Space Mountain Refurbishment Info

goodtimes5286

Thanks and I was just playing about the drinking.This is how I act when Im reeeeeeaaaaally tired:ROFLOL::p:snore:

lol i kno, dont worry im not one of those uptight im better then you richous not drinking kind of people, its just not for me so im not going to let people pressure me into it thats all

umm yeah i act pretty flippy when im tired, but i think im more bored combined with in a laughy mood

but really, imagen if if they MADE you put on a mask and inhail CO2 until you got high and then you rode space mountain. atleast then you wouldnt have anyone complaining about the referbs, disneys ultimate plan :drevil:

TP2000

No new track supports = no new cars = no new onboard audio.

Ah, got it. Thank you. A shame though. If Anaheim can support two major coasters with onboard audio (California Screamin' and Space Mountain), then WDW could have certainly supported two coasters with onboard audio.

An opportunity missed it would seem.

drmj1228

So question...did anybody at all read what i wrote...right now all that is confirmed as I work in the Mountain itself is new queue configuration, new seats, new track but same layout just getting the bumps out, new consoles, air gates, new seats and an anti-cascading mechanism

agent86

I went to disneyland 2 weeks after SM closed for refurb.I did not know that it was in refurb and that's the only reason why I went to disneyland since I was in LA for a wedding and I'v never ridden space mountain.So I went to disneyland and they had a paper sign just made from microsoft word and said,"Sorry Space Mountain is Closed for Refurb.Come Back REAL Soon!" I was so mad and my heart was broken and I actually started crying.So we headed over to indiana jones and it was Closed too.And I was so mad I said,"Let's just leave NOW!''

Yeah that would have made me mad too. That's kind of like how for me, ToT is the only reason to bother making a trip to DHS. Granted, I'll see and do other attractions while I'm there, but I would never knowingly make a visit to DHS if I knew ToT was down.

Getting back to your point though, I'm sure someone else has probably mentioned this already (I haven't read through this whole thread), but when they shut DL's SM down for refurb, they did it kind of abruptly because they discovered the track was in much worse shape than they'd realized. Evidentally, it was pretty much about to fall apart. Hence the "home made" sign.

goodtimes5286

So question...did anybody at all read what i wrote...right now all that is confirmed as I work in the Mountain itself is new queue configuration, new seats, new track but same layout just getting the bumps out, new consoles, air gates, new seats and an anti-cascading mechanism

ok I dont know what an anti-cascading mechanism is. Does it stop you from falling down the lift hill like jack and jill?

but seriously seriously seriously, you work in the mountain right? you need to convinced them, to scratch and reinstall the lift hill, tell them to take a look at DLP SM and the hulk. except cross it with the superman in six flags cali, and make it go 150 miles per hour on lift off. If you do that you are then gods hero.

Ready....GO!

Jasonflz

In response to earlier postings, I completely agree with X-S Tech returning to Tomorrowland,(hopefully with AE). There was always something eerily unsettling about the whole idea. I would also REALLY love for TK to return but we all know that ain't happening.

Also, for the idea of the CO2 effect possibly being at the top of the lift hill, that would be amazing.

muteki

If the CO2 is intended as an atmospheric or blast off effect, would it not be better suited to the beginning or ending of the ride?

TP2000

You forgot about the new carpet at unload. :lol:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
So question...did anybody at all read what i wrote
Yep. It`s been discussed to various degrees over the past months. You`ll get used to the way topics drift.
ok I dont know what an anti-cascading mechanism is
Cascading is what SM is good at. One car stops for various reasons, the one behind stops for a fraction longer, and so on back down the track until the whole ride calls it quits. Almost as painful as UoE to reset from a 101.
Seriously,what is a CO2 effect?
Laymans term - smoke. SMM2 uses it well just before the neon tunnel - a ring of CO2 jets, illuminated by strobes, surrounds the track, and the ride car goes through the middle of it.

Skyway

I'm confused.

It sounds like many of you are confirming "no on-board audio".

And yet the OP (whom I have a healthy dose of skeptism for due to minimal prior posts) says that "audio track being added to ride experience".

Does this mean they will be blasting OFF-board audio in the dome???? And will it be a music "soundtrack" or just atmosphere sound effects?

We all discussed the concept of off-board audio in a previous thread. If done right (and that's a big "if") I would welcome it over car-mounted speakers.

SM is the only "clone" that is an entirely different experience in every Disney park. Having a unique audio system would continue to keep WDW's ride night-and-day different from DL and other versions. (it would also prevent SM from taking a step closer to resembling RnRC. ). I love that WDW SM has one-of-a-kind features like inline seating, dual tracks, and the beloved "star tunnel" music (in fact, I'm disappointed DL recently "stole" WDWs blue light strobe tunnel with the "whoop-whoop" music. They couldn't come up with something original?)

Anyways, will the audio be pumped in the dome? Or is that rumor dead, too?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
It`s looking like the 1975 audio system in the blue streak tunnel and the lift hill area (yes, there is one!) is being overhauled to provide audio off car, with spot fx speakers around the track, close to the ride cars as they pass. This sadly suggests no music. Audio will not be pumped into the dome; it was tried before with predictably awful results.

bugsbunny

Here's food for thought...

If Jim Hill wrote an article listing the changes for SM, you'd all be rolling your eyes and spouting off about "There he goes again!" or something sarcasticly similar.

Yet a guy with 20+ posts states he's an insider and has something on his desk stating all of this as fact, everybody just accepts it. :shrug:

I think this shows you that there are double standards here and no real validation of anything here other than the court of preconceived public opinion ;)

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No

If Jim Hill wrote an article listing the changes for SM, you'd all be rolling your eyes and spouting off about "There he goes again!" or something sarcasticly similar.

Yet a guy with 20+ posts states he's an insider and has something on his desk stating all of this as fact, everybody just accepts it. :shrug:

I think this shows you that there are double standards here and no real validation of anything here other than the court of preconceived public opinion ;)
JH tends to include a lot of guesswork and conjecture in his articles, as a result much of what he writes ends up having less credibility. The OP has not posted here much, but what he has posted tends to "ring true" and has for the most part matched up with what some of the long-time "connected" posters have heard from their sources.

Jim has had his occasional scoops, but the number of misses and the fact that his writing style gives journalistic writers the willies detract from his credibility.

CaptainMichael

He actually reminds me of redisneydew...just trolling forums collecting facts/rumors from real insiders and posting them as his own contribution.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom