.

All Disney All The Time

If I get to ride a roller coaster fast and backwards!, I'm a happy guy. We get to go to WDW once a year, I refuse to let stuff bother me. Otherwise we'd go somewhere else. Our first trip to WDW was in the mid-1970's. All that was open was the Magic Kingdom, River Country, Discovery Island, Fort Wilderness, the Polynesian, the Contemporary, and the Disney Inn (now Shades of Green). It wow'ed us then, it wows us now. Had I known what WDW would turn into I would have changed my college major into something that translated into a job there. Alas I have a "particular set of skills" that pays me well (thank you Seton Hall University!) but doesn't translate into a well paying job at WDW. Like most folks I need that paycheck to "feed the bulldog".

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom