Save the Adventurers Club

dmagickingdom

Here is a link to e-brands site. It lists a restaurant called the Salted Rim as coming soon for the Orlando area so this rumor definitely has some legs.

http://www.e-brands.net/home.html

yeah, plus, not to mention we already have plenty of central and south american culture here already. The last thing Central Florida needs is another spanish reference. The spanish culture has and continues to take over Florida. Why not continue to represent more diverse cultures such as they did with Ragland Road? The spanish is well represented with Bongo's on the West Side.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
yeah, plus, not to mention we already have plenty of central and south american culture here already. The last thing Central Florida needs is another spanish reference. The spanish culture has and continues to take over Florida. Why not continue to represent more diverse cultures such as they did with Ragland Road? The spanish is well represented with Bongo's on the West Side.
While you are correct about it's saturation off property I find that South American Cuisine is pretty lacking in quantity on property. You basically have San Angel in Mexico, Bongo's in DTD, and the Maya grill at CS and of those three the Maya grill barely qualifies. Another one or two South American or even a Tex-Mex style restaurants would be welcomed by me.

dmagickingdom

While you are correct about it's saturation off property I find that South American Cuisine is pretty lacking in quantity on property. You basically have San Angel in Mexico, Bongo's in DTD, and the Maya grill at CS and of those three the Maya grill barely qualifies. Another one or two South American or even a Tex-Mex style restaurants would be welcomed by me.

you got me there!! maybe i am over-saturated in it here in Kissimmee and would like to see something other than spanish sometimes!!! Perhaps some German or even a tasteful japanese steakhouse cultural themed "sophisticated vip club type" atmosphere. However if they even put in the Tex-Mex I would be very happy! It would be nice to eat Mex on Disney w/out having to go into Epcot.

Master Gracey

Original Poster
Just thought I'd keep this thread alive and post another Disney News article featuring the pre-construction times of Pleasure Island and remind everyone to please continue to send in letters, e-mails, phone calls, ect. to Disney Executives to let them know to "Return Our Adventurers Club". I went by there a few days ago, and it looks like it can reopen at a moments notice! Granted that is due to the conventions booked there, but if we continue to let Disney know that we want Adventure to be returned to us, Adventure may still be in our future at Pleasure Island, which is where it truly belongs.

Disney News: Winter 1986

PleasureIslandPreviewDisneyNews-Win.jpg

Some days you eat the mouse.
Some days the mouse eats you.
But never give into the mouse without a fight!

KUNGALOOSH!

Captain Hank

In recent financial news, Wong Enterprises (parent company of the House of Wong chain of Chinese restaurants) has reported a loss for the first time in 19 years. Declining egg roll sales are thought to be among the problems--up to 60% fewer sold versus the same time last year. They are, however, in talks with a number of pharmaceutical companies regarding medicinal applications for duck sauce and hot mustard.

Love 'em Mills, the makers of Jinkies brand cereals has reported a similar, dire financial situation. However, the Love 'em Mills Research and Development Department is hard at work on a re-branding initiative. Due to the unique, aerodynamic beveled edges on their cereal products, the company is investigating possible military applications.

mkt

When a paradise is lost go straight to Disney™
Premium Member

To be fair, none of those restaurants actually actually offer South American Cuisine.

Mexican and Cuban with some generic Central American... and poorly done at best.

CaptainMichael

Just thought I'd keep this thread alive and post another Disney News article featuring the pre-construction times of Pleasure Island and remind everyone to please continue to send in letters, e-mails, phone calls, ect. to Disney Executives to let them know to "Return Our Adventurers Club". I went by there a few days ago, and it looks like it can reopen at a moments notice! Granted that is due to the conventions booked there, but if we continue to let Disney know that we want Adventure to be returned to us, Adventure may still be in our future at Pleasure Island, which is where it truly belongs.

Thanks for the article. PI is described in the article like their current and very vague "bold new vision". Why not just keep the basic forumla, but refurb/replace some stuff?

chaggy102

In recent financial news, Wong Enterprises (parent company of the House of Wong chain of Chinese restaurants) has reported a loss for the first time in 19 years. Declining egg roll sales are thought to be among the problems--up to 60% fewer sold versus the same time last year. They are, however, in talks with a number of pharmaceutical companies regarding medicinal applications for duck sauce and hot mustard.

Love 'em Mills, the makers of Jinkies brand cereals has reported a similar, dire financial situation. However, the Love 'em Mills Research and Development Department is hard at work on a re-branding initiative. Due to the unique, aerodynamic beveled edges on their cereal products, the company is investigating possible military applications.

Ah poor House of Wong....:ROFLOL:

Master Gracey

Original Poster
Thought I'd link this here for the core audience:

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=364071

No need to hide this links content. Any news about the club is helpfull. What this link leas to is this:

For the drinkers out there:
Although the doors are still closed, Pleasure Island will be serving the Adventurers Club's famed frozen drink the Kungaloosh! today (10/18/08) across the Street from the Club at the Laffers Bar for one day only. (Yes, a few of the outside bars on P.I. are still open!) If it sells well, then who knows?¿? Ex club bartender "Jungle Juice" George will be bartending so tip well or he may pull the plug on the machine himself! :) Get there early before they sell out!

KUNGALOOSH!!!!
ºoº

Hopefully it gets enough support to be added back to Pleasure Islands new, and unfortunately limited drink menu. Who know, if the drink is brought back, hopefully the Adventurers Club will follow suit.

KUNGALOOSH!

TOCPE82

From what I gather, equity performers actually work all over property, they just have a "home" assignment.

I know Merchandise CMs do it this way, you're assigned to an actual store, but you can work at any store in a given area, and can pick up shifts anywhere on property to make extra $$.

Master Gracey

Original Poster
Actually Sugar, and Blade have gone to Velcro and I belive Snoopy is joining them as well.

KUNGALOOSH!

chaggy102

It's hard to believe that a month ago we were going through the final week of the Adventurers Club...unreal. Just seeing how many of you guys are still sending letters...I know I'm still sending a few each week...hey if they brought back the Kungalooshes whos saying they can't bring back the club?

Since1976

This is the first defunct Disney offering which I am truly sad about never having had the chance to experience.

My wife and I had the chance to on our honeymoon in 2002, but we decided we were too tired and took the bus home instead. By our next trip, we had a child and no one to watch her. This next trip in December could have been our chance, since we will have antoher family member willing to watch our kids.

I really do hope Disney changes its mind and re-opens the club. It would be a sign of good faith to the fans and to those of us who have a renewed interest in it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom