Rockin not starring Aerosmith anymore??

SDav10495

I got that.
What made me do a double take was:
Quote:
Electric Light Orchestra would be amazing. Their name alone opens up tons of possibilities for updating the ride itself.

Ha, you're right actually...I hadn't considered that little paradox. Poor wording. I was just thinking their name lends itself well to a ride that's essentially a trippy electric light show set to rock, and what awesome lighting effects WDI could come up with to match ELO's music should they ever change the ride.

Obviously never going to happen for a number of reasons, but no, I didn't stop and think about what alternate universe we'd have to be in for an "update" to involve a band so old... :rolleyes:

macsmom

Update as in something different. If Aerosmith's contract is up, why not have a variety of bands? It's definitely a classic rock kind of ride, and that's a very good thing. I would not mind flying through the attraction to say, maybe, The Beatles "Revolution". :sohappy:

Taking off with Lennon screaming in your ear at the very beginning of "Revolution" would be so awesome. It kind of fits the ride's takeoff. Yes, I can see it.

danna

DisneyChik17

Oh, and for anyone saying The Beatles, while they are my favorite band, good luck landing that contract. Remember the Itunes crap they went through, just to have the right to sell the music and make them money. While if anyone could do it, Disney could, it would be a long shot. A very long one...

Figment571

One word, one band could only supply the exuberance and the sheer awesome that R'n'R could contain,

Queen

Too bad Freddie died....

really though listen to stuff OTHER than the Greatest hits and there is some other untapped jems that could be amazing, plus the ending of Bohemian Rhapsody, the rocking part is about as long as the ride itself, i have kinda timed it.

jonnyc

God said let their be a rollercoaster that also rocks..

And then their was Rock N Roller Coaster starring Led Zeppelin!

That would be the only non-Aerosmith ride i would accept. Aerosmith are a good band if you pick and choose, and god knows they have released enough Greatest Hits albums to do that!

DisneyChik17

That would be the only non-Aerosmith ride i would accept. Aerosmith are a good band if you pick and choose, and god knows they have released enough Greatest Hits albums to do that!

:hurl:
And that's all I have to say about that.

After hearing this, I vote for anyone BUT Led Zeppelin. If they got the ride, I would never ride again.

I support the fake band. That way we don't have a "I hate that band" issue. Just good music and a good ride.

plaz10

there is already led zeppelin coaster at hard rock park in myrtle beach, SC
it's set to "whole lotta love" and it goes upside down 6 times and films your whole ride so you can buy a tape. its called "Led Zeppelin: The Ride"
i thought it was a fun ride. but i much prefer RnRC.

Lucky

Hard Rock Park is currently closed, and apparently the bankruptcy court let it terminate its contracts with Led Zeppelin, Moody blues, Eagles etc. When it re-opens the rides will be themed differently.

bgraham34

Hard Rock Park is currently closed, and apparently the bankruptcy court let it terminate its contracts with Led Zeppelin, Moody blues, Eagles etc. When it re-opens the rides will be themed differently.

I was surprised it even got past the planning stage. It just did not seem like it would happen with all Hard Rocks problems in the past.

hokielutz

I think the smartest thing to do, for the long-term, is one of these two:

A: WDW should invent a fictional band, a bunch of muck-ups, who have a once-in-a lifetime opportunity to get their music heard by a big shot exec as an opening act (no worries about appealing to some music-lovers while alienating others with a band not to everyones' tastes - besides, everyone can identify with that one-in-a-million shot at stardom fantasy). The ride is their wild attempt to get to their gig in time to be seen by the big shot - heck, they can make it seem like the commandeered the big shot's limo to get to the gig on time.

B: Spinal Tap reunion. Tap finds out there's about to be a memorial concert in their honor produced by Marti diBergi...except they're not dead, and the ride becomes a race to get to the memorial in time to set the record straight. This way, the ride will be INTENTIONALLY funny.

I would say that if Aerosmith's contract could not be renewed, then go with option A from Slappy's suggestions. That way the coaster would still be RnR based, but would not trample on the toes of fans/non-fans of another big-name group that is selected.

That being said, keep Aerosmith for another contract period... the theme of the ride still works.

devoy1701

Didn't TSO provide the soundtrack for the recent Grinch stage show at Uni? Dunno if they would jump on that.

have you forgotten that 3 of the Tracks that they use for the Osbourne Spectacle of Dancing Lights are TSO tracks???

I think a TSO overlay would be pretty neat...doesn't seem like it would be a big deal to overlay the attraction itself...just get some new cutouts to put infront of the current ones.

it's the preshow, queue, and post show that would be troublesome...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom