Speculation on the SOA and LMA piece of land at Hollywood Studios

djkidkaz

Original Poster
So I think everyone would agree that there is still a plot of land where we all thought Carsland was gonna go. Steve mentioned that the plans were changed and there was still stuff unannounced. So if it's not Carsland, what would they have changed it to? Some form of Marvel? There was talk recently that Uni and Disney were trying to work out a deal. Maybe Indiana Jones? There was speculation about the ride finally come over and the new restaurant concept at DTD had been received well. Possibly a different Pixar franchise? But then why not just make it Pixar Land and include many different franchises? Or could it be something more girl oriented? The park is now leaning very boy heavy, which was the opposite complaint when they announced New Famtasyland.

What are your thought or predictions?

orlando678-

I hope they keep a Muppet themed area and probably add two more Pixar lands. Something Marvel would be great too though, but seems too complicated with Universal. Also Indy would be awesome, but they should keep it near the stunt show. I know this might be weird with the ride at MK, but what about a Pirates of the Caribbean land? Oh and Burton would be great too!

ToTBellHop

Definitely not Marvel. My money is on more Pixar. There are Cars and Monsters Inc themed environments at other parks that aren't really represented in FL yet, so either would be contenders. Also, the Incredibles is now being reinvigorated as a franchise and has a concept that has been at least partially fleshed out.

GhostHost1000

Premium Member
it's not Marvel

could be more Pixar "stuff" if I had to guess - it does seem DL and WDW are beginning to see mirror'ed attractions/lands so who knows... maybe something cars related but I wouldn't be surprised if it's Monsters.

It would have made A LOT more sense to create a Frozenland at DHS (in addition to what they have announced) and leave the Maelstrom....

Whatever it is, they need to keep a Muppets presence somewhere, somehow

my guess is they need to leave LMA running until other things open whether they want to or not

SirLink

So I think everyone would agree that there is still a plot of land where we all thought Carsland was gonna go. Steve mentioned that the plans were changed and there was still stuff unannounced. So if it's not Carsland, what would they have changed it to? Some form of Marvel? There was talk recently that Uni and Disney were trying to work out a deal. Maybe Indiana Jones? There was speculation about the ride finally come over and the new restaurant concept at DTD had been received well. Possibly a different Pixar franchise? But then why not just make it Pixar Land and include many different franchises? Or could it be something more girl oriented? The park is now leaning very boy heavy, which was the opposite complaint when they announced New Famtasyland.

What are your thought or predictions?

Its simpler to list what it might be expansion of Muppets or new Pixar franchise land. They are making it more boy focused on purpose, and it leads directly from merch sales of parents from boys spending less than parents with girls.

Sportsphan95

I do not think a Muppet Land is feasible. The Muppets do not have any staple locations associated with them, other than the Muppet Theater, as every movie has a different setting. I think this area could be better utilized by other means, such as putting in an Indiana Jones attraction similar to the one seen in Disney Land. This could offset losing the live show to Star Wars Land.

Here's a thought. Give us a live-action Muppets show. Perhaps put it where Beauty and the Beast currently is, or the Little Mermaid. Seeing the puppets in person, rather than on screen, would be an incredible experience. Just record the audio of the show, and have the Henson puppeteers act it out.

Where the Streets of America & LMA stunt show is, perhaps fill it with other Pixar properties:
  • An Incredibles stunt show would be pretty awesome. Or, since Cars Land likely is never going to come to Florida, how about keep the car theme and utilize the Cars franchise?
  • Change the Honey I Shrunk the Kids play area over to Bugs Life.
  • Replace Streets of America with Monstropolis.
  • How about an area where we can visit the Up house with a character M&G, similar to the old Magic Kingdom Toontown?

Sportsphan95

You know what would be pretty awesome? As I said above, change the Streets of America into Monstropolis, but at the end of the street, near the loop of the old Backlot Tour and extending back to LMA.... build the factory.

This could house a restaurant, door coaster, meet & greets... They can implement the scare/laugh floor in there, put an AA Roz in the office
possibilities are endless.

TheScreed

Definitely not Marvel.

it's not Marvel

But what if it is Marvel? We keep hearing rumors that Universal is in talks to give it to Disney so Disney can really cut into Uni's business. Those rumors make perfect sense and are extremely well-sourced.

Say Marvel is impossible all you want, I guarantee lots of us will still be here saying, "Maybe they're planning something with Marvel."

RMichael21

Here's my ideal setup, but I doubt that this would happen.

Muppets around Muppet Vision 3D, with a new dark ride (D-Ticket) and restaurant. Pizza Planet and Mama Melrose re-themed.

Monstropolis on SOA/HISTK with the door coaster (E-Ticket), relocated laugh floor (C-Ticket) and restaurant. A dark ride would be nice as well, but I doubt it.

Incredibles area on LMA/part of the backlot with an E-Ticket dark ride.

With the rest of the land being devoted to Cars or another Pixar franchise.

SirLink

But what if it is Marvel? We keep hearing rumors that Universal is in talks to give it to Disney so Disney can really cut into Uni's business. Those rumors make perfect sense and are extremely well-sourced.

Say Marvel is impossible all you want, I guarantee lots of us will still be here saying, "Maybe they're planning something with Marvel."

There is no talks ... I'm sure a) Disney would like them back b) Universal has plans in place if they ever needed Marvel space @ IOA.

It ain't happening plus the rumors make no sense why would a company with a contract that can never expire want to give up one of the most popular IPs back to its competitor?

orlando678-

Maybe Marvel Superhero Island is becoming the new Nintendo land?

Sportsphan95

I think if Marvel were ever to be allowed in Walt Disney World, that has the potential to be a fifth gate in it of itself.
Hollywood Adventure could showcase their Star Wars, Pixar and Indiana Jones IPs.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom