Save the Adventurers Club

Mr.EPCOT

Anyone know why this thread has a "mystery" last page. Regardless of the current "Last Post", there is always an additional page shown on the page selector.
If you click on it, it just takes you back to the second-to-last page.

Could that mysterious page hold the real truth about what will become of the Adventurers' Club?????

It's just a recurring glitch with these message boards, you'll see that on lots of threads.

AndrewRnR

To me there is only one logical place to put a new Adventures Club - onboard the Disney Cruise Line.

I've been on a few cruises (never a Disney one though) but between the shows at night I get alittle bored because there are a bunch of bars but they are all similar. Adding something like an Adventures Club onboard one or more of the ships would add another whole entertainment nightspot on the ship.

One of my beefs with the club was that it was always the same (yeah yeah each night was different with different actors but the storyline and such remained the same) which kinda killed the repeat visit factor for me. On the cruise each night the club and the storyline could play-off where the cruise went that day. If the cruise stopped in Nassau the club could feature a few shows about the city as if the adventures visited that day but back in the 1930s. Hathway Browne could sing and tell stories about his adventures of spending a day in Nassau and the issues he faced when he told his stories to local women. Fletcher could talk about new treasures he found during his trips to the strange museums of Nassau.

It would be like you are traveling with the cast and each night everyone (guests and cast) gather in the club to share stories of adventures and end the night in a big hoopla (HOOPLA).

Also seems like the Hawaii DVC resort would be an interesting spot for an Adventures Club style club.

ttalovebug

To me, the only reason there weren't huge crowds all the time at such a cool place is that Disney did not market it enough. If more people had known about it, they would have gone. I know I would have.

Buried20KLeague

To me, the only reason there weren't huge crowds all the time at such a cool place is that Disney did not market it enough. If more people had known about it, they would have gone. I know I would have.

I could not agree more.

I think most in charge had no idea what they had there. Here's hoping that the past two months have opened some eyes.

The final shows are trickling in on youtube. Lots of Adventurers were heading back home after this and haven't uploaded them yet. I'm a local, and heck, I've got video from the last few weeks I need to get out there too, including the final night.

Anywho, here's Blondie Otis at the final Hooplah doing a montage of his songs.
Enjoy! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01WgdXZDEN8

Master Gracey

Original Poster
HOOPLA!

Hello Adventurers,

Here are two more addresses to add to the ever growing list of people to contact in this the "Return our Adventurers Club" Campaign!

Peter Murphy
Personal Adviser to CEO Robert Iger
500 S. Buena Vista St.
Burbank, CA 91521

Roy E. Disney
Director Emeritus, The Walt Disney Company
500 S. Buena Vista St.
Burbank, CA 91521

Some days you eat the mouse.
Some days the mouse eats you.
But never give into the mouse without a fight!

KUNGALOOSH!

WDWMUPPET

I am writing a few letters today, but am not going to send them to every person on that list. Who are the best people to send it too?
Thanks

dmagickingdom

All the signs point to the past few weeks have opened some eyes. Let's just hope it also kicked some butts into gear.

we anticipated the last two weeks far in advance. Staffing was scheduled to increase due to the expected increase in guests that wanted to make that special trip or two (or those who just took it for granted cause they thought it would always be there and never went assuming it would always be there)
Also, cast member free entrance was scheduled to black out due to expected increase in guests to experience PI for one last time.

Thanks to all who represented PI over the years and may we remember this spot as a wonderful memory of the past just as many of our favorite attractions and other Disney spots.

Master Gracey

Original Poster
Were not defeated yet Adventurers! According to Dani on the "Save the Adventurers Club" Facebook group:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=17614776169
In other news, I was at Downtown Disney on Monday morning working on some nostalgic AdClub art when I was approached by two Disney Security CMs. They encouraged me to keep the petitions going and keep writing letters. I was also approached by a construction worker who's working on the large brown building next door to the Club and he spilled a few secrets about a tequilla bar going in there. Although unannounced and unconfirmed by Disney, it's going to be some sort of themed bar with a dancefloor called The Salty Rim. Hmmmm.

Oh boy a tequila bar! Oh boy, a dance floor! Wait, didn't we already have places like this at Downtown Disney, but with much better theming? Oh yea, and those building still stand and can be reopened at a moments notice. On a more important note Adventurers, lets take Disney Security's advice and keep up the flow of letters and petitions and Adventure will call our names once again!

KUNGALOOSH!

liquid toez

hmm, it may be the restaurant/bar owned by "E Brands" that was written about in the Orlando Business Journal on June 26, 2008.

Here is an excerpt from that article:

"The firm in April also announced plans for a new 5,000-square-foot, two-story casual eatery in Downtown Disney featuring authentic Central and South American food, specialty tequilas, premium wines and live music, as previously reported by Orlando Business Journal."

On a negative side note:

E Brands was mentioned on the 5 o'clock news yesterday because they were accused of taking all the tips from their servers instead of just 25% at their Samba Room restaurant here in Orlando. Then, Bob Opsahl, news achorman, mentioned that they were going to open a restaurant at Pleasure Island.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Were not defeated yet Adventurers! According to Dani on the "Save the Adventurers Club" Facebook group:

Oh boy a tequila bar! Oh boy, a dance floor! Wait, didn't we already have places like this at Downtown Disney, but with much better theming? Oh yea, and those building still stand and can be reopened at a moments notice. On a more important note Adventurers, lets take Disney Security's advice and keep up the flow of letters and petitions and Adventure will call our names once again!

KUNGALOOSH!

hmm, it may be the restaurant/bar owned by "E Brands" that was written about in the Orlando Business Journal on June 26, 2008.

Here is an excerpt from that article:

"The firm in April also announced plans for a new 5,000-square-foot, two-story casual eatery in Downtown Disney featuring authentic Central and South American food, specialty tequilas, premium wines and live music, as previously reported by Orlando Business Journal."

On a negative side note:

E Brands was mentioned on the 5 o'clock news yesterday because they were accused of taking all the tips from their servers instead of just 25% at their Samba Room restaurant here in Orlando. Then, Bob Opsahl, news achorman, mentioned that they were going to open a restaurant at Pleasure Island.
Here is a link to e-brands site. It lists a restaurant called the Salted Rim as coming soon for the Orlando area so this rumor definitely has some legs.

http://www.e-brands.net/home.html

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom