'Spitting' Teen Shocked With Taser At Disney

primetime52

I like you guys, alot. I'm a recent college grad (U of Miami). On our campus last year we had a similar situation, a couple students got "tazed" after harassing police officers during some worthless (crazy) student protest. In my opinion, they got what they deserved, especially since the officers had to either restrain them, or possibly be hurt by them. However, several members of the farrrr left student body (I'm very moderate on pretty much every issue there is) were outraged by this and got worked up into making very serious accusations of police brutality. In short, that situation drove me insane since it was obvious to any rational human being that the officers had no choice but to taze them. Based on what I've read about this WDW incident, you could basically consider the two incidents to be identical for argument's sake. I'm just glad to see that I'm not the only human being in the world who agrees that police have the right to restrain people in such a way when there seems to be no other option. When someone harrrasses a police officer, I don't see how they have any right to complain if they get tazed as a result. Thank you guys for having some sanity on this issue.

wvdisneyfamily

There are some places up here where they mine as well be hillbillies.

You say hillbilly like it is a bad thing and they are worthless people with no manners or any decent qualities. I am a "hillbilly" as I am from one of the southern geographic areas that are associated with said term (LABEL). I'll promise you one thing - my mom and dad (also hillybilly according to the aforementioned definition) raised me with better manners than to spit on people, hit people, and cuss at people. They also taught me not to stare down my nose at people and place labels on them such as "white trash" or ignorant hillbilly. The world would be a much better place if we could just acknowledge that someone did something wrong without trying to explain their actions by placing a label on them. There are rude people with poor upbringings in every walk of life. I consider posting hurtful stereotypes to be another form of rudeness that is equal in offense to the one that brought about this whole discussion.

PigletIsMyCat

First off, had to come in with the link to the LI paper that covered this story... gods, how I miss Newsday.... http://www.newsday.com/news/local/longisland/ny-lidisn0523,0,1190176.story

There was a 20 year old 'woman', a 19 year old 'man, and a 17, 16, and 14 year old. All appeared to be drunk (problem number 1 - none of them are of legal age). MK security held them in custody for spitting on and cursing at other guests unprovoked. Apparantly, they charged at the deputy when he arrived. The drunken guests formed a circle around the deputy and started attacking him, and once the deputy witnessed the 17 year old girl punch the Disney security guard, he (finally) tased her.

I have had dealings with numerous people from Shirley while I was growing up in Suffolk county. Shirley is considered the boonies of Long Island; it is (sorry) basically filled with trash. Remember, I'm speaking from experience. Longwood school district is not a good district, and girls from Shirley always - ALWAYS - fight dirty. If you doubt at all what I am saying, please click above link and check out the comments that fellow Long Island Newsday-readers left about this group of people.

Also, stop bashing New Yorkers. I lived in New York for the first 26 years of my life, and never participated in anything like this. This group of 'people' are the exception on Long Island, not the norm. So stop trying to further the incorrect stereotypes that New Yorkers are a bunch of ill-spoken, ill-mannered, fighting, nasty, cussing, and super rude ***holes. Because we're not.

Almost done, the Yankees have just had bad luck with their bullpen this season. But the season's still early, so stupid Clemens might have a shot (albeit a small one) at his precious Championship Ring. Still, the Yankees suck. GO METS!!!!

Finally, to those who said their kids are going to Hofstra, Hofstra is in mid-Nassau county, like 70 miles from Shirley. Hofstra is one of the best schools in New York, and probably the best college on Long Island (with the obvious exception of Cornell). One word of advice, be careful with their finance department. My brother went to Hofstra and got royally screwed with by their finance department. They actually turned down a student loan that my brother applied for (and was approved for) and opted to try and sue my brother for the tuition.

First off, had to come in with the link to the LI paper that covered this story... gods, how I miss Newsday.... http://www.newsday.com/news/local/longisland/ny-lidisn0523,0,1190176.story

There was a 20 year old 'woman', a 19 year old 'man, and a 17, 16, and 14 year old. All appeared to be drunk (problem number 1 - none of them are of legal age). MK security held them in custody for spitting on and cursing at other guests unprovoked. Apparantly, they charged at the deputy when he arrived. The drunken guests formed a circle around the deputy and started attacking him, and once the deputy witnessed the 17 year old girl punch the Disney security guard, he (finally) tased her.

I have had dealings with numerous people from Shirley while I was growing up in Suffolk county. Shirley is considered the boonies of Long Island; it is (sorry) basically filled with trash. Remember, I'm speaking from experience. Longwood school district is not a good district, and girls from Shirley always - ALWAYS - fight dirty. If you doubt at all what I am saying, please click above link and check out the comments that fellow Long Island Newsday-readers left about this group of people.

Also, stop bashing New Yorkers. I lived in New York for the first 26 years of my life, and never participated in anything like this. This group of 'people' are the exception on Long Island, not the norm. So stop trying to further the incorrect stereotypes that New Yorkers are a bunch of ill-spoken, ill-mannered, fighting, nasty, cussing, and super rude ***holes. Because we're not.

Almost done, the Yankees have just had bad luck with their bullpen this season. But the season's still early, so stupid Clemens might have a shot (albeit a small one) at his precious Championship Ring. Still, the Yankees suck. GO METS!!!!

Finally, to those who said their kids are going to Hofstra, Hofstra is in mid-Nassau county, like 70 miles from Shirley. Hofstra is one of the best schools in New York, and probably the best college on Long Island (with the obvious exception of Cornell). One word of advice, be careful with their finance department. My brother went to Hofstra and got royally screwed with by their finance department. They actually turned down a student loan that my brother applied for (and was approved for) and opted to try and sue my brother for the tuition.

Well said. Thanks.

the-reason14

All I know if anyone at WDW, teen, adult, whatever, had spitted on me, I know I probably would have been the one taken into custody after beating their a__.

The Mom

Premium Member
I agree with everyone who stated ignorant, rude people have no age, gender, ethnic, geographic, or cultural barriers. They are, unfortunately, everywhere, and also, unfortunately, are able to travel and spread their garbage everywhere.

I'm happy that this particular group got a suitable punishment, and hope that this story will make others think twice about their behavior. Unfortunately, I don't think so.

BUT, posting insulting remarks about others who have NOT behaved this way as if they were of similar character just because of geographic location does not promote a civil, intelligent discussion, so I'm locking this one. If someone has more information (not opinion, but news) to add, please PM me and I will reopen it.

The Mom

Premium Member
I am reopening the thread, as there is more news on the actual incident. If I see anymore LI, NY, Northern in general, Hillbilly, Brazil, or any other group bashing, it will be locked again!

PhotoDave219

According to this AP Article, the incidents started over by Space Mountain and the Brawl alledgedly went down in a security office (?). I'm still confused by it but Felony Battery on a LEO carries jail time in Florida.

Associated Press said:
LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. -- Five people who reportedly spat on and swore at Walt Disney World patrons were arrested after they allegedly punched a sheriff's deputy in the face, officials said.

The suspects, all from Shirley, N.Y., ranged in age from 20 to 14 years old. Disney security told authorities they may have been intoxicated.

Security detained the five Sunday after complaints in the Space Mountain area, according to police documents. An all-out brawl erupted when the Orange County sheriff's deputy arrived to help, the incident report said.

The five were in a Disney security office when the deputy arrived, and Brian Guilfoil, 19, was threatening security, according to the report. The officer intervened, and the rest of the suspects allegedly rushed over.

"I was punched in the face with closed fists several times by all the defendants," the deputy wrote. "I defended myself by throwing counter punches in their faces and bodies in an attempt to break free."

The suspects surrounded the deputy and intermittently attacked as he turned, the report said.

The deputy used a Taser stun gun on a 17-year-old girl after she allegedly punched a security officer, and then everyone came under control, according to the report.

All five were arrested on charges of battery on a law enforcement officer and resisting arrest with violence. The 17-year-old also faced charges of battery on a uniformed officer.

Guilfoil and Rose DiPietro, 20, were each released Monday on $2,300 bond. The Associated Press is withholding the names of the other three suspects, who are underage. Authorities would not say Tuesday if the youths were still in custody.

A telephone message left at DiPietro and Guilfoil's telephone number was not immediately returned Tuesday.

"Behavior like this is not tolerated at the Walt Disney World resort," Disney spokeswoman Zoraya Suarez said. "That's why we rely on the Orange County Sheriff's Office to assist us in situations like these.

brkgnews

Even if they were anywhere in the park, but ESPECIALLY if they were in a security office, this thing is probably on tape. So it should be pretty clear what happened.

bryPOD

Just want to let you all know that this story is on the front page of AM New York, and its a main article in all the New York papers this morning. However, none of the papers are siding with the folks from Long Island, and make the entire event out to be their fault (which I'm shocked about, as the media tends to side with the little guy over Disney).

hrcollectibles

All I know if anyone at WDW, teen, adult, whatever, had spitted on me, I know I probably would have been the one taken into custody after beating their a__.

I actually encounterted this situation while visitng a park that was not disney. Its in Ocala, Silver Springs. Anyways I was on their animal safari thing basically they drive you around and you look at the animlas they had. Well This kid (like 6 or 7) was kicking the back of my seat I turned and was about to ask him to stop .. when I did this the kid spit in my face... The parents apologized . and said he does that alot .. I am not a violent person I was kind of in shock more than anything.... now to me if this ios a problem I think some kind of disciplanry action should be taken by the parents....

hrcollectibles

I am surprised there is no video of this ebvent online.. And these kids ( i know one was 20) got their 15 minutes of fame.... I think another issue here is if the appeared to be drunk.. how did they obtain the alcohol???

Stereotypes are a part of life these days...

I live in NC... so I must be a john deer riding, country signing, southern draw talk, can't say the alphabet, my cousins my brother, always reckin' and fixin', nascar every sunday, type folk...

But actually I'm from Boston, so I'm the can't say my "r"s, desperate sports fan, drunk only on days that end in "y", sam adams and guiness chuggers, known as a mass-hole on the road, rather lick my back side then meet Jeter, type folk...

New Yorkers will always have a bad name... and thats just what it is, a bad stereotypical name. My one bad experience ever flying was thanks to a New Yorker... big deal though... I still fell in love with a Yankees fan. New York, and it's patrons, are ok in my book... but remember, it only takes the actions of one to ruin the group for everyone...

Texas will forever be known for illegal mexicans and George W. Bush... So I think New Yorkers have it pretty easy:rolleyes:
well said!
This is not just exclusive to state, but country. My mother is from ireland, so she must be a drunken leprechaun, right?

this is about dumb kids spitting at DISNEY WORLD. not about where they are from. how about a discussion of what kind of upbringing did they have to think it was okay to behave this way, and what kind of society allows this behavior to become all too common place lately? apparently, the same kind of society that allows paris hilton to be worthly of nightly news....

the mom

sorry, i didn't read through the entire thread, so when i posted it was before i scrolled up and saw that you had previously (and correctly) locked the thread. i hope that my post did not upset you or seem disrespectful to anyone in any way.

why can't we all just get along!:(

willythelab

halloween horror nights

During Halloween Horror Nights at Universal, this stuff happens every night. Let alone almost every other day at IOA. There's never enough staff, especially security, at IOA. I saw a fight continue for about 10 minutes there back in October, 2005. It is a testament to The Mouse how well they handled this and most incidents. it's just so conspicuous when something like this does happen at The World. Those idiots are going down big for hitting a cop. Those OC Sheriffs are always polite and helpful to guests at the parks and DTD. Good job by all!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom