Rumors Clarified

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eeyore

Mrs. WDWMAGIC [Assistant Administrator]
Premium Member
llrain said:
he/ she sounds like one of those people who think they have all the information about everything and they are always right and everything else is wrong until they verify it themselves..
or just seem plain arrogant
I mean what the heck is all this measuring garbage posted here...was this asked for? way too much we needed to know

Can't everyone just play nice? This post isn't very helpful in the discussion. People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

These are interesting concepts and rumors, please continue the discussion.:) :wave:

KevinPage

They consider CoP to be a "classic" but want to essentially overhaul PoTC, which is more beloved classic? Doesn't seem to make much sense and highly doubtful that would happen.

Disney doesn't want CM's talking about projects that haven't been announced so I find it highly skeptical anything he said (or would actually know).

:D

Here's an idea...

Why don't the mods start a new section just for the arrogant experts who clearly don't have the patience to suffer through posts from the rest of us who - gasp - once in a while hear things that may or may not be true and wonder if others have heard the same thing!!!!!!!!

I mean people, get a life. The poor sap just posted something a CM said - who freakin' cares if its TRUE or not?????

Thrawn, why don't you just fly to Florida, find the CM and get it off your chest that way rather than wasting everyone else's time with you sarcastic drivel about the exact square footage of various ride buildings - nobody cares!

I've been coming to this board for over a year now because it has, in my estimation, the best information and is the best source of future developments that I've seen on the web. It also has some of the most generous posters of video and photos (Thimblekisses comes to mind) that I've seen. But it just ain't worth the agravation anymore. Disney is about fun and imagination and being happy. It's not about crushing enthusiasm with withering, dismissive sarcasm.

See ya.

Enderikari

MagicalMonorail said:
I was able to ask our tour guide, who was really awesome, about some of the rumors that have been floating around.

Who was your Tour Guide? Frankly, a lot of what he told you is just rumor, speculation, or wishful thinking. He got your hopes up on several points & needs to be told not to do that again.

KevinPage

AEfx said:
I think the general public would be very happy to have more small-scale dark rides in Fantasyland - and so would I. Even if they were no more technologically advanced than Pooh, or their Anaheim counterparts, they'd still be a welcome addition.

AEfx

That's all I'm looking for. Fantasyland needs to have more of a compelte feel. DL has rides all over the place, it makes MK feel totally bare.

CaliSurfer182

imagineer boy said:
-The 20K site will indeed be turned into Pooh's Playground. However, this is temporary. The guide said that there is room for 3 E-rides. He said one of these will PROBABLY be a Monsters Inc. ride. It also will probably be a copy from the ride they are building in Disneyland.

As much as I hate the idea of a Pooh play ground, putting in Monster's Inc is simply unbelievable. It would be very out of place in Fantaseyland. How out of place would a giant exterior of the monster's inc factory in the middle of a European fantasey village look? The Imagineers know better than this. It would be better off at MGM. And for the love of all that is holy, NO MORE CLONES!!!!

When I read the first post in this thread I have to admit I thought the monsters ride (if built in fantasyland) is a huge mistake, but then I thought about it. The building might not look like the other buildings or fit in with them, but the over all concept does. I mean monsters are part of every kids fantasies at one point or another. They are make believe.

Although I totally agree with the last portion of this paragraph........NO MORE CLONES (lets leave those to Star Wars)........please can we have a little diversity. I am not asking for a new ride immediately, just eventually. I would rather them use the land for something new and great down the road, then something used and economical now.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Thrawn said:
No, there isn't..

Erm.. there is.

Take a look at this
thread, and scroll down - the composite of 2 of the MK`s largest E Rides.

Plus an E Ride dosn`t have to be a coaster....

gibsonc

UK Disney Geek
marni1971 said:
Erm.. there is.

Take a look at this

I agree - Google map the area in red is the land used by 20k and the area in green is open for possible development to site a show building.

ibadrumhead

Account Suspended
ARE THERE ANY CAST MEMBERS IN HERE? I MEAN WE COULD SETTLE THIS BY ASKING THEM. I CURRENTLY HAVE RES. AT ALL STAR MUSIC FOR OCT 10-15 OF THIS YEAR. AND ALL THOUGH I AM A THRILL SEEKER I HOPE AND PRAY POTC IS STILL UP THEN!!!!
DID THEY (ON THE TOUR) HAPPEN TO SAY WHEN AT THE END OF THIS YEAR THIS WILL TAKE PLACE????

Melerella

I come to these forums to share ideas, rumors, stories, and pictures. But why do some hound others for things they heard? I don't understand it. Can't we all just enjoy a discussion, whether it's far fetched or not?

ibadrumhead

Account Suspended
does anyone know if these changes will be done before or after oct this year? i have res for oct 10-15 and if we dont get to ride potc i will be sad!!!!!!!!!! badly i love thrill rides but come on ppl this is like a land mark for disney leave it alone!!!!!!!!so to those who disagree, but come on you dont see mcdonalds changing the big mac!!!! keep what your known for and prceed from that!!!!!!!!

Eeyore

Premium Member
DisneyFans! said:
Here's an idea...

Why don't the mods start a new section just for the arrogant experts who clearly don't have the patience to suffer through posts from the rest of us who - gasp - once in a while hear things that may or may not be true and wonder if others have heard the same thing!!!!!!!!

I mean people, get a life. The poor sap just posted something a CM said - who freakin' cares if its TRUE or not?????

Thrawn, why don't you just fly to Florida, find the CM and get it off your chest that way rather than wasting everyone else's time with you sarcastic drivel about the exact square footage of various ride buildings - nobody cares!

I've been coming to this board for over a year now because it has, in my estimation, the best information and is the best source of future developments that I've seen on the web. It also has some of the most generous posters of video and photos (Thimblekisses comes to mind) that I've seen. But it just ain't worth the agravation anymore. Disney is about fun and imagination and being happy. It's not about crushing enthusiasm with withering, dismissive sarcasm.

See ya.

Two wrongs don't make a right, I'm not really sure how your post is any better than any of the others you're complaining about. This is a DISCUSSION forum with over 22,000 members, so opposing points of view should be expected. Also, not everyone is going to be nice all the time, even though I encourage people to be nice as often as I can! You may even find that there are people you don't like. However, I don't feel that anything in this thread was nasty or out of line, so I'm really not sure what all the drama is about.

I don't see any reason to discourage people from doing additional research to support their point. If anything it should be encouraged.

So maybe we can all stop complaining about each other and continue the discussion? :wave:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
marni1971 said:
Erm.. there is.

Take a look at this

Thats an excellent thread and set of composites Martin, nice work! That defiantely shows the amount of land that is available on this site, which appears considerable.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
ibadrumhead said:
does anyone know if these changes will be done before or after oct this year? i have res for oct 10-15 and if we dont get to ride potc i will be sad!!!!!!!!!! !!

At the moment it is rumor/speculation, nothing is officially confirmed at this point. It is very unlikely anything will happen before your trip.

imagineer boy

CaliSurfer182 said:
When I read the first post in this thread I have to admit I thought the monsters ride (if built in fantasyland) is a huge mistake, but then I thought about it. The building might not look like the other buildings or fit in with them, but the over all concept does. I mean monsters are part of every kids fantasies at one point or another. They are make believe.

You do have a point, but Fantaseyland is just any plain old fantasies. Its based off of disney's animated films which were based off of old European stories and literature. Therefor, that's why it is made to look like a mid-evil european village where magic and enchantment exists. Monsters inc just won't work in fantaseyland. Because you have the huge factory of modern technology and heavy metal instead of quaint gingerbread cottages.

For the 20k sight, personally, I'd first demolish toon town. Its just so sad and cheap compared to DL's. Then, expand it into the 20k sight for more room. Make it very similar to DL's but some different rides to give it uniqe-ness. I'd also consider a mary poppins attraction to be put into the space, and put in a Pinoccio ride ride next to the village hause.

homer424

Eeyore said:
Two wrongs don't make a right, I'm not really sure how your post is any better than any of the others you're complaining about. This is a DISCUSSION forum with over 22,000 members, so opposing points of view should be expected. Also, not everyone is going to be nice all the time, even though I encourage people to be nice as often as I can! You may even find that there are people you don't like. However, I don't feel that anything in this thread was nasty or out of line, so I'm really not sure what all the drama is about.

I don't see any reason to discourage people from doing additional research to support their point. If anything it should be encouraged.

So maybe we can all stop complaining about each other and continue the discussion? :wave:

Discussion is one thing, being snarky and rude to those who think they are doing right by posting what they think is clarification to the rumors is another. You see one thing, I see another, that is perfectly ok. But to scold 2 people as you did, I think was just as wrong.

Ah, well, this is the reason i went into lurkdom last year. The "experts" were allowed to speak to you in any fashion they chose, but if you dared to stand up to them in anyway, you were slapped on the wrist for "making the situation worse" or told to "stop complaining". Back to lurkdom I go.

Eeyore

Premium Member
homer424 said:
Discussion is one thing, being snarky and rude to those who think they are doing right by posting what they think is clarification to the rumors is another. You see one thing, I see another, that is perfectly ok. But to scold 2 people as you did, I think was just as wrong.

Ah, well, this is the reason i went into lurkdom last year. The "experts" were allowed to speak to you in any fashion they chose, but if you dared to stand up to them in anyway, you were slapped on the wrist for "making the situation worse" or told to "stop complaining". Back to lurkdom I go.

I wasn't intending to scold anyone, I was attempting to remind EVERYONE.

Eeyore

Premium Member
homer424 said:

My point is that bringing those types of comments into the thread does nothing but cause the thread to disintegrate into name calling and pointless arguing. If someone says something that upsets you or offends you take it up privately with them. I'm done discussing this.

I would like to see one or two new AA's added to pirates and an upgrade in the sound system but a huge rehab adding many AA's would be a bit over the top. Maybe I just don't like change. :lol:

Thrawn

Account Suspended
llrain said:
he/ she sounds like one of those people who think they have all the information about everything and they are always right and everything else is wrong until they verify it themselves..
or just seem plain arrogant
I mean what the heck is all this measuring garbage posted here...was this asked for? way too much we needed to know

Uhm, mousemerf made a post saying that 3 e-tickets could easily fit in the space. I replied (with proof) that they wouldn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom