Space Mountain Heading to the Scrap Heap :)

jt04

There is absolutely no way they would be able to rebuild the entire thing with supports in the time frame they've set up. I wish you were right though.

I hear what you are saying and with a normal modern steel coaster I would agree. But SM is in many ways a glorified mouse coaster and much easier to costruct. So we will see.

Well, so far, they are correct. The other theme park operators took a much worse beating in the most recent quarter than TWDC did.

WDW is much much better at creating captive audiences than the others. Not that that's how I'd prefer they'd do it, but there you go.

Well I have escaped :lol: and my passes have expired :lookaroun. They will have to earn my business back as they have before. I am impressed by a lot of what they are doing with the infrastructure at WDW but it's all about the attractions and the aesthetics of the parks that impresses me. I'm certain I'm not alone in this outlook.

EPCOT Explorer

Not lift, load.

Maybe instead of a 3rd load area, that just means an ADA loading station, like Disneyland's...
And, that's bad, why....?

Both. After the complete gutting was dropped I was told partial, with mainly smoothing off of the original track. Then I was told virtually total track replacement.

I see Lee heard the same too.

One thing we were both told was all 4 chain lifts are being swapped for `silent` types like Everest. Dosn`t matter how light the refurbed cars are (not light enough for SoundTracker evidently) it`s being done for show.
Why can't they use the system DLP's SM uses for Lift?

puntagordabob

I would think waiting to see the result at the end is a better plan than prejudging the refurb before it is even 1/5th of the way done....otherwise many of you will walk into the newly reopened SM with a mental hook "expecting" to dislike it.

As for the previous poster saying how DL is different with the "quality"...I can say from seeing the video of Remember Dreams Come True (DL's Wishes basicly) that it is incredible when compared to Wishes here at WDW. They ride a line between the Nostalgic and the shiny-new very well out in Disneyland... always bugs me with all the room we have at WDW that we should be a little more like Disneyland's philosophy...

And if someone says the People at DL are different than the people at WDW, well frankly I think thats a problem. I believe there is a fair share of people who go to WDW that love he DL style (but live close to WDW like I do) and go to WDW..the problem is you have A LOT more people per day entering WDW so those who favor the DL style are dilluted by the number of visitors. If the manegement injected the quality and love that makes DL so beloved to WDW at everything they did both nostalgic and the new&shiny stuff, then Universal would never get close to WDW ever.... many people in this very thread seem to convey this line of thought when discussing the DL SM refurb....

goodtimes5286

You know, this honestly could shift a lot of guests to Universal.

A possible lackluster redo of an iconic ride, coupled with the debut of a groundbreaking Uni attraction could spell very bad things for Disney.

Eh, who am I kidding, people are gonna go to Disney no matter what.:brick:
idk you might be onto something. I've never read any of the HP books, or saw any of the movies, BUT if SM doesnt come out aweing me, I'll have NO problem switching my vacation desitination of uni and seeing what they've got

Right now disney's got the BEST pricing around. I tried to go park at hard rock and it was $20!!!! :eek: And all we wanted to do was go in and grab a bite and maybe run over to city walk and buy some stuff. If DTD charged for parking, or the hotels to go GIVE them business, they WOULD fail like uni is failing.
Are the 4 Disney parks of higher quality than Universal? Probably, but the gap has been closing. Not because of Universal getting better, but Disney getting worse. Lackluster additions, slipping maintenance, and poor management decisions have seriously been hurting the World.

They think no one can touch them. So they just do the same old, same old. They can get away with doing a half-arsed refurb for Space, unlike Disneyland who has a dedicated local fanbase who would seriously cry foul if they screwed up. WDW doesn't have that. So they get the mentality, "The guests will like it no matter what. They don't know any better." Which by the way is a direct quote from one of our favorite people.

Personally, I find this way of thinkin insulting as a guest, and a cast member.
2x

Hopefully they've realized that people want quality and no more fluff, but we'll see if all of the green lighting is true or not

yeah i cant stand it either, but until i get into the system theres nothing i can do about it anyways. if only my masters would get here a lil quicker....
The thing is I've rarely seen them use the second load platform, I don't really know why they need a third.:shrug:
agreed, 3rd load areas are always under utilized. How about bring back the tv's instead?

magicmaya

You know, this honestly could shift a lot of guests to Universal.

A possible lackluster redo of an iconic ride, coupled with the debut of a groundbreaking Uni attraction could spell very bad things for Disney.

Eh, who am I kidding, people are gonna go to Disney no matter what.:brick:

If I were in Orlando right now I would be at either epcot or universal:lookaroun

hpyhnt 1000

I hear what you are saying and with a normal modern steel coaster I would agree. But SM is in many ways a glorified mouse coaster and much easier to costruct. So we will see.

Hm. That is true actually; I never really thought about it that way. So, assuming all parts are on schedule and ready to be assembled, they could do quite a bit in 7 months. If they can build three mouse coasters at the fair every year in a week, it can't be that hard to do some extensive work in SM, even if it is indoors. :shrug:

Wait and see people, wait and see. Still a bit early to call this a failure yet.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom