Sisterly Shenanigans: One Lil Spark and Big Al's Gal attack WDW!

Welcome, welcome, WELCOME!

This is a very picture heavy trip report documenting our first ever 'Sister's Only' trip to WDW. Hopefully you will enjoy reading this as much as we enjoyed bringing it to you. Please note that this will probably take a day or two to finish and will come in many installations. At any point, you can check out my photo album on my profile page as well!

Now, on to the good stuff...

Featured Players:

Jennifer (One Lil Spark)
3326002196_693a037e71_m.jpg

Celebrated birthday with trip to WDW.
Enjoys anything EPCOT Center and Carousel of Progress.
Known to randomly burst into song, usually something from EPCOT Center.

Elise (Big Al's Gal)
3326093334_f445e4720d_m.jpg

Younger of the two sisters.
Lover of all things Ariel and Big Al.
Life's goal is to star in the Voyage of the Little Mermaid at DHS.

Our story begins in the mountains of western North Carolina. I woke up bright and early to drive to Dayton, Tn where Elise goes to Bryan College. Once I picked her up, we were off to catch our flight! When we arrived at Chattanooga Metropolitan Airport, I somehow scored THE front row parking spot. Even though we were incredibly excited to be heading to WDW, I had a hard time leaving my car (which I've affectionately named Molly Weasley).

3325295545_76c0bef8d3.jpg

Drama oozed out of our flight in Chatty to Atlanta, but I won't get into that. (Grrr...) Finally holding our boarding pass made it feel all the more official! Elise's green eyes really burst with excitement, don't they?
3326002204_1771c8831e.jpg

After figuring out that Delta pretty much hates me, we were off! The view of the ocean of clouds helped calm me down on the cramped, small plane. All together now, Oooo... Ahhh...​
3326002212_1966bd691d.jpg

3326002218_ee4bce0af2.jpg

We arrived in Atlanta for our larger, much more comfy flight to Orlando. During the lay over, we decided to play in the concourse. You'll soon see that we don't like to take serious pictures...​

picture.php

picture.php

Once we were finally in the air for the final leg of our trip down, I decided to treat myself to a much deserved $7 Bloody Mary.​

picture.php

FINALLY, we landed, grabbed our luggage and met up with a friend who drove us home... Home on this trip was the All Star Sports!​

More to come... Stay tuned, folks! :wave:​

ndiniz

Boy, you two girls took WDW by storm, and probably had the best time of your life! Both of you really made me laugh with this report. WDW should be a place of nothing but zaniness, silliness, craziness (not too much though), and humor!

spectrodanny

Hey Jenn, I just talked to a freind last night who just returned from the World, apparently CBJ has returned to it's pre-refurb state.

Stage 4 Henry looked more like a statue
eylids not working on some of the Characters
Finale music not working (I can just see JE Smith cringing at that one)

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Original Poster
Hey Jenn, I just talked to a freind last night who just returned from theWorld, apparently CBJ has returned to it's pre-refurb state.

Stage 4 Henry looked more like a statue
eylids not working on some of the Characters
Finale musaic not working (I can just see JE Smith cringing at that one)
Stage 4 Henry was all wonky when we were there. He was having MAJOR eyebrow issues that were actually scratching his eye and making very loud noises. Wendell looked like he hasn't seen any TLC since the 70s. It was very sad to see stage 2 vs stage 4 Henry. :(

SoHkJerry

:sohappy: By far one of the best trip reports I have read so far , glad to see you had an amazing time shame that it had to come to an end but like all good things haha , Great pictures also !!! :wave:

ClemsonTigger

Naturally Grumpy
Stage 4 Henry was all wonky when we were there. He was having MAJOR eyebrow issues that were actually scratching his eye and making very loud noises. Wendell looked like he hasn't seen any TLC since the 70s. It was very sad to see stage 2 vs stage 4 Henry. :(

Kinda like stage 4 anamatronic alzheimers.....:shrug:

The awesome Bacon sisters travelogue thread continues to have life!

mcjaco

Awesome TR Jenn.

Everytime I leave the World, I think I've had enough for awhile. Then I get home, look at the pictures and need/want to go back.

Hrudey3032

Once I typed out, "The End" it was officially over. :eek: Very bittersweet.

I had to bolden this statement Jen.Do not think of it as the end but a closing of a chapter as you will go back and make many many more memories there.

diddy_mouse

I was looking forward to hearing how your day/night at the MK went. :) Such an awesome trip!

Oh! And I found that sweatshirt back in '07 in an adult size for $22 ON SALE at the Emporium. It was my last souvenier of the trip....and I still wear it quite frequently. And those pj's Elise bought were freakin' adorable!

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
Original Poster
I was looking forward to hearing how your day/night at the MK went. :) Such an awesome trip!

Oh! And I found that sweatshirt back in '07 in an adult size for $22 ON SALE at the Emporium. It was my last souvenier of the trip....and I still wear it quite frequently. And those pj's Elise bought were freakin' adorable!
Whoa! That's quite a deal on the hoodie! The kid's one cost $35! :eek:

Luckily, it's amazingly comfy, so I doubt it'll be shunned to the back of the closet anytime soon. :D

Big Al's Gal

Definitely the trip of a lifetime!

Not only did I win AIE and watch my sister have the birthday party of her dreams, we got to do it all in fashionable vintage Disney gear. :D

If I had any pictures that hadn't already been slapped on this TR I would post them, but Jennifer has already done a phenomenal job of capturing every moment of our entire trip!

Glad you all enjoyed it!

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Definitely the trip of a lifetime!

Not only did I win AIE and watch my sister have the birthday party of her dreams, we got to do it all in fashionable vintage Disney gear. :D

If I had any pictures that hadn't already been slapped on this TR I would post them, but Jennifer has already done a phenomenal job of capturing every moment of our entire trip!

Glad you all enjoyed it!
Now all we gotta do is get you posting a bit more...

:wave:

EDIT: Oh and Hi Elise! I'm the dirty old man your sister warned you about! :D

[or should have :lookaroun :lookaroun]

Big Al's Gal

Now all we gotta do is get you posting a bit more...

:wave:

EDIT: Oh and Hi Elise! I'm the dirty old man your sister warned you about! :D

[or should have :lookaroun :lookaroun]

Yeah, yeah. It still says I'm new here when I've had an account for > 6 years! I'll get used to it. ;)

And Jenn told me to always give dirty old men big hugs, so..:sohappy:HI!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom