Rockin not starring Aerosmith anymore??

bgraham34

Dont get me wrong I like JB and Miley but if they replace Aerosmith, I can't take the ride seriously!:mad:

The only part I can agree with you here is " but if they replace Aerosmith, I can't take the ride seriously!". Those two artist do not have the staying power no matter what. Plus not everyone around the world knows who they are.

Ashitaka

Can you picture that?
I just threw the Muppets out there in response to Slappy Magoo's suggestion of a fictional band. Disney already has the rights to a fictional band and one that won't quickly go out of fashion.

I certainly don't think Aerosmith will be leaving DHS. Why would they not want to re-sign their contract? It's not like they are selling a whole lot of records these days. Having a ride featuring them at Disney is certainly a feather in the cap, or, er, a scarf around the neck(?) for them.

And why would Disney replace them? They are one of the few bands that will work for this ride. They have real rock cred, are not a current three-hit band that no one will remember in four years, still exist and tour, and are no longer likely to hit the tabloids in any major scandals.

That said, if Aerosmith did leave the RnR, Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem as replacements would be an interesting idea. It would be a fairly easy switchout (other bands would be even easier though - just change the filmed piece and the coaster soundtrack).

First you Muppet-up the que a bit. Then the film is much the same as it is now, just with Kermit standing in for Illeana Douglas and the Electric Mayhem standing in for Aerosmith (with one joke referencing the Toxic Twins). There would be typical Muppet gags, many featuring Animal. Kermit realizes they are late for their concert and suddenly Gonzo reappears dressed as a chauffer offering to get us all there.

The loading area has many Muppet touches and the limos are repainted to ressemble something Gonzo might drive.

The coaster soundtrack features both music and Muppet dialogue (Kermit: "Gonzo! You missed the exit!" Gonzo: "Don't worry - I know a short cut!" Janice: "You're messing up my hair!" Animal: "AAAARRRHHHH!" and so on). The dialogue might randomly change each different ride. The ride scenery would largely remain the same, just with a few Muppet touches, such as passing the Swedish Chef's Hollywood restaurant.

And the unloading zone could also have some recorded dialogue, such as Animal screaming, "AGAIN! AGAIN!"

As for the facade, just make some additions to the upside down limo: Gonzo behind the wheel in a chauffer's cap, Kermit and the band screaming in the seat, and Animal car-surfing on the trunk.

The only real problem is that it would be out of place on Sunset Boulevard.

hokielutz

The only part I can agree with you here is " but if they replace Aerosmith, I can't take the ride seriously!". Those two artist do not have the staying power no matter what. Plus not everyone around the world knows who they are.

Bingo...

If Aerosmith is to be replaced, then it should be replaced by a group with some staying power and a lot of history. Not one of the up and comers, especially from the pop genre.

hokielutz

I just threw the Muppets out there in response to Slappy Magoo's suggestion of a fictional band. Disney already has the rights to a fictional band and one that won't quickly go out of fashion.

I certainly don't think Aerosmith will be leaving DHS. Why would they not want to re-sign their contract? It's not like they are selling a whole lot of records these days. Having a ride featuring them at Disney is certainly a feather in the cap, or, er, a scarf around the neck(?) for them.

And why would Disney replace them? They are one of the few bands that will work for this ride. They have real rock cred, are not a current three-hit band that no one will remember in four years, still exist and tour, and are no longer likely to hit the tabloids in any major scandals.

That said, if Aerosmith did leave the RnR, Dr. Teeth and the Electric Mayhem as replacements would be an interesting idea. It would be a fairly easy switchout (other bands would be even easier though - just change the filmed piece and the coaster soundtrack).

First you Muppet-up the que a bit. Then the film is much the same as it is now, just with Kermit standing in for Illeana Douglas and the Electric Mayhem standing in for Aerosmith (with one joke referencing the Toxic Twins). There would be typical Muppet gags, many featuring Animal. Kermit realizes they are late for their concert and suddenly Gonzo reappears dressed as a chauffer offering to get us all there.

The loading area has many Muppet touches and the limos are repainted to ressemble something Gonzo might drive.

The coaster soundtrack features both music and Muppet dialogue (Kermit: "Gonzo! You missed the exit!" Gonzo: "Don't worry - I know a short cut!" Janice: "You're messing up my hair!" Animal: "AAAARRRHHHH!" and so on). The dialogue might randomly change each different ride. The ride scenery would largely remain the same, just with a few Muppet touches, such as passing the Swedish Chef's Hollywood restaurant.

And the unloading zone could also have some recorded dialogue, such as Animal screaming, "AGAIN! AGAIN!"

As for the facade, just make some additions to the upside down limo: Gonzo behind the wheel in a chauffer's cap, Kermit and the band screaming in the seat, and Animal car-surfing on the trunk.

The only real problem is that it would be out of place on Sunset Boulevard.

Very interesting concept and some great ideas for theming and story flow. But you are right that it would be out of place on Sunset Blvd, Muppets already have their own attraction and plaza, and it would look a little looney to see some zany muppets right across from the ToT.

magicmaya

I bet they won't be popular in 2 years anyway.That's what happened to the rest of the disney channel stars like Raven.Since the Hannah Montanna series is ending, her popularity might start decreasing.For the Jonas Brothers, they are making a new series called J.O.N.A.S when I saw a preview of that show it looked like they were embarissing themselvs on national television.They were singing this song called"I fell in love with the pizza girl." Their popularity will go down in a few years.I like them but I hope they're not as famous.I just hate how overly obsessed their fans are! It makes me sick!:hurl:

EpcotServo

I say nuts to it all. If they HAVE to change, put Beatles on the trains and put some trippy Yellow-Submarine-esque props and lighting in the Gravity Building and call it the "All you need is Love & Rollin' Coaster"

:lol: :p

JimJam

Rockn Not Starring Aerosmith any More??

Aerosmith is a great band:sohappy:. It is fun for all Ages:ROFLOL:. I dont know why they would want to replace Aerosmith with Miley Cyrus:eek: or The Jonas Brothers:fork:. Duhhh.:hammer:

1disneydood

How'bout "Polka Coaster" starring Lawrence Welk? :lookaroun
They could pump bubbles through the attraction and the music could be acordian style.

Seroiusly though, what about Kiss Coaster? Everybody knows them, and they're cooler than Aerosmit too. :D Fire effects and pyro abound!:drevil:

Or what about American Idol coaster powered by Stitch.:lookaroun j/k :zipit:

Ozzy Ozbournes Crazy Train? They could use some bats from Ak. :slurp::D

Oh the possibilites:king:

kucarachi

I dont know if you can consider what the Jonas Brothers or Hannah Montana does is really rock. Its pop with guitars at best. If i have to listen to those winey Joe bros while doing corkscrews im gonna hurl!
Hannah Montana is far more popular but do you really want a girls only kinda roller coaster...it would have to be both of them....and besides that i think the clock is tick tocking on the jonas brothers......

But i do see the point aerosmith is one of the greatest american bands of all time but they havent done anything kids would know and does disney even know what the lyrics to walk this way mean? But i think you lose something by getting rid of a real band with credentials....not teeth whitener and power chords.

WDW Insider

There are no plans at this time to remove Aerosmith from Rock'n Roller Coaster. There are contingency plans in case an immediate change was absolutely necessary, but Aerosmith has been and continues to be a great piece of the story for the ride. Aerosmith remains a popular band in pop culture with the recent Guitar Hero game featuring them and an upcoming album in the works with all new material.

I haven't heard anything about it, but who knows, mabye we'll be needing to add a new track to the ride if they have yet another hit in the future :)

girlface

:(

Dont get me wrong I like JB and Miley but if they replace Aerosmith, I can't take the ride seriously!:mad:

Me neither,instead of riding through a big donut we will al be riding through a big purity ring! lol.

I dont mind them either but im embarrassed to admit it. Theres nothing cheesey about aerosmith.

I doubt its true,there not legends like aerosmith are. If there gonna replace aerosmith they should replace them with Run dmc or something. :D!!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom