Space Mountain Refurbishment Info

WDW1974

The bottom line on Space Mountain's rehab is pretty much what has been known for a long time.

It will be half-a$$ed.

Just not as half-a$$ed as it could have been.

But it also won't be nearly as impressive, either. ... And that's discounting a total reconceptualizing of the attraction, which was also a possibility way back when.

~Fanbois love plush!~

marsrunner

The two seaters are much better because my 5-year old daughter can sit next to me or my wife where I feel more comfortable with her being. I just don't like the single seaters, never did. Could be because both of the single seaters I've ridden (SM in FL and Matterhorn) feel like I'm sitting in a little kids seat. I'm only 6' 200 lbs., so I'm not giant or anything, but I always feel like I'm sitting on a Big Wheel. I know they could make single seaters bigger, but I don't think they will.

magicmaya

The two seaters are much better because my 5-year old daughter can sit next to me or my wife where I feel more comfortable with her being. I just don't like the single seaters, never did. Could be because both of the single seaters I've ridden (SM in FL and Matterhorn) feel like I'm sitting in a little kids seat. I'm only 6' 200 lbs., so I'm not giant or anything, but I always feel like I'm sitting on a Big Wheel. I know they could make single seaters bigger, but I don't think they will.

It's supposed to be a family ride but if you are sitting alone why is it a family ride. Iv never liked single sitting.no room,you feel lonely,and i hate sitting low like that but I hope they remove all of the extra supports for the coaster and get new supports so your head wont get chopped off. What im saying is it needs side by side seating so it would be a better experience fo people and their family. Im sure adults with no children like riding single seating.(im to young to have children but i experienced being lonely when I was 5) it dosent feel like a rocket if you are sitting alone.astronauts usually sit next to eachother.

magicmaya

Side by side seating isn`t going to happen. Imagine you`re Alan Shepard.

its possable. Im trying to be positave with this. maybe it might happen.Disney could do anything.:sohappy: Whenever i think like this it happens like the space mountain refurb. whenever I say something it could work.

hack2112

It works perfect for RnRC but I think you will find the SM spot audio effective as it fits the theme better IMO. I am just glad to 'hear' :lol: they are going this route.
Having ridden it in DL with the new audio, I would disagree. Plus, they can make sounds seem farther away and what-not if they wanted to as well.

Example: AE, SGE, Sounds Dangerous, etc.

magicmaya

Side by side seating isn`t going to happen. Imagine you`re Alan Shepard.

it would be better looking than this

:hurl: yuck!
look at the boy sitting alone

This would be a much better move:

mousesurplus_rockets.jpg

compare!

ignore the stuff in the side by side seating

would you like the line to move faster or not?

and heavier trains could make it go faster!

goodtimes5286

The onboard audio on SM in DL is fantastic. The onboard audio on California Screamin' is just okay. I'd rather they didn't play music and just had the countdown before the launch from speakers around the car. I'm not sure, but I think its because California Screamin' is just a ride; there's not really a story or experience other than you are on a really good rollercoaster. Or it could just be that the music sucks. The music on SM is very exciting and is timed to the ride very well. Something like that for FL (though not the exact same track of course) would be most welcome.

CS had AMAZING music with red hot chilli peppers, but again both DL SM and CS have the stupidest loopiest music, if they add some legit stuff then I would be fine with onboard, but if they;re gonna add that crap forget it. i hate aerosmith and it is STILL 100x better then that disney onboard stuff. it something to listen to off the ride, not during, it sounds like a damn carnival

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
its possable. Im trying to be positave with this. maybe it might happen.
would you like the line to move faster or not?
and heavier trains could make it go faster!
You`re serious, arn`t you? It isn`t happening. The current fleet is being refurbished, having silent rollback bars added and new seating. The line dosn`t bother me. Heavier trains will threaten the structural integrity of the whole frame since it isn`t being replaced. See DLC 2003.

WDW1974

CS had AMAZING music with red hot chilli peppers, but again both DL SM and CS have the stupidest loopiest music, if they add some legit stuff then I would be fine with onboard, but if they;re gonna add that crap forget it. i hate aerosmith and it is STILL 100x better then that disney onboard stuff. it something to listen to off the ride, not during, it sounds like a damn carnival

Screamin has GREAT music that fits the theme of the area perfectly ... while I thought the RHCP overlays were OK (more the Space version actually) for a brief period, the music on Screamin fits PP to a tee and is synchronized with the actual movement. It should sound like a 'carnival' and not a rock concert.

The lawyers screwed with it a bit when they made ops add the countdown before you get launched across Paradise Bay and up because they are trying to idiot proof the parks, something impossible.

~What's 100,000 lawyers at the botton of the ocean? Not nearly enough~

the-reason14

It works perfect for RnRC but I think you will find the SM spot audio effective as it fits the theme better IMO. I am just glad to 'hear' :lol: they are going this route.

I really hope they dont do onboard audio. Whenever I think of that option for space mt. I think of how its implemented on RnRc. And I hate all the noise blarring in my ear, and I hope they dont do that for Space.

Captain Chaos

You`re serious, arn`t you? It isn`t happening. The current fleet is being refurbished, having silent rollback bars added and new seating. The line dosn`t bother me. Heavier trains will threaten the structural integrity of the whole frame since it isn`t being replaced. See DLC 2003.

So they aren't taking down the structure and putting in new, stronger structure.. so, we can assume one day that the old beams will give way and we'll have a major catastrophe on our hands??

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
So they aren't taking down the structure and putting in new, stronger structure.. so, we can assume one day that the old beams will give way and we'll have a major catastrophe on our hands??
Oooohh! That`d never happen in a Disney park....

:lookaroun

magicmaya

yea im serious. since they are replacing the track and better effects thats something they could to during the refurb.If they do get them you could sit by yourself and put your bag in the other seat to seem like you are sitting by yourself. I totally dig side by side seating and love having a conversation while riding and dont get me started on how much room disney world's has.the space is no small i wanna :hurl:.All they would have to do is make the tunnels bigger get rid of the cheesy red tunnel at the end.Now thats what you call Space mountain.You dont see astronauts sitting by themselvs.

look how much room that thing has.Fat people and tall people cant even enjoy it.Not that I am. But disney is supposed to be made for people all shapes and sizes.

I could see the seats to the theme of the matterhorn but riding through space on a bobsled is reeeaaallllyy weird:lookaroun. Do you know what happens to a space mountain rocket after it is removed? It gets shipped to the matterhorn to be used as a bobsled.

the-reason14

Wow, judging from that video DL's Space looks pretty boring. It looks smoother and definately looks like it has better effects, but the coaster part looks horrible. Just a big helix, what the heck.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom