Speculation on the SOA and LMA piece of land at Hollywood Studios

ToTBellHop

I realize that this is not a WDW vs DL discussion thread, but having spent a roughly equal amount of time in both parks I have to say that it's more than Carsland and a few FL dark rides. For what it's worth, of the 6 US parks, DL is hands down my favorite and MK had long been my least favorite. DHS has now fallen to the bottom.
Not that I want to further this OT discussion, but I have been to DL and am aware of what it is and isn't. DL is also my favorite domestic park, but for the rides it has that WDW does not, almost all have height requirements greater than the stature of my shorties. I look forward to taking them in a few years. We've had similar discussions regarding DCL. I think part of the issue is that we go to WDW frequently whereas I haven't been to DL since the 50th and my wife has never been, so there would be more pressure to do "everything".

Last edited:

SirLink

As much DLR lovers want to point out what attractions are better out there, you never hear them talk about castles. Even with the nostalgia, Sleeping Beauty's castle is

Nostalgia and a whimpy castle?

What? Who cares about the Castle, when the quality and diversity of its E Ticket lineup is better ... In this new plot, I sincerely hope there are some rides that are going to turn the wheel and be innovative setting a new bar ... who am I kidding.

DisneyGentleman

And you call my castle wimpy?
Hfp9rl6.jpg

Capsin4

What? Who cares about the Castle, when the quality and diversity of its E Ticket lineup is better ... In this new plot, I sincerely hope there are some rides that are going to turn the wheel and be innovative setting a new bar ... who am I kidding.

Define better. Everyone has a different rating for elements as well as a different weighting.

Capsin4

Not that I want to further this OT discussion, but I have been to DL and am aware of what it is and isn't. DL is also my favorite domestic park, but if the rides it has that WDW does not, almost all have height requirements greater than the stature of my shorties. I look forward to taking them in a few years. We've had similar discussions regarding DCL. I think part of the issue is that we go to WDW frequently whereas I haven't been to DL since the 50th and my wife has never been, so there would be more pressure to do "everything".
Same here...almost exact circumstance. One thing I've never done is visit both resorts in the same year. We'll fit that in some year down the line. The one thing like the most about WDW is I feel like I can escape the real world for a week or two and not see civilization. Returning to SOCAL, a place I lived to for several years, takes a bite out of it.

captainmoch

As much DLR lovers want to point out what attractions are better out there, you never hear them talk about castles. Even with the nostalgia, Sleeping Beauty's castle is

I haven't been to Disneyland until this summer and it's my favorite park now. So no pulling out a "You're just nostalgic card". I won't argue with MK's castle being better, but that's sort of irrelevant overall. I don't grade a park on it's icon.

Capsin4

I haven't been to Disneyland until this summer and it's my favorite park now. So no pulling out a "You're just nostalgic card". I won't argue with MK's castle being better, but that's sort of irrelevant overall. I don't grade a park on it's icon.
Not an argument I'm making. Just a comment about a castle.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom