Save the Adventurers Club

Master Gracey

Original Poster
Fellow Adventurers,

New news on the "Return our Adventurers Club" front! Here is a posted message from the "Save the Adventurers Club" Facebook Group:

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=17614776169 Heard a rumor today that there is a chance that Disney might reopen some of the clubs during the Holiday rush, if they're considering this there is more reason now than ever to send these letters. I myself just shot out 5 today. Another Hoopla (hoopla) maybe closer than we think.

Lets hope that this is true, if so, our message is finally getting through! Keep up the good work Adventurers!

Some days you eat the mouse.
Some days the mouse eats you.
But never give into the mouse without a fight!

KUNGALOOSH!

chaggy102

Fellow Adventurers,

New news on the "Return our Adventurers Club" front! Here is a posted message from the "Save the Adventurers Club" Facebook Group:

Lets hope that this is true, if so, our message is finally getting through! Keep up the good work Adventurers!

KUNGALOOSH!

Ah so glad to see what I posted over there now coming over here...little disturbing to see my name posted likethis but alas...was also mentioned in this thread; http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=365230

Master Gracey

Original Poster
Sorry Chaggy I didn't realize that you were one in the same with the Facebook name. I've just edited it out of my post, and you can edit it out of your response's quote if you wish to reinstate you anonymity.

KUNGALOOSH!

MKCP 1985

Y'all will just love this story.

I was on Pleasure Island today in the early afternoon and walked by the Ole A/C.

Here's a couple o' snaps:

img_0687.jpg

IMG_06881.jpg

Anyway, when I first walked by, the cart wasn't open, but it was when I went back by so I walked up to the vendor and said, "I'll have a Kungaloosh!"

She had no idea what I was talking about, so I told her that was the signature drink in the club behind her. She just shrugged, said that place was closed.

I asked her how long she'd been working for Disney and she said she just started.

Yep, she just completed training, is stationed right outside the A/C, and has no idea what it ever was about. :(

oh, and there was no drummer this afternoon, either. :shrug:

Master Gracey

Original Poster
Fellow Adventurers,

As I was perusing the Adventurers Club Yahoo Group (Adventurers_Club : Adventurers Club) I came upon a very interesting file. For Halloween, someone, who seemed to have some time on his hands, created an Adventurers Club Logo Jack-O-Lantern and posted the template he used to carve it! I know I'm going to try my hand at it before All Hallows Eve, and here are the files in case anyone else wants to as well.

AdventurersClubAllPurposeJackOLante.jpg

http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/4JYDSS5LvVSopi0M99eXukN_mbOROjzhARS4PCYMO3c28X8yeq-CpnxJZqkjLtdLx_KRk4Os4-shVAzVVyQYH-hT6S8/Adventurers%20Club%20Pumpkin/Adventurers%20Club%20All%20Purpose%20Club%20Jack%20O%20Lantern%20Tips.txt[/URL]

Kungaloosh Adventurers,

With Halloween a week away, I thought that I would share with you a labor of love that I took upon myself at the beginning of this month, an Adventurers Club Jack-O-Lantern. After 5 hours of printing, tracing and cutting I finished the initial job and with the knowledge from retracing my steps, I was able to put together this easy (at least as easy as I could make it) template so that you too can carve your own Adventurers Club Jack-O-Lantern! Here are a few tips that I can give to you:

1. Purchase a craft pumpkin from Michaels (That way you will not have to cry as your hours of work wither and die over the next week, and you can display your work for years to come!)

2. Purchase a "Pumpkin Masters Carving Party Kit" from Wallmart that includes a "Super Poker" to trace the blackened areas of the template to your pumpkin.

3. Tape the template as flat as you can to the pumpkin (this may mean cutting the paper a bit, just don't cut into the design).

4. If using a craft pumpkin, make your cuts with an Exacto Knife instead of the tools that come with the Carving Party Kit, an Exacto cuts smoother and will have less chances of breaking the small detailed areas.

5. Carve from the inside of the pumpkin outward and cutting the small areas before the larger ones.

6. Take it slow and Good Luck.

AdventurersClubAllPurposeJackOLa-1.jpg

KUNGALOOSH!

chaggy102

Fellow Adventurers,

As I was perusing the Adventurers Club Yahoo Group (Adventurers_Club : Adventurers Club) I came upon a very interesting file. For Halloween, someone, who seemed to have some time on his hands, created an Adventurers Club Logo Jack-O-Lantern and posted the template he used to carve it! I know I'm going to try my hand at it before All Hallows Eve, and here are the files in case anyone else wants to as well.

Adventurers%20Club%20All%20Purpose%20Jack%20O%20Lantern%20%28Final%20Product%29.jpg

Adventurers%20Club%20All%20Purpose%20Jack%20O%20Lantern%20%28Template%29.jpg

KUNGALOOSH!

To have talent...I'd love to attempt that but I know there is no way I could do it...nice find through.

Scooter

Y'all will just love this story.

I was on Pleasure Island today in the early afternoon and walked by the Ole A/C.

Anyway, when I first walked by, the cart wasn't open, but it was when I went back by so I walked up to the vendor and said, "I'll have a Kungaloosh!"

She had no idea what I was talking about, so I told her that was the signature drink in the club behind her. She just shrugged, said that place was closed.

I asked her how long she'd been working for Disney and she said she just started.

Yep, she just completed training, is stationed right outside the A/C, and has no idea what it ever was about. :(

oh, and there was no drummer this afternoon, either. :shrug:

You, my friend, have just been slapped in the face by reality.
"She just shrugged...and said that the place is closed."

We will all have to deal with this fact eventually.
Some, will deal with it faster than others.
Some, unfortunately, will never accept the fact that it will be closed soon...closed forever.:(

MKCP 1985

Some, unfortunately, will never accept the fact that it will be closed soon...closed forever.:(

Who me? Nah, that was my first post in this thread. I just shared my experience for the benefit of the true believers.

Rainforest is probably nervous. At 2:30 in the afternoon, admittedly after the lunch rush, they were announcing over their loudspeakers that there was no wait for a table. Meanwhile, at T Rex, they still had parties waiting for a table.

"Johnny Come Lately, the new kid in town . . . everybody loves you, so don't let them down."

skellington216

I know to take front lime cast members rumors with a grain of salt, but I thought I would post this anyway. Today the cast member at Tomorrowland Transit Authority noticed my tons of Adventurer Club pins on my lanyard and said the club is still in operation for private events and was booked through at leaat Feb 09. Any truth to this? At least some lucky people may still be able to visit for a little while. Wish I was one. Kungaloosh!

71jason

Rainforest is probably nervous. At 2:30 in the afternoon, admittedly after the lunch rush, they were announcing over their loudspeakers that there was no wait for a table. Meanwhile, at T Rex, they still had parties waiting for a table.

"Johnny Come Lately, the new kid in town . . . everybody loves you, so don't let them down."

Both owned by Landry's, who still can't be happy about the situation--spending all that money to attract roughly the same number of guests. But the real loser here is Kevin Lansberry--despite his repeated claims that DTD needed more restaurants, it looks like the market for overpriced theme restaurants in DTD may actually be saturated. Now a new cheap quick-service place, or a new table service restaurant in MK on the dining plan, that probably would attract guests without cannabalizing the competition.

I know to take front lime cast members rumors with a grain of salt, but I thought I would post this anyway. Today the cast member at Tomorrowland Transit Authority noticed my tons of Adventurer Club pins on my lanyard and said the club is still in operation for private events and was booked through at leaat Feb 09. Any truth to this?

Before the close, I heard from a CM that the AdvClub--and possibly the rest of PI, it wasn't clear--is booked pretty solid Super Bowl week. So private events through at least early February.

I know the guy that did the pumpkin, he's a Jungle Skipper and HM butler that has his place dedicated to the Adventurers Club, HM, and JC.....he also proposed on stage to his girlfriend at the hoopla as a part of the show, its on youtube and is quite good....and he has the best JC spiel I've ever seen :)

Master Gracey

Original Poster

Just because one Cast Member (more than likely an Internation or College Program Student) does not know what the Adventurers Club was, does not mean that the throngs of dedicated fans will forget about it, or let it slip silently into the realm of Yesterland. It is still there, it is still active and as long as executives continue to receive guest complaints and comments it will be back! Keep up the good work Adventurers and never let the naysayer get you down.

KUNGALOOSH!

Master Gracey

Original Poster
Happy Halloween Adventurers! A friend of mine down in Florida sent me this picture of his Halloween group this year. He informed me that there have been a lot of Adventurers Club groups, as well as his own, attending Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party this year, so its good to know that there are still devoted Adventurers out there! Who knows, if we keep the letters, e-mail, phone calls, ect. rolling into the Exec Offices, then Marcel willing, we will all be enjoying a Kungaloosh next year at this time at the Halloween Jubilee inside the Library of 5189 Hill Street!

AdventurersatTheAdventurersClub03.jpg

KUNGALOOSH!

a2grafix

Awesome fan Halloween pix ^^^^^^^. Love them.

Unfortunately I did not dress up Friday night as I played TV News web producer at the station and then dressed upas Air Force Airman for my Air National Guard drill weekend.

Next year I say. I have been inspired! I have a feeling that all my future Halloween costumes will be someone from the AC.

CaptainMichael

Next year I say. I have been inspired! I have a feeling that all my future Halloween costumes will be someone from the AC.

Awesome! It's fun dressing up as Hathaway, but it's tedious work trying to explain who I am to a bunch of drunks. I need to find a French Maid or a Samantha Sterling to spend next Halloween with.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom