Resort Pool Hopping

Status
Not open for further replies.

rpk4444

What are the rules for resort pool hopping? I'm staying at Caribbean Beach in August and my kids wanted to know if we could use other resort pools. I realize that the Beach/Yacht Club pool is off limits but, are there any other No No's?

kimmychad

I find it odd how many people are against pool hopping but condone parking at a monorail resort to avoid to the parking fees or bring in their refillable mugs back from a previous trip.

Upvote 0

007mickey

I find it odd how many people are against pool hopping but condone parking at a monorail resort to avoid to the parking fees or bring in their refillable mugs back from a previous trip.

Okay, I just got my popcorn so we can't let this end...kimmychad, you need to drop some names with the above statement. Come on, who you callin' out? Man, this is getting good.

Upvote 0

maggiegrace1

Not in the least bit. In fact, while I'm there, I don't think it's ever even crossed my mind. But to see how people try to justify doing something that they're not supposed to, just baffles me. Like the people who smoke wherever they want to. Seriously - How hard is it to just follow the rules?:shrug: I think it's ridiculous that I need to pay $20 for my 3 year olds to eat at Chef Mickey's, especially since they won't eat anything, but them's the rules.
No, you do not..We have gone to all you can eat on property and let them know that she was old enough but did not eat hardly anything on the buffeet and they did not charge us and let her share with us...we have even brought food in from somewhere else for her and they were fine with that and no charge..:shrug: That has happened several times..maybe we just got nice servers but you can ask.

I do not condone pool hopping or mug refilling..I could really care less though if people do it..but I do not advocate it.

Oh and I do not park at a resort to avoid the fees..I park there because unless it is a boat or a monorail I loathe Disney transportation...I always stay on property.:D

Upvote 0

captainkidd

No, you do not..We have gone to all you can eat on property and let them know that she was old enough but did not eat hardly anything on the buffeet and they did not charge us and let her share with us...we have even brought food in from somewhere else for her and they were fine with that and no charge..:shrug: That has happened several times..maybe we just got nice servers but you can ask.

Really??? Wow - That would make a big difference this year. My wife and I were just discussing this last night. I was thinking about asking this, but figured they'd say "Sorry". Maybe I'll give that a try.

Upvote 0

maggiegrace1

Really??? Wow - That would make a big difference this year. My wife and I were just discussing this last night. I was thinking about asking this, but figured they'd say "Sorry". Maybe I'll give that a try.
Yep!

Crystal Palace..we brought in corn dog bites from caseys for her
LTT- We took french fires from Pecos Bill..and she ate a little bit of mac and cheese from there but they gave me a plate for her for her fries and that also.
Ohana- We took in fries from Captain Cooks but they gave her a plate and brought her ice cream in a bowl for dessert and no charge.

You should ask..it never hurts and we have never been told no.

Upvote 0

captainkidd

yep!...
Crystal Palace..we brought in corn dog bites from caseys for her
LTT- We took french fires from Pecos Bill..and she ate a little bit of mac and cheese from there but they gave me a plate for her for her fries and that also.
Ohana- We took in fries from Captain Cooks but they gave her a plate and brought her ice cream in a bowl for dessert and no charge.

You should ask..it never hurts and we have never been told no.

Thanks! Definitely going to ask.

Upvote 0

sweetpee_1993

Boy, I'm sorry that I opened this can of worms.
Caribbean Beach is clearly the best mod. pool so I probably won't pool hop. And now I have guilt for even thinking about it.

You didn't know so don't take it personal. There's a whole laundry list of sensitive topics that generally get some real dirt-slingin' going. The pool hopping tends to be right up there with "Should I take my kid out of school for a trip to WDW", "Can I reuse my refillable mug from last year", etc. If you kinda notice the responses started out civilized and matter-of-fact but then people show up saying "You people over-react" and it gets ugly quick. Understandably in a way. But it is what it is. Just don't take it personal.

I'm glad that I joined. Well, I was...

Again, don't take it personal. There's all sorts of people on these forums. Sometimes the bugs will come crawling out of the woodwork just waiting for someone to unleash their wrath upon someone (not necessarily this thread...I'm more talking about other threads). Try to let the good folks be who you listen to and let the crappy folks flame away to deaf ears. Ya know?

Speaking of refillable mugs, I saw a guest fill his Popcorn bucket at POP last March.

Niiiiice. We stopped staying at POP mostly because of consistently deteriorating fellow-guest experiences. We ran into some really horrible people. A popcorn bucket. LOL! If I drank a popcorn bucket full of soda I'd pass out from the sugar-shock. LOL!

I really don't think that you be commenting on my parenting. In the case of us using PORFQ while we were staying at POP, we were invited over by a guest staying there. Did that make it right? No, but I was unaware of the rules.

If you're a guest of someone staying at that resort & they're with you I don't think that's so awful. Well, unless they invited over 20 or more people but that's bad form on their part. LOL! I think the parenting comments aren't to be a personal attack so much as it's to add another reason to consider when someone (not just you) is thinking of bending rules. Maybe that's a no-brainer to you & me but there's some that just don't think of that. It's also to point out the message a rule-bender sends to all kids, no just their own. I've had the situation come up a lot at Disney where my boys asked me, "Mom, they aren't supposed to do that. Why are they doing that?" And then I have to make the poor example of that person to them. Ya know?

Disney does not care what we do

I knew that was coming! :lol::lol:

To the OP, that was a reference to one of the last really ugly threads about pool hopping where someone came along and said it was okay because Disney doesn't care what they do. The thread got really funny really fast!

It's a thread drift but certainly worth mentioning. I've said it before and I'll say it again: I have a friend who is a server at LTT. He says it totally irks them when guests come in really blatantly lying about their kids' ages just to try to fly below the radar and/or save a buck. They don't like to be lied to. ((Who does, right?)) He said if parents come in and are honest, "Hey, Little Johnny is technically 10 but he would rather eat off the child's menu but if you have to charge me for the adult price it's okay", they don't mind just charging you the kids price. The honesty is appreciated. I imagine if you were just honest about "Hey, Little Johnny would rather not eat here so we brought him this other stuff" they should be accommodating. :animwink:

Upvote 0

nepalostparks

I think the parenting comments aren't to be a personal attack so much as it's to add another reason to consider when someone (not just you) is thinking of bending rules. Maybe that's a no-brainer to you & me but there's some that just don't think of that. It's also to point out the message a rule-bender sends to all kids, no just their own. I've had the situation come up a lot at Disney where my boys asked me, "Mom, they aren't supposed to do that. Why are they doing that?" And then I have to make the poor example of that person to them. Ya know?

Exactly my point. Couldn't have explained it better myself. Thanks! :wave:

Upvote 0

jeffk410

Right. So, if someone goes speeding down the highway doing 90 but doesn't cause an accident, who cares? Or, if someone robs a convenience store but no one was hurt, who cares?

All it says about the person complaining is they follow the rules and think others should as well.

I was with you. until this was said. Now I cant stop ROFL. that pool hopping was compared to that. Lets also compare it to the war. :brick: Cmon folks. lets just drop this topic. Disney has rules. Wether you follow them or not is your discretion. It might be wrong, but nothing in this world is perfect.

Upvote 0

njDizFan

topics that will incite flaming:
pool hopping
refillable mugs
chicken nuggets
test track sponser
monorail expansion
Walt's frozen head
parking in resorts
tipping
universal vs. Disney
posing 3 year olds as 2 to get in for free
bus driver/cm rumors
the sheriff
wdw74 posts
adventurer's club
DTD
Fast Pass
oh shoot what can we talk about:eek:

Upvote 0

captainkidd

I was with you. until this was said. Now I cant stop ROFL. that pool hopping was compared to that. Lets also compare it to the war. :brick: Cmon folks. lets just drop this topic. Disney has rules. Wether you follow them or not is your discretion. It might be wrong, but nothing in this world is perfect.

Of course they're not the same thing. I wasn't comparing the acts, but rather the attitude. There are many things people aren't supposed to do that they do. It doesn't make it right.

And if you were truly "rolling on the floor laughing", you need to get out more.:rolleyes:

Upvote 0

maggiegrace1

Of course they're not the same thing. I wasn't comparing the acts, but rather the attitude. There are many things people aren't supposed to do that they do. It doesn't make it right.

And if you were truly "rolling on the floor laughing", you need to get out more.:rolleyes:
Aww..you know you roll on the floor and laugh when you find things funny!...;):lookaroun:lol:

I always wonder if people really ever do..I can honestly say I never rolled on a floor because I was laughing so hard..p e e d my pants..yes!:lookaroun:D but roll on the floor..never!:shrug:

Upvote 0

captainkidd

Aww..you know you roll on the floor and laugh when you find things funny!...;):lookaroun:lol:

I always wonder if people really ever do..I can honestly say I never rolled on a floor because I was laughing so hard..p e e d my pants..yes!:lookaroun:D but roll on the floor..never!:shrug:

I never have either. I just assumed it was always a quick way of trying to insult someone. Doesn't interest me. I may not share the same opinion as someone else, but I see no reason to try and make them look bad. Lame.

Upvote 0

kimmychad

I do not condone pool hopping or mug refilling..I could really care less though if people do it..but I do not advocate it.

Oh and I do not park at a resort to avoid the fees..I park there because unless it is a boat or a monorail I loathe Disney transportation...I always stay on property.:D

lol no need to defend yourself to me I wasn't referring to anyone in particular in this thread, but as the topic of parking fees and resort mugs comes up every once in a while there have been some senior members that have defended it.

oh and I don't condone it either, I myself have never done it. To be asked to leave a resort for that would be mortifying to me. :wave:

Upvote 0

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Hmm, didn't know that. Thanks for letting me know, although saying its tacky might be an exaggeration.
If you didn't know it was wrong then why did you have to go "sneaking into the Yacht club and using the pool there" ? :eek: :drevil:
Wait, what? Ever since I was little we have been staying at the dolphin and sneaking into the Yacht club and using the pool there O.O

Except for our last trip, but that was because it was in winter.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom