Speculation on the SOA and LMA piece of land at Hollywood Studios

NormC

I think they should do something with the Incredibles. They could incorporate Catastrophe Canyon. Syndrome could flip the fuel truck over at you as you pass by and Frozone (not Elsa) could put out the fire. A Monsters or Cars ride seems inevitable though.

It won't be Marvel and it doesn't need to be. Disney has plenty of IP without dipping into that well. Also Disney does not need to buy something they already own. Uni doesn't own anything from Marvel. They only license it in an exclusive territory.

HauntedMansionFLA

it's not Marvel

could be more Pixar "stuff" if I had to guess - it does seem DL and WDW are beginning to see mirror'ed attractions/lands so who knows... maybe something cars related but I wouldn't be surprised if it's Monsters.

It would have made A LOT more sense to create a Frozenland at DHS (in addition to what they have announced) and leave the Maelstrom....

Whatever it is, they need to keep a Muppets presence somewhere, somehow

my guess is they need to leave LMA running until other things open whether they want to or not
I agree that it should be Frozen for the female demographic. Frozen castle with a dark ride, sing a long, dining, retail and meet / greet. We will have to see how the new movie does at the box office.

MississippiBelle

Following suit with some of the other posters, I would like to see Pixar get expanded a bit more. Toy Story was (is) great but I think that idea came largely from the fact that there is already a Toy Story Land in other parks so they had basic ride concepts ready to go rather than starting from scratch. That being said, there are other Pixar rides and attractions in other parks that could be introduced in some way. As mentioned, there are a lot of great Pixar movies in the works, so a dedicated land would be a good place to showcase new movies in a park that was formerly supposed to be all about movies. But who knows... maybe the new name will be "Disney's Frozen Space Adventure" and the next "magic band" idea will be a parka/space suit combo that reads all of your bio metric information and has a credit card chip installed in a glove so the second you pick up a piece of merchandise it is yours. Who needs cashiers!

djkidkaz

Original Poster
I find it odd that if it was Carsland coming to DHS that it wasn't announced. Why would they save that announcement? Are we to expect that Star Wars land will arrive before Carsland? I'm sure they would already have artwork for Carsland at DHS as well since I'd imagine it's going to be basically a replica.

Disneyhead'71

I find it odd that if it was Carsland coming to DHS that it wasn't announced. Why would they save that announcement? Are we to expect that Star Wars land will arrive before Carsland? I'm sure they would already have artwork for Carsland at DHS as well since I'd imagine it's going to be basically a replica.
Why would they wait?
1. To have something else huge to announce at the next D23.
2. To not give the impression that the current park is in shambles.
3. To not cause people to postpone their vacations until 2021 until everything is done.

doctornick

I agree that it should be Frozen for the female demographic. Frozen castle with a dark ride, sing a long, dining, retail and meet / greet. We will have to see how the new movie does at the box office.

Frozen has a ride coming and the sing alone and M&Gs already. I don't think there is a need for more Frozen stuff (I'm not a making fun of all the Frozen person, but that's a reasonable amount even given the popularity of the franchise).

I'd love to see some Disney Animation properties be at DHS. I kinda was fond of the idea of a Toontown variation where it is where the characters "work" as opposed to "live".

doctornick

Why would it be that odd? They announced a ton of stuff at D23 for the parks, why not keep back some announcements for a later time so you can get some publicity then in the future. None of this stuff is impending, so announcing it in a year or two gives you another media bump as opposed to having it buried in the Star Wars news.

They didn't announce any Marvel stuff to DCA, but that's coming too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom