Speculation on the SOA and LMA piece of land at Hollywood Studios

Magenta Panther

Of course there's no hope for a Mary Poppins attraction thanks to Iger's disdain for genuine Disney.

Some sort of Villains attraction would be awesome, and given the popularity of all of the Villains one-time events, it'd be a no-brainer. But this is TDO after all. :p

Last edited:

Magenta Panther

Show me one insider claiming this ... GO ON Phil show me ...

He has no info whatsoever. He's just another Marvel nutbar who's obsessed with getting Marvel stuff in WDW, which TRUE insiders here have told us OVER AND OVER IS. NOT.GOING.TO.HAPPEN.

Good grief.

Again, if you so-called WDW fans want Marvel rides so bad, there's this little park down the street called Universal...

Phicinfan

He has no info whatsoever. He's just another Marvel nutbar who's obsessed with getting Marvel stuff in WDW, which TRUE insiders here have told us OVER AND OVER IS. NOT.GOING.TO.HAPPEN.

Good grief.

Again, if you so-called WDW fans want Marvel rides so bad, there's this little park down the street called Universal...
Just to add, why would WDW want to copy the other park? Even if they were willing to spill out tons of cash to get the right to....Disney isn't much of a follower, they want to innovate. I doubt greatly we will ever see Marvel in WDW because of Uni

rioriz

Well since we are throwing around speculations here are mine:

Tokyo Area with Big Hero 6 theme and ride

Or

Continue in the alien world aspect and go with GotG ride and land...

I do not forsee any Disney Classic Cartoon presence on this side of the park

dizneycrazy09

I'm going to say something so ridiculous and outlandish that I may get stoned and thrown off the messages boards for good but here it goes - What about an original concept right?! *Gasps he said it* Something on par with ToT, Everest, TT, etc. I know, I know, Disney doesn't do this anymore, but COME ON. Let these brilliantly imaginative people be creative for the love.

Disneyhead'71

But what if it is Marvel? We keep hearing rumors that Universal is in talks to give it to Disney so Disney can really cut into Uni's business. Those rumors make perfect sense and are extremely well-sourced.

Say Marvel is impossible all you want, I guarantee lots of us will still be here saying, "Maybe they're planning something with Marvel."
That's because of obsessive fan bois. Universal and Marvel were in talks.....to expand Marvel Super Hero Island at IOA. Not for Disney to get the rights back. Name one credible source that is saying Disney is getting the Marvel rights back.

And on Sept. 8th, MSHI starts it's upgrade. All this talk of Disney getting the rights back is fan boi blather and willful ignorance.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
You get so hung up on "insider" this and "facts" that without ever focusing on the bottom line: it looks like Marvel is coming to WDW! If you want verification, check the OP.

Marvel is not coming to WDW any time soon. Universal just announced a major refurb of the Hulk coaster and made no mention of it changing theme. Universal is increasing the presence Marvel has in IOA, not decreasing it. The bottom line is that Disney would have to pay a TON of money to get the rights back then a TON more money to make use of them at WDW. They have owned Marvel for over 5 years now and have done very little with it in the parks where the can use it, so what makes you think they want to spend that kind of money to use it in WDW?

Disneyhead'71

It does make sense! There are lots of people who want a Marvel attraction at WDW. If that occurred, those people would spend more money at WDW and less money at Universal. Of course Universal wants to give Marvel back to Disney!

Plus, look at all the posts on these boards saying that WDW will take back the Marvel IP from Universal. That's how you know it is happening!
But it's NOT happening.

Disneyhead'71

Marvel isn't coming to WDW anytime soon, maybe never. Which sucks because it's stuck in limbo. Disney/Marvel would never let Universal use their actors to create an actual themed attractions (i.e. not the Hulk coaster) at USF/IOA (because of competition). Uni won't sell the rights to Disney, because Disney could then implement a fully themed Marvel land, taking away the market share of Uni. So it's gonna be stuck in a kind of no mans land. We'll actually get a Marvel land that lives up to the expectations of fans in DCA soon enough. But it will likely never happen in Orlando.
It's not stuck in no man's land. They are getting ready to build an Avengers E Ticket using the MCU likenesses in Islands of Adventure.

UpAllNight

Wow get a grip people. Marvel is in good hands in Orlando; Disney has had nearly 2 decades to create a ride that matches Spiderman using one of their multiple other franchises and they have done absolutely nothing to compete with this world class, innovative, ground breaking, multiple award winning ride.

GET OVER IT

peter11435

Wow get a grip people. Marvel is in good hands in Orlando; Disney has had nearly 2 decades to create a ride that matches Spiderman using one of their multiple other franchises and they have done absolutely nothing to compete with this world class, innovative, ground breaking, multiple award winning ride.

GET OVER IT
Meh.. Disneyland's Indiana jones was already better than Spiderman

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom