Speculation on the SOA and LMA piece of land at Hollywood Studios

doctornick

So I think everyone would agree that there is still a plot of land where we all thought Carsland was gonna go. Steve mentioned that the plans were changed and there was still stuff unannounced. So if it's not Carsland, what would they have changed it to? Some form of Marvel? There was talk recently that Uni and Disney were trying to work out a deal. Maybe Indiana Jones? There was speculation about the ride finally come over and the new restaurant concept at DTD had been received well. Possibly a different Pixar franchise? But then why not just make it Pixar Land and include many different franchises? Or could it be something more girl oriented? The park is now leaning very boy heavy, which was the opposite complaint when they announced New Famtasyland.

What are your thought or predictions?

Do you have a link to where Steve mentioned this? With so many rapidly moving threads, it's hard to keep track.

Personally, I'd be pretty surprised if we wouldn't see additional Pixar offerings in the LMA/Catastrophe Canyon/SoA (non-Muppets) area. Cars is still the most likely candidate given the popularity of merch and the upcoming movie. Monsters Inc or The Incredibles would be IMHO the most likely other candidates. I expect additional Pixar stuff to open before Star Wars fully opens.

As for Marvel, it wouldn't shock me to see a GotG ride added to DHS (or conceivably Tomorrowland, but DHS needs it more). I also think its possible that an Indiana Jones ride or something related to Disney Animation gets added. With a reported $2.8B going towards DHS, even considering infrastructure costs and the plans for Toy Story & Star Wars, there should be plenty of money for additional unannounced offerings.

orlando678-

Oh Universal will have many other franchises to work with. Fast and the furious, king kong, the grinch, nintendo games and so much more.

orlando678-

A boat ride similar to great movie ride going through animated disney movie scenes would be awesome. Move philharmagic with a randomized system, add a villain ride, add a carrousel and voila you have a disney animation land.

TheScreed

Why would Universal/Comcast want to give up a contract for a popular IP to Disney. No one in the know, partial know or anyone of any sane brain function think Marvel* is coming to WDW...

There are people all over these boards saying that it might happen. What makes more sense, that there really is a secret plan in the works to transfer the Marvel rights over to Disney, or that people are engaged in wishful thinking?

Star Wars will be costly I'm sure but toy story land looks like a cheap addition so maybe a chunk of that approval was to buy the theme park rights and then build a marvel land?

That makes perfect sense and fits with everything we know. This is definitely happening.

Sportsphan95

A boat ride similar to great movie ride going through animated disney movie scenes would be awesome. Move philharmagic with a randomized system, add a villain ride, add a carrousel and voila you have a disney animation land.
I would want a completely redone EPCOT before they even begin construction on this, IMO.
EPCOT's attractions are literally wasting away as we speak.

Phicinfan

Well I for one will never believe they will ever do a "marvel" section in WDW. Not with Uni just up the road. Disney won't pay for it.

BUT.....

could there be a Hero section? Maybe tie in some old and new with Incredibles, Big Hero 6 and GoTG? Stay away from marvel and just promote some other hero stuff instead? Just a thought.

SirLink

There are people all over these boards saying that it might happen. What makes more sense, that there really is a secret plan in the works to transfer the Marvel rights over to Disney, or that people are engaged in wishful thinking?

That makes perfect sense and fits with everything we know. This is definitely happening.

Show me one insider claiming this ... GO ON Phil show me ...

Sportsphan95

Well I for one will never believe they will never do a "marvel" section in WDW. Not with Uni just up the road. Disney won't pay for it.

BUT.....

could there be a Hero section? Maybe tie in some old and new with Incredibles, Big Hero 6 and GoTG? Stay away from marvel and just promote some other hero stuff instead? Just a thought.
Hero is too vague/widespread of a topic. There have been heroes in Disney movies for decades now.

Phicinfan

Hero is too vague/widespread of a topic. There have been heroes in Disney movies for decades now.
Granted, but still its an untapped oportunity, and with the other expansions they have time to let fall out from next GoTG and Incredibles movies to play out(I believe there is still a 2nd Incredibles coming..)

ctrlaltdel

I would want a completely redone EPCOT before they even begin construction on this, IMO.
This is probably for another thread, but I think Epcot is clearly the next to get a massive upgrade after DHS. Probably 10 years or so down the road though.

orlando678-

All attractions need refurbs. Imagination trackless ride, new 4d movie replacing captain eo, the living with the land ride gets new scenes, circle of life replaced by an audio animatronic show hosted by the four seasons, seas gets rid of nemo, except for Crush and gets a new submarine ride, energy gets rid of Ellen and gets new scenes, wonders of life re opens with new rides including inside out ride, mission space gets randomized with new missions to different planets, motion pavilion gets new rides like aquatopia and a pilot simulator, new weather pavilion, new rides at world showcase.

doctornick

Sure, you could also include Hercules and Indiana Jones, depending on how it is framed. Don't expect it at all, but wouldn't be an unreasonable idea.

mm52200

Sure, you could also include Hercules and Indiana Jones, depending on how it is framed. Don't expect it at all, but wouldn't be an unreasonable idea.
Let's be honest, does Bob Iger even know that there's a Disney film called Hercules? The company has been very successful of wiping out any traces of Disney animated films from the late 90s like Hunchback, Pocahontas, Hercules, and Mulan from the parks.

majortom1981

Let's be honest, does Bob Iger even know that there's a Disney film called Hercules? The company has been very successful of wiping out any traces of Disney animated films from the late 90s like Hunchback, Pocahontas, Hercules, and Mulan from the parks.
They play them all the time on Disney junior. Seemingly on repeat.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom