Save the Adventurers Club

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
And I learn this after the place has closed. :brick: :cry:
The feeling is mutual.

Kirk is honestly one of the nicest people I have ever met, and one of the most loyal cast members. I was a regular during my CP program, and he always took the time to talk to me and my fellow skippers. I've heard he's headed for the Contemporary, so make sure you pay him a visit next time you can.
Kirk was the man. He was always so nice but then again so was the entire staff at AC. There was definitely something in the water that made the AC CM's special.

Ah, the duck phone. I remember seeing it, but I never thought to pick it up and take a listen. Was there anything special about it, like the Market House party line phone?
All I know about it is it was an actual phone with an open line. If you picked it up you got a dial tone. From what I was told a select few of the regulars were given the number to the Duck phone and would call from time to time.

SirGoofy

Kirk was the man. He was always so nice but then again so was the entire staff at AC. There was definitely something in the water that made the AC CM's special.

Indeed. It was amazing how they really went out of their way to give everyone a good time, especially the regulars. There was nothing as funny as Hathaway throwing out Jungle Cruise jokes in the mask room just for us. :D

All I know about it is it was an actual phone with an open line. If you picked it up you got a dial tone. From what I was told a select few of the regulars were given the number to the Duck phone and would call from time to time.

That's correct. I called it a few times while I was there. There's nothing like calling someone who is sitting right next to you and seeing the surprise on their face. :lol:

Apparently my friend called 8 times on Saturday night, so if you picked up the duck phone you might have talked to him!

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Indeed. It was amazing how they really went out of their way to give everyone a good time, especially the regulars. There was nothing as funny as Hathaway throwing out Jungle Cruise jokes in the mask room just for us. :D
That they were. I only made it to the club about every other month but they always remembered me and my family. I'll never forget one night when I got there a little late and it was about 3 people deep at the bar. The bartender noticed me and my friend immediately pointed at me and said "Two Kungalooshes?"

That's correct. I called it a few times while I was there. There's nothing like calling someone who is sitting right next to you and seeing the surprise on their face. :lol:

Apparently my friend called 8 times on Saturday night, so if you picked up the duck phone you might have talked to him!
I never heard the phone ring once in all the times that I was there.

WDWMUPPET

I was there for the first time in August of 2008 and I can say that I came very close to tears after reading about the closing.

I know for a fact that I will NEVER visit Down Town Disney again.

Chape19714

That's correct. Every time I called, nobody picked up. I don't think anyone even knew it was there.

Master Gracey

Original Poster
Return Our Adventurers Club

ReturnOurAdventurersClub.jpg

Dear Adventurers,

Well, here we are after three months of emails, letters, phone calls, blood, sweet, tears, ect, and the time has come for phase two of the “Save our Adventurers Club” Campaign, the “Return the Adventurers Club” Campaign! Disney Executives have taken notice of the mass amounts of guest displeasure at the announcement and actual closing of our beloved club, and rumors are flying out of control like the Hathaway Browne’s Gypsy Moth!

One source says Animal Kingdom Lodge will be the new sight of Adventure. Another source tells of EPCOT’s United Kingdom Pavilion taking in the Permanent Members. Sill other sources tell of a Disney Cameraman with a Disney Manager filming one night at the Club, someone overhearing them talking about the footage being compiled into a “training video”, mentioning that the Adventurers Club Main Salon, Library and BET Soundstage would be the new Adventurers Club, and that the reopening will occur in as little as two months! Which is true? Which is false? I do not know but I do know this.

The Executives were expecting a response from the closure announcement; however they were not prepared for the volume of dissatisfaction. In the following weeks, months and if need be years, the Executives need to continue to have their desks, computers and phones stuffed with messages saying that we want Adventure to return ASAP and sooner! If the messages stop, they will then sit back and say to themselves they were right, and no one cared about the Adventurers Club in the first place, However, if the messages continue to pile up They will see that movement will not be going away until we Adventurers have a new place to gather, enjoy a Kungaloosh and listen to the exploits of Hathaway Browne, Pamelia Perkins, Otis T. Wren and so on.

Please Adventurers, continue the fight! Our cause is justified. I was in attendance on the last night and witnessed that the Final Hoopla (for a while) consisted of 150 people inside the Library, 200+ inside the Main Salon and 100+ in the extended outdoor Queue, watching the event on the Plasma TVs! This kind of crowd does not appear at an unpopular attraction that deserves to close. So once again, here are the important addresses and websites devoted to preserving the greatest Disney Attraction of all time!

Petitions:
Save a Part of Walt's Legacy
http://www.petitiononline.com/wdwadvcl/petition.html

Save the Adventurers Club!
http://www.petitiononline.com/wdwaclub/petition.html

Letter Writing Campiagns:
Kungaloosh Forever
http://www.kungalooshforever.com

PeterDavid.net
http://peterdavid.malibulist.com/archives/006323.html

Executive Addresses:
Mr. Robert Iger
Chief Executive Officer
The Walt Disney Company
500 South Buena Vista Street
Burbank, CA 91521-4873

Peter Murphy
Personal Adviser to CEO Robert Iger
500 S. Buena Vista St.
Burbank, CA 91521

Roy E. Disney
Director Emeritus, The Walt Disney Company
500 S. Buena Vista St.
Burbank, CA 91521

Mr. James A. Rasulo
Chairman
Walt Disney Parks & Resorts
500 South Buena Vista Street
Burbank, CA 91521-4873

Meg Crofton
President
The Walt Disney World Resort
PO Box 10040
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830

Al Weiss
President
Worldwide Operations
Walt Disney Parks and Resorts
PO Box 10000

Jim Lewis
President
Disney Vacation Club
200 Celebration Place
Celebration, FL 34747

Walt Disney World Guest Communications
PO Box 10040
Lake Buena Vista, FL 32830-0040

Walt Disney World Guest Relations
P.O. Box 10000

Executive E-mail Addresses:
Bob Iger, Vice President of Operations, Walt Disney World
Robert.A.Iger@email.disney.com

John Lasseter, Chief Creative Officer of Walt Disney/Pixar, Principal Creative Advisor of Walt Disney Imagineering
jl@pixar.com

Kevin Lansberry, Vice President of Operations Downtown Disney
kevin.lansberry@email.disney.com

Meg Crofton, President Walt Disney World Resort
meg.crofton@disney.com

Jay Rasulo, Chairman Walt Disney Parks & Resorts
jay.rasulo@disney.com

Al Weiss, President Worldwide Operations - Disney Parks and Resorts
al.weiss@disney.com

Barry Carlson, GM of Operations
barry.r.carlson@email.disney.com

Kris Piser, DTD Finance Manager
Kristine.piser@email.disney.com

Walt Disney World Guest Communications
wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com

Media Pages:
Facebook Group:
http://www.facebook.com/posted.php?id=17614776169

Myspace Group:
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=392 612672

Adventurers Almanac
http://www.2719hyperion.com/search/label/Adventurers%20Almanac

Others:
http://www.savetheadventurersclub.info

http://adventurersclub.ning.com

Forum Threads:
WDWMagic
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=325622

Mice Chat
http://micechat.com/forums/showthread.php/save_adventurers_club_pleasure_island-99204.html

Mouse Planet
http://mousepad.mouseplanet.com/showthread.php?t=107402

The DIS Disscussion Forums
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=26811610#post26811610

Walt Disney Boards
http://www.waltdisneyboards.com/showthread.php?t=2523

Some days you eat the mouse.
Some days the mouse eats you.
But never give into the mouse without a fight!

KUNGALOOSH!

Kirk is honestly one of the nicest people I have ever met, and one of the most loyal cast members. I was a regular during my CP program, and he always took the time to talk to me and my fellow skippers. I've heard he's headed for the Contemporary, so make sure you pay him a visit next time you can.

I totally agree. When I was on the CP I used to stop by and talk to him even when I wasn't going to the club. And when I was at the club he would always welcome you and make you feel at home. I saw the videos of his 20th Anniversary as a CM and its really sad that now he's got to transfer after being at AC for so long. I understand he's going to Contemporary as a Concierge. I really hope he enjoys it there. Gotta pay him a visit sometime :D

CaptainMichael

Sill other sources tell of a Disney Cameraman with a Disney Manager filming one night at the Club, someone overhearing them talking about the footage being compiled into a “training video”, mentioning that the Adventurers Club Main Salon, Library and BET Soundstage would be the new Adventurers Club, and that the reopening will occur in as little as two months! Which is true? Which is false? I do not know but I do know this.

For me, this is the best possible scenario. I would imagine that the BET part would become some sort of restaurant/shop and the rest of the club would remain intact. I don't believe the 2 month timeline though unless they plan on opening the new part later on and just open the already existing club. If that were the case, why close it at all?

Thurp

I was there the night when the official Disney people were recording things. They recorded a few library shows, they took time covering a lot of the decorations on the walls, etc. When we asked what they were doing, we were told it was for archival purposes.

I'm not doubting your story, just telling you what we experienced.

CaptainMichael

I was there the night when the official Disney people were recording things. They recorded a few library shows, they took time covering a lot of the decorations on the walls, etc. When we asked what they were doing, we were told it was for archival purposes.

I'm not doubting your story, just telling you what we experienced.

:drevil: That's very interesting.

Rob562

Actually, the number for the phone was on a little label from a label maker, stuck to the wall jack the phone plugged into. At one point it had a direct phone line, but for at least the past couple years it was just an extension number. The trick was knowing the right switchboard line to call in order to dial that extension...

-Rob

s8film40

The duck phone never rang, it quacked!! After it stopped being able to quack, the only way you could tell it was ringing was that its eyes lit up red. That's mostly why no one knew it was there or operational. I don't remember the way it usually was but on Thursday it wasn't bolted down and on Saturday it was.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member
I tried calling that blasted duck on saturday and got hung up on a few times.

Thelazer

"One source says Animal Kingdom Lodge will be the new sight of Adventure. Another source tells of EPCOT’s United Kingdom Pavilion taking in the Permanent Members. Sill other sources tell of a Disney Cameraman with a Disney Manager filming one night at the Club, someone overhearing them talking about the footage being compiled into a “training video”, mentioning that the Adventurers Club Main Salon, Library and BET Soundstage would be the new Adventurers Club, and that the reopening will occur in as little as two months! Which is true? Which is false? I do not know but I do know this."

AK Lodge- No
UK Pavilion- No
"Training Video"- No, not really.
Reopening in two months.... no.
Reopening at DTD... I'm not counting it out just yet.
(but I'd say it's a *VERY* slim chance at this point)

ttalovebug

I must tell you all, I am very close to tears reading this thread. And I have never even been to the AC!

Being under 21, I have never ventured into Pleasure Island. I didn't even know what the AC was until I came on here one day and saw everyone lamenting its end. I figured this must be a special place. So I did some research on here, and watched some youtube videos, and though I never got to experience the AC for myself, I have fallen in love with the idea of the place. I am deeply saddened for the regulars who miss it, the people like me who never got to experience it, and most of all, the performers: the people who brought it to life and created memories for so many.

Figment571

Truly I hope that the club lives on more or less in its original form in Disney. I almost went once but could not due to personal reasons. From all I have read watched and thought about it it seems to only have one parallel in the whole of Disney History, The Golden Horseshoe. It seems to be something like the original show was that Walt loved so much albeit in a much more intimate and immersive way. Truly this is something that was special and a true showing of what Walt would love, i wouldn't have been surprised if he would have been a regular if he was alive to see it.

I am sad to see it go but perhaps we can try to get management to save it.

I truly missed out on a wonderful experience.:(

CaptainMichael

Truly I hope that the club lives on more or less in its original form in Disney. I almost went once but could not due to personal reasons. From all I have read watched and thought about it it seems to only have one parallel in the whole of Disney History, The Golden Horseshoe. It seems to be something like the original show was that Walt loved so much albeit in a much more intimate and immersive way. Truly this is something that was special and a true showing of what Walt would love, i wouldn't have been surprised if he would have been a regular if he was alive to see it.

I am sad to see it go but perhaps we can try to get management to save it.

I truly missed out on a wonderful experience.:(

Not that I can speak for him, but I believe he would would have loved it. It was everything Disney is supposed to be about. Yay for spreadsheets:rolleyes:

And thelazer, if you're refering to the Tokyo rumors, I don't think I would ever be able to make it over there. If it were moved to Disneyland in CA, I may never go to WDW again.

WDWFigment

"One source says Animal Kingdom Lodge will be the new sight of Adventure. Another source tells of EPCOT’s United Kingdom Pavilion taking in the Permanent Members. Sill other sources tell of a Disney Cameraman with a Disney Manager filming one night at the Club, someone overhearing them talking about the footage being compiled into a “training video”, mentioning that the Adventurers Club Main Salon, Library and BET Soundstage would be the new Adventurers Club, and that the reopening will occur in as little as two months! Which is true? Which is false? I do not know but I do know this."

AK Lodge- No
UK Pavilion- No
"Training Video"- No, not really.
Reopening in two months.... no.
Reopening at DTD... I'm not counting it out just yet.
(but I'd say it's a *VERY* slim chance at this point)

I was thinking the same thing. While I really love the Adventurer's Club, I think the campaign would have more impact if it were more grounded in reality. Most of these "sources" are people posting their "wishful thinking".

I'd also recommend just starting a new thread for "Return the Adventurer's Club". This one has gotten bogged down with "other stuff", and you might get some fresh views from people who wouldn't enter a thread this long.

wild01ride

Anyone know why this thread has a "mystery" last page. Regardless of the current "Last Post", there is always an additional page shown on the page selector.
If you click on it, it just takes you back to the second-to-last page.

Could that mysterious page hold the real truth about what will become of the Adventurers' Club?????

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom