Space Mountain Heading to the Scrap Heap :)

magicmaya

One pet peeve of mine about Space Mountain that I know they won't fix is the fact that they never make it clear in the qeue if you're on a space station in space or if you in a space port on earth and you're blasting off into space. :shrug: I prefer the latter because it doesn't make sense that one moment you're walking around on earth and boom you suddenly walk onto a space station in space.

That's what I always wondered.And they really need to do something to that lift hill.The revolving tunnel effect is welcome, but there is an 80% chance were not getting it!:(

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
I second that.There is nothing special about the new rides!:mad:
Don't be so quick to jump on the hater bandwagon. :wave:
That's what I always wondered.And they really need to do something to that lift hill.The revolving tunnel effect is welcome, but there is an 80% chance were not getting it!:(
to quote someone else (from a completely different thread)
97% of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Believe me, I want it to be true, but it's not gonna happen.

As for the prefab sections...you can't bring big pieces into an indoor building. There's really not a big opening for them to bring it in.

And the work done at DL, different buildings, different coasters.

DL took 2 whole years to complete, even if they took the lessons learned, I don't see how you could cram 2 years of work into 8 months.

Well I was under the impression that the DL refrub took so long because it went down due to something serious that would not be safe. So basically they were not planning on it.

Hopefully they did alot of work before WDW SM closed. Thats what Im hoping anyways.

Lee

Adventurer
Well I was under the impression that the DL refrub took so long because it went down due to something serious that would not be safe. So basically they were not planning on it.

Not exactly.
Disneyland's gut-and-rebuild was completely planned. However, due to...umm...unforseen issues, the ride closed unexpectedly about 4-5 months before they had planned to close it. They had hoped to have it open for that summer, but instad had to close in April of that year. It pretty much sat there until time for the scheduled refurb to begin.
The actual refurb took so long, because it just takes a while to tear down a huge jigsaw puzzle of track, supports, ride system and show elements, then rebuild it from scratch. All of this done by moving it in through a large hole in the side of the building. (See photo.)

Attachments

• smhole2.JPG
    smhole2.JPG
    40.3 KB · Views: 192
  • smhole1.JPG
    smhole1.JPG
    23 KB · Views: 173

Slipknot

Nothing to report on the back side of Space except a temporary security gate that does not look occupied and a security SUV that drives by what seems like every 5 minutes. I saw dumpsters, but if anything was in them, there is not much of it. Anything else to be seen is behind the trees out of view... unless someone has the ____ to walk up to the gate and see if there is something worth the look. :lookaroun

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Hopefully they did alot of work before WDW SM closed. Thats what Im hoping anyways.
They did; they tested onboard audio with DLs Giocchinos score and spray painted all the support structure for the order it was to be cut through.

Shame it`s all wasted.

Tubes

...Whoa, whoa, whoa. Michael Giacchino did the score to DL's Space Mountain?

Dammit, WDC, I want this in the Florida version PRONTO! :sohappy:

Giacchino also did the score to Misson 2 in Paris.

Next time I ride the Orlando SM, I'm bringing my iPod onboard and ride the ride with either SM's or M2's music blasting in my ears.

360rico1

I sure hope your right. But I'll believe it when I see it. They haven't impressed me with anything they've done since M:S. I'm ready and waiting to be pleasantly surprised.
he is right, you would be amazed the amount of steel theat you can fit through those doors. One of the things I know that they are doing is the removal of the asbestos ceiling panels, that would come first before any track replacement, over the years the panels have started cracking and have become a safty issue.

jt04

Apparently it will now be a joke with an updated queue, post-show, and star effects. Don't know 'bout the smell though.

That's for sure.

If you have some new information I am sure many of us would love to hear it. From what I can tell nobody here has a definite idea of what they are actually going to change.

Jasonflz

If you have some new information I am sure many of us would love to hear it. From what I can tell nobody here has a definite idea of what they are actually going to change.

I wish. Sadly, it really seems like the CO2 effect isn't happening.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom