Rumors Clarified

Status
Not open for further replies.

Epcot82Guy

The physics of it works to hold approximately 4. You have to determine square footage, which, just as in basic math, is length times width (i.e. length by width). You then divide the entire area by the amount you need. That is correct. However, that would (a) stack everything right on top of one another, leaving no room for queues, shops, pathways, etc. and (b) would mean the area is perfectly squared off. On the other hand, this involves, as several people have pointed out, saying that all E-tickets have footprints this size. It also relies on us using ONLY the 20kL footprint only. Granted, the outbuildings and Drive are back there, but roads and outbuildings can easily be relocated. Granted that does not free a ton of space up, but it certainly would add. However, we now deal with the trail issue since 20kL was filled in (a very dumb move IMHO).

Basics of this whole thing is that the possibility of fitting 3 E-tickets is high. The probability, not nearly as high. The point: Disney (at least in the past) does the impossible and unthinkable. While physics are necessary, a hugh space like that could turn into any number of things. Until proven impossible, I will simply wait and see and I simply suggest we all do the same. I personally am all for one giant E-ticket mountain with a mini-land around it (i.e. 2 or 3 small C and/or D-Tickets) with a smaller D or E ticket attached to ToonTown Fair. But, that's just my imagination...

Let's dream it people, and say no unless it is ABSOULTELY impossible.

MarcV

I am of the mind that whatever it is, please let it be great. I would love to have one great ride or show instead of three mediocre. Maybe a great ride and a great show. How about a little mermaid ride using the wet dry system(I believe one was in the works many moons ago for Disneyland Paris) and a version of Disneyland's Snow White musical show, both ride and show would fit....theme wise and maybe they can finagle it size wise. If push came to shove I would rather take the ride though.

MarcV

Dr.Seeker said:
What's a dry wet show?

it is a technology where it seems that you are under water when in realiy you are not, I believe that this is what they use at Tokyo Disneyseas for their 20,000 leagues ride. The idea is to combine these ride vehicles with a dark ride. Can anyone else explain this a bit better?

goofyman

DisneyFans! said:
Here's an idea...

Why don't the mods start a new section just for the arrogant experts who clearly don't have the patience to suffer through posts from the rest of us who - gasp - once in a while hear things that may or may not be true and wonder if others have heard the same thing!!!!!!!!

I mean people, get a life. The poor sap just posted something a CM said - who freakin' cares if its TRUE or not?????

Thrawn, why don't you just fly to Florida, find the CM and get it off your chest that way rather than wasting everyone else's time with you sarcastic drivel about the exact square footage of various ride buildings - nobody cares!

I've been coming to this board for over a year now because it has, in my estimation, the best information and is the best source of future developments that I've seen on the web. It also has some of the most generous posters of video and photos (Thimblekisses comes to mind) that I've seen. But it just ain't worth the agravation anymore. Disney is about fun and imagination and being happy. It's not about crushing enthusiasm with withering, dismissive sarcasm.

See ya.
Well said! Couldn't have said it better :sohappy:

dkrfla

I know...lets use the land and build a debate hall so we can all argue over what Disney is doing next. Hopefully it won't get too close to the Ego-Land pavilion right next door.

D~

TimeTrip

peter11435 said:
Actually Juliana is correct. If the site is .1 miles by .1 mile then it is .01 square miles. while Star Tours building is .040 miles by .065 miles and is .0026 square miles. there is room for ~3.8 Star Tours size attractions.

Yep, and "x" does mean multiplication when you're trying to find how much land is taken up in square units (whether its square feet, or miles, etc.)

AngryEyes

TimeTrip said:
Yep, and "x" does mean multiplication when you're trying to find how much land is taken up in square units (whether its square feet, or miles, etc.)

People, people, let's stop using facts and mathematical truisms. Well, unless you're putting a rumor in the rumors forum, in which case they must be confirmed, even though if they're confirmed, they're no longer a rumor, so...wait, what's the rumor forum for again? Oh, yeah, to get crucified any time you actually post one. I remember now.

SirGoofy

I really hope Monster's Inc from DCA does not come to WDW. I don't have very high hopes for the ride.

I'm all for bringing JttCotE. it is an awsomely themed ride, and would fit perfectly as a segway from Fantasyland and Tomorrowland. I would also like to see the Pooh area stay. I know, I know strike me down if you want, but I've read that it will be wonderfully themed and it is a perfect rest spot for parents. I would also like to see The Alice in Wonderland Maze from DLP come to this spot. Another cool attarction could be a Robin Hood darkride. i think Robin Hood is an extremely underused Disney movie, and it could be a great dark ride.

peter11435 said:
Actually Juliana is correct. If the site is .1 miles by .1 mile then it is .01 square miles. while Star Tours building is .040 miles by .065 miles and is .0026 square miles. there is room for ~3.8 Star Tours size attractions.

Yep, she's right:) lol...ok that was my 2 cents for today:)

Pongo

mikeymouse said:
What is an E-ride?

A ride that (in the old days) required/would require an E-Ticket to ride.

Examples of E-Rides: The Three Mountains, Mission: Space, Test Track, Dinosaur, Tower of Terror, Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, etc.

Slipknot

Pongo said:
Examples of E-Rides: The Three Mountains, Mission: Space, Test Track, Dinosaur, Tower of Terror, Rock 'n' Roller Coaster, etc.

Basically the rides with more "thrills."

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
At the end of the day, as per my composites I linked to earlier, you could fit WDW`s Space Mountain, and virtualy all of Splash Mountain on the 20k site, with room to spare. 2 huge E tickets. Just go for one and have 2 simulators too. And a meet n greet :lol:

There is plenty of space.

peter11435

Slade said:
Basically the rides with more "thrills."
Not exactly, at one time POTC, HM, and even the CBJ were considered E-ticket attractions. The term really refers to the most popular attractions not those with the most thrills.

Lee

Adventurer
*sigh*
Top on my list of people not to believe regarding rumors: Tour Guides.

I remember taking Backstage Magic a couple years ago, and was telling folks around the lunch table that Food Rocks was going to close to make room for Soarin. The tour guide had no clue, and actually went to make some calls to try to disprove my story.

Didn't work, obviously. :cool:

Sadamxalp

Thrawn said:
Thats strange, because they aren't building ANY Monsters Inc ride. They are overlaying the old Superstar Limo ride with a Monsters Inc theme. So, according to the CM, we are getting some Monsters Inc theming without a ride to go with it?
yes they are. there buliding Monsters Inc the ride in the old superstar limo building. it isnt JUST getting the overlay but its getting the ride. dont try to be a smart alic.

MagicalMonorail

Original Poster
I would like to apologize for making anyone upset by posting these rumors. I'm just relaying a message, as some people here have realized, but others feel the need to prove me wrong. Oh well. I think the best thing to do with this situation is save the thread, and when something happens in the future, we will know who is and who is not right.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
MagicalMonorail said:
I would like to apologize for making anyone upset by posting these rumors. I'm just relaying a message, as some people here have realized, but others feel the need to prove me wrong. Oh well. I think the best thing to do with this situation is save the thread, and when something happens in the future, we will know who is and who is not right.

You don't need to apologize, as you have done nothing wrong. We appreciate you reporting what you were told.

Discussion forums with a large and diverse user base will always have varied opinions on a subject, with some members better able than others to express their point of views. Some will just say a rumor isnt true, some will just say accept it as fact, and others will argue it out, or present information to dispute. This is the nature of a large forum. Sometimes it works out for the better this way, and others it can be a rough ride.

Some members here are trying to point out that information that is received from CMs in the parks is not always very reliable. It is therefore important to have a balance, and to just point out to people that just because a CM says something will happen, it doesnt mean it will. People who are new to Forums/Disney often take the slightest hint of information, however speculative it may be, and will take that as gospel. If for some reason it doesnt work out, they then become angry at DIsney for not implementing what was supposedly fact.

So in a nutshell, your info is appreciated, and you shouldnt feel afraid or sorry for posting anything like this. Just be aware people will discuss, dispute, agree, and occasionally argue about any rumors and speculation.

MagicalMonorail

Original Poster
Thank you for responding Steve, I appreciate it. Now I feel that I can post another thing that the tour guide told me. I hope this is something we can all be happy about:

Eddie Murphy will not be moving into the Haunted Mansion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom