Rockin not starring Aerosmith anymore??

disneytopdog

Unkadug hit the nail on the head at the begining of this thread. "Its Rock N Roll" not "Kiddy Rock"

Look at history, the Jonas brothers as a band will go the way of Hanson, 98 degree, New Kids on the Block, N-synch, and others as will Miley Cyrus. They are flash in the pan, flavor of the day.

In a few years they will all be forgotten. As do most teen stars. Really not what a corporation wants to get behind in the long run.

Lee

Adventurer
More like, "Livin Thing", "Roll Over Beethoven", "Do Ya", "Mr Blue Sky", "Sweet Talking Woman"

Xanadu was Olivia Newton John
And their most recent hit was when? 1981, I think.
Olivia Newton John did the singing for the film Xanadu, ELO supplied the music.
xanadu_soundtrack.jpg

I'm not knocking their music or anything, they had some good songs.
However, they are nowhere near as well known or popular across broad demographics as a band would have to be to replace Aerosmith on RnRC.

I'm kinda still chuckling at seeing "ELO" and "Updating" used in the same post.:lol:

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
And their most recent hit was when? 1981, I think.
Olivia Newton John did the singing for the film Xanadu, ELO supplied the music.
xanadu_soundtrack.jpg

I'm not knocking their music or anything, they had some good songs.
However, they are nowhere near as well known or popular across broad demographics as a band would have to be to replace Aerosmith on RnRC.

I'm kinda still chuckling at seeing "ELO" and "Updating" used in the same post.:lol:

I really wasn't serious, just jumping on the what-if bandwagon. Thinking more along the lines of tempo and energy level than timeliness.

Lee

Adventurer
I really wasn't serious, just jumping on the what-if bandwagon. Thinking more along the lines of tempo and energy level than timeliness.
I got that.
What made me do a double take was:
Electric Light Orchestra would be amazing. Their name alone opens up tons of possibilities for updating the ride itself.

sarah91182

Update as in something different. If Aerosmith's contract is up, why not have a variety of bands? It's definitely a classic rock kind of ride, and that's a very good thing. I would not mind flying through the attraction to say, maybe, The Beatles "Revolution". :sohappy:

slappy magoo

I think the smartest thing to do, for the long-term, is one of these two:

A: WDW should invent a fictional band, a bunch of muck-ups, who have a once-in-a lifetime opportunity to get their music heard by a big shot exec as an opening act (no worries about appealing to some music-lovers while alienating others with a band not to everyones' tastes - besides, everyone can identify with that one-in-a-million shot at stardom fantasy). The ride is their wild attempt to get to their gig in time to be seen by the big shot - heck, they can make it seem like the commandeered the big shot's limo to get to the gig on time.

B: Spinal Tap reunion. Tap finds out there's about to be a memorial concert in their honor produced by Marti diBergi...except they're not dead, and the ride becomes a race to get to the memorial in time to set the record straight. This way, the ride will be INTENTIONALLY funny.

pilka214

i like aerosmith now, and if it were ever to change i'd want to see someone like KISS or Guns and Roses.... you have to put in a band that's been around for a while....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom