Rumors Clarified

Status
Not open for further replies.

General Grizz

Eeyore said:
My point is that bringing those types of comments into the thread does nothing but cause the thread to disintegrate into name calling and pointless arguing. If someone says something that upsets you or offends you take it up privately with them. I'm done discussing this.

I would like to see one or two new AA's added to pirates and an upgrade in the sound system but a huge rehab adding many AA's would be a bit over the top. Maybe I just don't like change. :lol:
I'd like to see more AAs - and the rumor of an additional scene - just because our version pales so much in comparison to Disneyland's. Their burning city, for example, features a bunch of the old World of Motion animatronics, whereas ours features about 7 or 8 figures.

Of course, I'm talking about non-movie pirates. :lookaroun :p

Thrawn

Account Suspended
General Grizz said:
I'd like to see more AAs - and the rumor of an additional scene - just because our version pales so much in comparison to Disneyland's. Their burning city, for example, features a bunch of the old World of Motion animatronics, whereas ours features about 7 or 8 figures.

Of course, I'm talking about non-movie pirates. :lookaroun :p

Thats because the AAs are so expensive. I hate to think what Splash Mountain would have been like if they didn't have the AAs from America Sings.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Thrawn said:
Uhm, mousemerf made a post saying that 3 e-tickets could easily fit in the space. I replied (with proof) that they wouldn't.

I didn't say it would be easy, but it would be possible.

I also knew saying Star Tours would bite me in the . Rather than the "Star Tours" building we all know and love in MGM, with an extensive themed queue, lets change gears a little a think moreso Body Wars - same exact ride system.

Go google yourself up the wonders of life and only calculate the space used by the bigger of the two blocks connecting to the Wonder building. That's how big Body Wars is in its entirety - and thats how big the functional part of Star Tours is.

Also, Rocket Rods were an E-ticket, and a similiar concept could be constructed and "zooming through" 2 other larger rides and the general area. You can stack rides - something Disney used to do with Tomorrowland and has been looking at with future concepts.

But, I maintain it is possible for 3 e-tickets. There is no size requirement for an E-ticket. How about we settle on 2 E's and a D?

I bet you could fit Philharmagic in there with 2 E's pretty easily.

JPVonDrake

Thrawn said:
Thats because the AAs are so expensive. I hate to think what Splash Mountain would have been like if they didn't have the AAs from America Sings.

Do keep in mind that the Audio-Animitronic characters from America Sings were used in Disneyland's Splash Mountain only. Walt Disney World's and Tokyo Disneyland's Splash Mountains uses all new figures.

Thrawn

Account Suspended
JPVonDrake said:
Do keep in mind that the Audio-Animitronic characters from America Sings were used in Disneyland's Splash Mountain only. Walt Disney World's and Tokyo Disneyland's Splash Mountains uses all new figures.

Yes, but the other Splash's wouldn't have had the AAs if the original hadn't had them.

Thrawn

Account Suspended
mousermerf said:
I didn't say it would be easy, but it would be possible.

I also knew saying Star Tours would bite me in the . Rather than the "Star Tours" building we all know and love in MGM, with an extensive themed queue, lets change gears a little a think moreso Body Wars - same exact ride system.

Go google yourself up the wonders of life and only calculate the space used by the bigger of the two blocks connecting to the Wonder building. That's how big Body Wars is in its entirety - and thats how big the functional part of Star Tours is.

Also, Rocket Rods were an E-ticket, and a similiar concept could be constructed and "zooming through" 2 other larger rides and the general area. You can stack rides - something Disney used to do with Tomorrowland and has been looking at with future concepts.

But, I maintain it is possible for 3 e-tickets. There is no size requirement for an E-ticket. How about we settle on 2 E's and a D?

I bet you could fit Philharmagic in there with 2 E's pretty easily.

Uhm, yes. However, I'd like to have 1 ride with theming than 3 without. If you leave off the rest of the ST or BW buildings, you'd just have a simulator. Thats not Disney Quality.

Juliana

Thrawn said:
No. According to Google Earth (formerly Keyhole) the 20k area was less than .1 mile by .1 mile (rounded up, and made square.) This includes part of Magic Kingdom Drive and part of the walkway before the lagoon was taken out.

I cannot accurately measure SSE, because of the huge honkin geosphere over the top. However, I will use Star Tours to compare. Star Tours measures .04 by .065 (rounded down, and made square)

So, thats
.100 x .100
vs
.040 x .065
.040 x .065
.040 x .065 =
.120 x .195

By using your "tiny" footprint, three will not fit. Heck, you can barely squeeze in two. With the things Disney would have to build (gift shop, probably a couple quick service food stands, a bathroom probably) you might not even get two in the area.

I can post pictures showing this, but its late.

As to the OP: How am I being negative? Because I am not naive enough to believe some lies told to you by a CM?

Hey,

When you do this - multiply each of the dimensions by 3 - you are actually multiplying the total area by 9. The correct way to calculate this would be

.040 x .065 = .0026
.1 x .1 = .01

.01 / .0026 = ~3.8

So, if all the attractions were to be the same size as Star Tours, there would be place for almost 4 of them.

:wave:

Dr.Seeker

True, it's quality over quantity. A game of let's imagineer! Not Let's see how many we can cram on the old sub lake.
I'm sure Disney will not let us down. *laughs nervously*
Plus I think some people forget that an E-Ticket ride does not have specific dimensions. So it's wrong to use an e-ticket as a specific size-to qualify as one it has to be an awesome ride.

MagicalMonorail said:
Thrawn, why are you always so negative? It seems every time I see one of your posts, you are putting someone else down. If you have made cheerful and/or positve posts in the past, then I apologize. By the way, I do know who Thrawn is. I read the Star Wars books. :wave:

The "ignore" feature on this forum is a beautiful thing. Try it, you'll like it- I know I do.

Thrawn

Account Suspended
Juliana said:
Hey,

When you do this - multiply each of the dimensions by 3 - you are actually multiplying the total area by 9. The correct way to calculate this would be

.040 x .065 = .0026
.1 x .1 = .01

.01 / .0026 = ~3.8

So, if all the attractions were to be the same size as Star Tours, there would be place for almost 4 of them.

:wave:

Uh, no, thats not correct. By your math, the buildings are getting smaller ... The symbol 'x' when used in length and width means "by" not multiplication.

Thrawn

Account Suspended
Dr.Seeker said:
True, it's quality over quantity. A game of let's imagineer! Not Let's see how many we can cram on the old sub lake.
I'm sure Disney will not let us down. *laughs nervously*
Plus I think some people forget that an E-Ticket ride does not have specific dimensions. So it's wrong to use an e-ticket as a specific size-to qualify as one it has to be an awesome ride.

Exactly. Especially when, you have to figure in things like walkways. I'd rather see one "mountain" quality ride than a couple of simulators. Though I doubt TWDC will ever build a Star Tours type simulator again, since the technology is so out of date.

Two ideas that would be good in the area:
1) A Spiderman type ride, you can do Monsters Inc, or maybe an old classic movie. Or maybe something based on Chicken Little or Cars, depending on how they do.
2) JttCotE, from DisneySea. Replace one J.V. attraction with another.

Dr.Seeker

Good idea, it doesn't have to be part of Fantasyland, it could be Tomorrowland
or a mini land a la "A Bugs Land" at DCA. I don't mean a clone, but the same size thing.
I don't know really

peter11435

Thrawn said:
Uh, no, thats not correct. By your math, the buildings are getting smaller ... The symbol 'x' when used in length and width means "by" not multiplication.
Actually Juliana is correct. If the site is .1 miles by .1 mile then it is .01 square miles. while Star Tours building is .040 miles by .065 miles and is .0026 square miles. there is room for ~3.8 Star Tours size attractions.

Juliana

Thrawn said:

Look at this image, and then you can your own conclusions.

As you see, the total space would be 0.1 x 0.1 ; the red rectangles are 0.040 x 0.065. We can fit three of them with lots of free space there, of course changing one dimension or another.

And I know x means "by"; but if we want to find the area size, we multiplicate the dimensions, don't we? The numbers are smaller only because.. oh well. You would accept 200.000 square miles as a area for a building with 1000 x 200 miles, wouldn't you?

espao0mb.gif

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Thrawn said:
Uhm, yes. However, I'd like to have 1 ride with theming than 3 without. If you leave off the rest of the ST or BW buildings, you'd just have a simulator. Thats not Disney Quality.

Theming is not a matter of space. Body wars is completely seperate from the Wonders dome - you could tear down the dome and the only thing lost would be the "exterior queue" that loops around behind the store (with minimal theming) and the mural which could be put onto the show building itself. The queue and ride are all housed outside the dome.

WeLComeHomE OKW

i personally love the idea of the PoTC getting a major overhaul, its about darn time....things can be classics... fine, but disney is all about innovation, and continuing tradition by creating new things. I think its perfect and will draw alot of crowds. (why dont they spruce up the intensity of the ride while they're at it)

I also think the 20k will not have 3 E-rides, because i have a small feeling that kids will actually like the play area they will put up, still leaving lots of space for other things to go there. Pooh and Friends are some of Disneys most popular characters of all time, right below Mikey and Friends,

thinking that the world revolves around us older people who are obsessed about disney is naive in itself. Disney is all about the family and ppl who come together to have a good time, the only reason disney is making all these thrill rides lately is because they want to compete with the other parks around them. Therefore, I think that when the time is right Disney will most likely keep the little play area and add 1 or 2 marvelous rides next-door. probably themed around a movie of some sorts...and monsters inc is smart, even though i hate clone rides, only because
a) it is fantasy
b) pixar is incredibly hot right now...disney has been taking advantage of this fad
c) even though clones kinda suck, they have been succesful
and plus....all these rumors wont be happening until a couple years, so relax! sit back and enjoy all the new things right now (sipping lemonade) :cool:
G

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom