Rumors Clarified

Status
Not open for further replies.

Captain Chaos

I took time to read your post. Mine took forever to write. But I am stressing to those who do read my post:

BEFORE YOU KNOCK WHAT MY FRIEND TOLD ME, PLEASE TAKE THESE AS RUMORS AND NOT FACT. SHE ADMITS SHE DOES NOT HAVE FIRST HAND KNOWLEDGE. BUT SHE REPORTED TO ME WHAT SHE HAS HEARD AS A CM.

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Bad show! Dxer, that should've been it's own thread, with plenty of room for people to badmouth it and get all whiny and cranky. ;)

All kidding aside... this is one exhausting thread to read. And to sum it all up.... rumors were posted, lots of p***ing and back-and-forth badgering, and at the end of the day, nothing changes. :lookaroun

Look, we can debate until our fingers bleed, but the only ones who really know what's going on don't post here (well, a few post here.... :D ), because they are too busy DOING WHAT WE TALK ABOUT.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
If we can dream, then they might do it...

Nice post, dxer. thank you. Hey, Jay! Read it!

At least some of my worst fears are unfounded... now about WoL. Clean it. Update it. REOPEN it! If management are still twiddling their thumbs about WoL and CoP then there is still hope. ish.

SirGoofy

1) Yea, I kinda figured that...
2) I'm glad, they have a lot as it is.
3) Hope they finish it soon. I plan to stay there with my friends next June.
4) YAY!

Studios:
1) The deal is up, so I expected this.
2) I hope the show stays a little longer. I really enjoy it.
3) Let's hope for KH, which will do very well in sales. I know I'm buying it.
4)I really hope the Backlot Tour is demolished. I personally think it is the worst attraction on Disney property and a huge waste of space.
5) Please, for the love of God, no podracing...

AK:
1)JTTCOTE! Please, oh please, let this rumor come true!
2) Never liked Tarzan. Hope the new show is better.
3) It would be a nice addition, but I'm hoping for Beastly Kingdom.

Epcot:
1) WS needs something else then.
2) Epcot needs a parade. I'm hoping for the return of Tapestry, but I doubt that will happen.
3) Again, WS needs something.
4) UoE is great in my opinion, but it could use some sprucing up. I just hope they don't change the ride system/story.
5) WoL needs to be ripped down IMO. It is soooo outdated.
6) SSE needs a nice, long refurb. Just for cleaning/updating AAs and scenes.
7) Booooo! Bring back DREAMFINDER!

LoisMustDie

dxer07002 said:
I spoke to my CM friend last night and directed her to this thread to read.. She couldn't believe how people on this board knock and belittle anyone who has a different opinion as theirs. She also couldn't believe how certain two people think they know it all when it comes time for Disney.
Good Heavens! You mean people actually SPEAK THEIR MIND on this forum?! Shocking!!!

Everything posted on your friend's little manifesto has been common knowledge on this forum for weeks now. There is absolutely nothing in here that we (and me especially) don't already know. But we appreciate the effort...and no that wasn't sarcasm.

And I find it curious that most of these rumors are extremely general, such as "the future of COP remains cloudy." Well, yeah. Anyone could have told you that. Attempting to be vague enough so that if something resembling the aforementioned vague comment happens, it seems like it was correctly forecasted. But I guess we can't expect anything more from someone who is not "in the know."

dxer07002 said:
Again, take this for what it is worth. RUMORS ONLY..... Thrawn and LoisMustDie, I am sure you will have a lot fo negative things to say about this post. But, I expect nothing less from you two.
When have I pretended that rumors are not rumors? Please feel free to point to any examples. Actually, I have been the most vocal in making sure that everyone knows that what a CM says is nowhere near to being set in stone.

And I find it strange that you would seek to undermine my comments by attempting to predict them beforehand. The question is: why? Are you afraid that the CM's argument is not strong enough to withstand a small does of REALITY? You are certainly afraid of something...or else you wouldn't have put me down in such a school-yard fashion.

And thank you for being so subtle about the two "know-it-alls." Are you suggesting that I shouldn't share my knowledge with the group? A thousand pardons for being realistic. :rolleyes:

imagineer boy

LoisMustDie said:
Good Heavens! You mean people actually SPEAK THEIR MIND on this forum?! Shocking!!!

You have got to be kidding me. People can speak their minds on this forum, but not in a way that can hurt other people's feelings. This is how several forums members have been banned. By being rude. Which is what you and Thrawn are.

Bravesfn1

LoisMustDie said:

Everything posted on your friend's little manifesto has been common knowledge on this forum for weeks now. There is absolutely nothing in here that we (and me especially) don't already know. But we appreciate the effort...and no that wasn't sarcasm.

Chill out LoisMustDie. You are entitled to your opinion, just speak in a less rude way. Why do you have to be confrontational about it and so dismissive of people? You may disagree and they may be wrong about their rumor, but I don't understand the level of anger in your post. Why are you so angry? I think it is silly to get all upset about things that probably will not happen. Speculation that's all. It's just Disney World, nothing to get so angry at people over. Lighten up.

Captain Chaos

First of all LoisMustDie, you shoudl be the one to grip reality. Family Guy is a cartoon and Stewie is a cartoon character, not a real person. Kinda of bad they you try to emulate his attitude. Last time I saw someone try to imitate others was, oh, from a 8 year old I coached in baseball when they tried to copy the attitude of some wrestlers.

And yes, I was referring to you and Thrawn as the two know it alls on this board. No one here pretends to know all the inside info and no one here pretends to know exactly what Disney will do. But, you and Thrawn seem to know it all. Maybe you guys are Iger and Eisner in disguise???

YOUR QUOTE "And I find it curious that most of these rumors are extremely general, such as "the future of COP remains cloudy." Well, yeah. Anyone could have told you that. Attempting to be vague enough so that if something resembling the aforementioned vague comment happens, it seems like it was correctly forecasted. But I guess we can't expect anything more from someone who is not "in the know."

As I stated in my post, my friend said these are RUMORS not fact. She never pretended to know everything or anything. She said this is what she heard. And yes, things she said have been posted on these boards for months now. But the key word here is RUMOR. She isn't management so she doesn't have knowledge. She simply told me what her and other CMs talk about or have heard around their workplace. If you are old enough to work, I am sure you hear rumors about things your company or plaec of work may or may not be doing. Same thing here. So, relax.

YOUR QUOTE: "And I find it strange that you would seek to undermine my comments by attempting to predict them beforehand. The question is: why? Are you afraid that the CM's argument is not strong enough to withstand a small does of REALITY? You are certainly afraid of something...or else you wouldn't have put me down in such a school-yard fashion."

There is a difference between a small DOSE of reality and you being totally rude to people's comments. Am I afraid the argument is not strong enough? Dude, read the post again. I was not making a case or argument for any of these rumors to be true, etched in stone things Disney is doing. Again, read the paragraph above. I stressed RUMOR not fact. You on th eother hand, take rumors people hear, and say FOR FACT, none of it will happen. The only fact is YOU DO NOT KNOW!!!! Heck, i do not know and my CM friend does not know. NO ONE KNOWS WHAT DISNEY IS PLANNING OR WILL DO!!!! So, Stewie, stop pretending like you know.

You come off as a very rude person. Expressing your opinion is fine, but you need to back off with making fun of others. I respect everyone's opinion, and we are all entitled to it. If we disagree with something a board member posts, we state our opinions TACTFULLY, unlike you ad Thrawn. You guys think you are always right and everyone else is wrong. You know as much as we do with what Disney will do, and well, that is pretty much NOTHING!!!! And I predicted your comments beforehand based on your other rants.. And well, I was right. I vote LOISMUSTDIE as MR. DISNEY KNOW IT ALL...

Now, for everyone else who read the above post from my friend, you all understand these are rumors and feel free to discuss them in a manner Little Stewie wannabe doesn't understand.

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
Why can't EVERYONE just play nice!? This type of bickering was exactly what I was hoping to avoid and why I made my previous posts. I'll never understand why people feel the need to be so nasty to each other on a WDW message forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom