Speculation on the SOA and LMA piece of land at Hollywood Studios

rioriz

If they did go with GotG I think it could be a great transition from Star Wars to Xandar
Tomorrowland-Concept-Art-1.jpg

I believe then we would lose Muppets...now transitioning from Xandar to Radiator Springs will be interesting

ChrisFL

Premium Member
I'm guessing we'll see a nighttime scene INDOOR Cars attraction, so it won't be prone to weather issues...which also goes back to the issue with water rides in Florida....Summer weather causes havoc with operation of those attractions.

HauntedMansionFLA

Frozen has a ride coming and the sing alone and M&Gs already. I don't think there is a need for more Frozen stuff (I'm not a making fun of all the Frozen person, but that's a reasonable amount even given the popularity of the franchise).

I'd love to see some Disney Animation properties be at DHS. I kinda was fond of the idea of a Toontown variation where it is where the characters "work" as opposed to "live".

That makes sense. Hopefully Indiana Jones will be in one of the parks also.

Rutt

I personally guess it would be either GotG, or something 'Disney'. You have LucasFilms (SWL) and Pixar (TSL), so this would give you Marvel or Disney section. I guess BH6 might work too.

Personally, I would love to see some sort of Villains land thrown in there. MK is the magic, DHS is the evil.

robonakabob

I'm willing to bet I'm the only person in these forums that dislikes the Cars films. I have absolutely no interest in Cars land. I saw the version at DCA for the first time this summer. It was really well done, but eh, I'll pass on it coming to Florida. I hope the space is used for Indiana Jones or Muppets or really anything else that isn't Cars. I hope its a non-animated franchise.

rioriz

I'm willing to bet I'm the only person in these forums that dislikes the Cars films. I have absolutely no interest in Cars land. I saw the version at DCA for the first time this summer. It was really well done, but eh, I'll pass on it coming to Florida. I hope the space is used for Indiana Jones or Muppets or really anything else that isn't Cars. I hope its a non-animated franchise.

You are not....I own all Pixar films except Cars related...I would be behind a land due to the product we see in DCA.

Fox&Hound

Hands down: cars dark ride like someone else said that is fully enclosed with the same AA's as Cali. Then they will give us Flos as one more dining location. If space allows, a small car ride for really little ones. Cozy come eating? Also they will keep muppets in tact. I think the b&b show will become tangled or frozen themes to appeal to girls.

I would bet money on this happening! Then when you add up Star Wars, toy story, cars, new daytime show at fantastic location or parade, new show for b&b your half day park just became a two day park. With this MK, DHS, and avatar infused Ak will be all set- not to mention frozen and new Soarin in Epcot and new Disney springs!!!! So exciting!!!

CJR

Just my thoughts but Disney management's real interest in Carsland at DHS would have less to do with rides and more as a reason to have Flo's in the park. Anything else is just a bonus. To be honest, with SWL being as big as it is, I don't mind if the rides aren't E-Tickets, personally. The park is fine with E's, especially with one or two more coming.

Last edited:

peter11435

Ok, I won't. I'll let Amusement Today's Golden Ticket Awards speak for the industry.
image.jpg
Haha.. Great. I don't see how you think one organization speaks for an entire industry but whatever. It really doesn't matter. You have your opinion and I have mine. I happen to love Spiderman and ride it every chance I get. My personal opinion however is that it comes in a close second to IJA.
I never said that everyone thinks IJA is better just that you shouldn't speak for the entire industry because when you do you're wrong because there are many voices and opinions in this industry. Not all think alike.

SpaceMountain77

Above all else, I always advocate for cohesive storytelling and theming. If the recently posted map is accurate, we will have Toy Story, not a diverse Pixar representation, Star Wars and the remnants of the Hollywood that never was, but always will be.

Right now, to me, Hollywood & Sunset Boulevards will make no sense if additional film studios (e.g., the Muppets, Marvel) are not added. If the park will be Star Wars-Pixar Place Kingdom, then the GMR and Hollywood & Sunset should be rethemed.

Last edited:

Fox&Hound

Already strong rumors Pizza Planet well be themed to Muppets. Throw in a new 4d show and you have your Muppet Studios
Yes please!!!! All you need is an amazing food item here that you can't find anywhere else on property, some signature item, and the place will be a hit. Theme it to Swedish chef and you are good to go. It's such a small footprint I really don't see them getting rid of muppets. Side note- I think it would be cool if they had statues of the different directors throughout the park in their lands: Jim Henson, George Lucas, and John Lasseter (in his Hawaiian shirt of course). Great way to honor them and their work.

HmagicN

To add on to this, I like the idea that the Great Movie ride is in the middle of this and everything spirals out from it but I think the lands should be more genre or studio based and less themed to a specific movie. As much as I would like to see a Monster Inc land or a Cars land I'm starting to think, it just won't work, it doesn't leave room for all the other great movies.

I agree with you. I do feel that some films need direct representation in the park: Star Wars. But without any grouping or overall themes of movies, it seems to be wrong to just include for example: a Toy Story Land by itself. If there is no other Pixar presence, one can only ask why Toy Story? How is this an example of the magic of the movies and why this above something else. Actually, I may not be in love with the lAnd but do appreciate Toy Story and what it did for the animated film industry as well as spurt a new type of animated film.

doctornick

I would be very surprised if there is not some additional Pixar related to other properties built at DHS in the near future. Best best would be Cars, but Monsters Inc and The Incredibles also seem plausible options. I fully expect the Catastrophe Canyon/LMA area to be more Pixar (especially with the path going that direction from Toy Story Land in the concept art).

Also, what is going to go on with the HISTK area? It's perfectly functional. You could re-theme it to Bug's Life (maybe even put in one of the flat rides form DCA into the area for more ride capacity) but it's big enough to fit a FL-style dark ride.

If something "else" is coming to DHS like GotG or Indiana Jones or Disney Animation IP, I kinda expect it to go elsewhere in the park, like near RNR/replacing the Animation Building (eventually).

Disneyhead'71

Haha.. Great. I don't see how you think one organization speaks for an entire industry but whatever. It really doesn't matter. You have your opinion and I have mine. I happen to love Spiderman and ride it every chance I get. My personal opinion however is that it comes in a close second to IJA.
I never said that everyone thinks IJA is better just that you shouldn't speak for the entire industry because when you do you're wrong because there are many voices and opinions in this industry. Not all think alike.
The Golden Ticket Awards are voted on by thousands of people around the world, many of which are industry professionals. It is the respected industry measure. And cited here on this site numerous times.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom