Sisterly Shenanigans: One Lil Spark and Big Al's Gal attack WDW!

Welcome, welcome, WELCOME!

This is a very picture heavy trip report documenting our first ever 'Sister's Only' trip to WDW. Hopefully you will enjoy reading this as much as we enjoyed bringing it to you. Please note that this will probably take a day or two to finish and will come in many installations. At any point, you can check out my photo album on my profile page as well!

Now, on to the good stuff...

Featured Players:

Jennifer (One Lil Spark)
3326002196_693a037e71_m.jpg

Celebrated birthday with trip to WDW.
Enjoys anything EPCOT Center and Carousel of Progress.
Known to randomly burst into song, usually something from EPCOT Center.

Elise (Big Al's Gal)
3326093334_f445e4720d_m.jpg

Younger of the two sisters.
Lover of all things Ariel and Big Al.
Life's goal is to star in the Voyage of the Little Mermaid at DHS.

Our story begins in the mountains of western North Carolina. I woke up bright and early to drive to Dayton, Tn where Elise goes to Bryan College. Once I picked her up, we were off to catch our flight! When we arrived at Chattanooga Metropolitan Airport, I somehow scored THE front row parking spot. Even though we were incredibly excited to be heading to WDW, I had a hard time leaving my car (which I've affectionately named Molly Weasley).

3325295545_76c0bef8d3.jpg

Drama oozed out of our flight in Chatty to Atlanta, but I won't get into that. (Grrr...) Finally holding our boarding pass made it feel all the more official! Elise's green eyes really burst with excitement, don't they?
3326002204_1771c8831e.jpg

After figuring out that Delta pretty much hates me, we were off! The view of the ocean of clouds helped calm me down on the cramped, small plane. All together now, Oooo... Ahhh...​
3326002212_1966bd691d.jpg

3326002218_ee4bce0af2.jpg

We arrived in Atlanta for our larger, much more comfy flight to Orlando. During the lay over, we decided to play in the concourse. You'll soon see that we don't like to take serious pictures...​

picture.php

picture.php

Once we were finally in the air for the final leg of our trip down, I decided to treat myself to a much deserved $7 Bloody Mary.​

picture.php

FINALLY, we landed, grabbed our luggage and met up with a friend who drove us home... Home on this trip was the All Star Sports!​

More to come... Stay tuned, folks! :wave:​

scorp111

Love the report Jenn!

I can only hope to have this much fun in 58 days :)

And FTW! Gran Marnier Orange Slush!!:sohappy:

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Original Poster
Love the report Jenn!

I can only hope to have this much fun in 58 days :)

And FTW! Gran Marnier Orange Slush!!:sohappy:
Thanks Steve! You can have this much fun if you bring me with you... ;)
Wonderful TR so far, Jenn. :) What an unbelievable weekend. I was so honored to be a part. :eek:
Thank you for surprising me. It was insane how wonderful it was. Also, thanks for taking great pictures and letting me post them in this report. I only took 5 pictures that day because I was too excited. :kiss:

mcjaco

picture.php

This picture is simply awesome. And that's amongst the hundreds of other awesome photos you have thus far.

So far, this looks like one heck of a trip. Glad you had fun! Of course, how could you not? It's WDW! :D

DDuckFan130

Wow. :eek:

What a great TR so far. And so not fair that you got more freebies for your birthday :cry: :lookaroun

I'm happy for you and your experience with Dreamfinder. Very cool :)

maggiegrace1

YAY!..LOVE THIS AND YOU SO MUCH!

I am so mad at Drews work..:( I will have to bring you and Elise with us in December okay?..:)

Thanks for the texts and calls while you were there..made me feel a part of it all..and just hearing your voice and the excitement made it all better..:)

AMAZING!..and you deserved it all...:)

LOVE YOU!

yankspy

Great report. I am glad that you had such a good time. It's great that you got to meet dreamfinder. I wish I could have been there.

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
This trip report is just oozing with greatness and all that is awesome in the world. :sohappy: I have deep deep regrets that I was not able to experience it first hand. :eek:

diddy_mouse

Just plain wow...

What an amazing experience for you! I must say that this has to be the best birthday report I've ever read, hands down. You have such fantastic friends and it must have been a real treat to have your sister with you too. :)

P.S. I *so* want your EPCOT shirts!!

Thank you for the fun trip report. You reminded me of several trips I made with my sister (probably before you were born--Epcot was brand new!)and what fun we had. You will always treasure the memories you made!

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Original Poster
picture.php

This picture is simply awesome. And that's amongst the hundreds of other awesome photos you have thus far.

So far, this looks like one heck of a trip. Glad you had fun! Of course, how could you not? It's WDW!
It was such an incredible experience. WDW is killer as it is, much less when you have amazing people in your life that see to it you have the best time imaginable!
Seriously! Dreamfinder! Pocky! Idol! Big Al! Birthday!

Plus you won that award.

FOR BEST TRIP REPORT EVER.
Thank you, Travis! You set the bar pretty high with your updates too!
Wow.

What a great TR so far. And so not fair that you got more freebies for your birthday

I'm happy for you and your experience with Dreamfinder. Very cool
Thanks Regina! Loved your birthday Trip Report. Just like Travis, you set the bar pretty high. :D
YAY!..LOVE THIS AND YOU SO MUCH!

I am so mad at Drews work.. I will have to bring you and Elise with us in December okay?..

Thanks for the texts and calls while you were there..made me feel a part of it all..and just hearing your voice and the excitement made it all better..

AMAZING!..and you deserved it all...

LOVE YOU!
Please, oh please take us with you in December. We'll babysit! Love you so so so so much...
Great report. I am glad that you had such a good time. It's great that you got to meet dreamfinder. I wish I could have been there.
Just think of all the fun times you'll have with your new baby!
This trip report is just oozing with greatness and all that is awesome in the world. :sohappy: I have deep deep regrets that I was not able to experience it first hand. :eek:
Just wait til it's finished! Wish you could have been there too, V. :kiss:
Just plain wow...

What an amazing experience for you! I must say that this has to be the best birthday report I've ever read, hands down. You have such fantastic friends and it must have been a real treat to have your sister with you too. :)

P.S. I *so* want your EPCOT shirts!!
I am truly, deeply blessed. Thanks for taking the time to read it, and don't forget to stop by for the conclusion at MK! If you want some EPCOT Center shirts, try hitting up eBay! That's where I got most of our clothes for the trip.

______

Today I'll put up the conclusion... MAGIC KINGDOM!

Heatherbell

Awww, I love your trip report. It's so entertaining. I keep checking compulsively to see if you posted more...

P.S. I love your nails.

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Original Poster
Sunday 3/1 - The Final Hoorah!

We awoke in the lovely AS:S veeeeery early, got ready to hit the parks, and had our traditional everything bagel in the food court. Sunday was a night time EMH for MK, which meant we'd be in the parks from before the 9am opening until midnight! Over 15 whole hours immersed in magic to end our trip.

A cold front had moved into the region that we were not expecting at all. We only packed flip flops and short sleeved shirts for our trip, so rain, 30mph winds and 40 degree temperatures were very alarming to us.

Our friend drove us through the gates...

picture.php

We parked at the Poly because Elise had never seen it, then hopped the monorail to MK. (Before you flame me, my friend is with the company and can park where ever...) Before boarding the monorail, I decided to partake in my first ever kona coffee. Thanks to my Birthday Button, they offered for the 3 of us to sit in the front of the monorail. We even got pilots licenses!

Mmmm... Coffee...

picture.php

picture.php

You can tell the storm is moving into the area and the wind is really picking up right as the park opens. Elise only had on shorts and I had on a tee! This would prove to be a problem later...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Hrudey3032

After dinner, Ron invited the group of us to go see American Adventure with him. Of course, who the heck can turn down experiencing ANYTHING in WDW with Dreamfinder?

When we entered American Adventure, a CM told me there was a special phone call for me. When I picked the phone up, it was Goofy wishing me a Happy Birthday! Here's some reaction shots...

picture.php

picture.php

After AA was over, Ron had to leave for the evening. Here we are, saying goodbye...

picture.php

picture.php

When Ron left, we split into two groups. One group went to see Illuminations and my group went on a final ride on SSE to discover that they had done major work on the descent overnight!

Here's Elise, James and myself walking to SSE...

picture.php

I have a video of Ron doing the Dreamfinder voice that I uploaded to my facebook. Perhaps I'll see about posting it on here. Any true Journey into Imagination fan will get chills followed by bursts of giddy giggling at the sound!

Wow amazing trip report.This is the best I have seen in 2 years and I also HAVE GOT TO SEE the video you speak of with Ron doing Dreamfinder! :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Hrudey3032

You weren't kidding. The temps this week have been real chilly here.Having just come from Indianapolis it wasnt to bad but I was expecting lows in the 50's not upper 30's! :eek:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom