Speculation on the SOA and LMA piece of land at Hollywood Studios

Disneyhead'71

You have that right. But don't speak for the entire industry.
Ok, I won't. I'll let Amusement Today's Golden Ticket Awards speak for the industry.
image.jpg

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
But what if it is Marvel? We keep hearing rumors that Universal is in talks to give it to Disney so Disney can really cut into Uni's business. Those rumors make perfect sense and are extremely well-sourced.

Say Marvel is impossible all you want, I guarantee lots of us will still be here saying, "Maybe they're planning something with Marvel."

well... I know sometimes where there is smoke.... but from what I hear Uni is about to refurb/redo some of the marvel things they even have so if that's true I doubt they are just going to let it go.

HOWEVER... I could possibly see a case (if Disney really wants it that bad in florida) where Disney forks over a lot of money to Uni... Disney gets to build Marvel whatever, Uni keeps what they have as well (for the time being), and it's a win win for both

I'm sure there's a price for anything but I'm just not going to hold my breath

Mawg

Getting back on Topic, I'm having a problem visualizing all these new Mini-land ideas, They have Star Wars Land and Toy Story land now if they add other mini-lands aren't they kind of pigeon-holed into just a few lands and anytime they want to add on they have to build another mini-land. They need a way to represent lots of movies without always having to build a whole land for them. That's why I liked the idea of a portion of the park for Pixar, Lucas, Disney Animations and Marvel (can't happen to the extent I would like). It seems they need a place where they can mishmash some movies together but it doesn't look like that's going to be possible. In the end I'm worried that this park will become stale again and very hard to add on. New and better movies will come out in the future, how are they going to represent them, completely re-do a whole mini-land?

ctrlaltdel

The more I think about it, the more I think there is going to be 2 new lands in LMA/SoA. There is about 20 acres of usable land in that section of the park, discounting what is being used in TSL/SWL. So a mini-Carsland (I honestly would be ok with copying the DCA version, since it looks incredible), and something else. I don't necessarily want a Carsland in the first place, but I think that it's likely. Holding out hope for a door-coaster though.

Disneyhead'71

The more I think about it, the more I think there is going to be 2 new lands in LMA/SoA. There is about 20 acres of usable land in that section of the park, discounting what is being used in TSL/SWL. So a mini-Carsland (I honestly would be ok with copying the DCA version, since it looks incredible), and something else. I don't necessarily want a Carsland in the first place, but I think that it's likely. Holding out hope for a door-coaster though.
I believe 2 lands, or 1 land and another E Ticket and surrounding placemaking.

ctrlaltdel

I believe 2 lands, or 1 land and another E Ticket and surrounding placemaking.
There has to be another big E-ticket (emphasis on big) in that section of the park. It would be a waste otherwise. You need people moving throughout the park. I'm perfectly ok with TSL because it adds family rides and capacity; that entire land is going to be in current backstage areas. But you can't have a crap-ton of people going to SWL and not have them go to the very back of the park.

Mawg

Getting back on Topic, I'm having a problem visualizing all these new Mini-land ideas, They have Star Wars Land and Toy Story land now if they add other mini-lands aren't they kind of pigeon-holed into just a few lands and anytime they want to add on they have to build another mini-land. They need a way to represent lots of movies without always having to build a whole land for them. That's why I liked the idea of a portion of the park for Pixar, Lucas, Disney Animations and Marvel (can't happen to the extent I would like). It seems they need a place where they can mishmash some movies together but it doesn't look like that's going to be possible. In the end I'm worried that this park will become stale again and very hard to add on. New and better movies will come out in the future, how are they going to represent them, completely re-do a whole mini-land?
To add on to this, I like the idea that the Great Movie ride is in the middle of this and everything spirals out from it but I think the lands should be more genre or studio based and less themed to a specific movie. As much as I would like to see a Monster Inc land or a Cars land I'm starting to think, it just won't work, it doesn't leave room for all the other great movies.

KrazyKat

Question, anyone know if the land in the upper NW section of the park behind RNRC is suitable for expansion?

Attachments

• article-2543873-1ADE974D00000578-855_964x575.jpg
    article-2543873-1ADE974D00000578-855_964x575.jpg
    234.1 KB · Views: 127

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom