Resort Pool Hopping

Status
Not open for further replies.

rpk4444

What are the rules for resort pool hopping? I'm staying at Caribbean Beach in August and my kids wanted to know if we could use other resort pools. I realize that the Beach/Yacht Club pool is off limits but, are there any other No No's?

captainkidd

all joking aside for the moment, can anyone point to a time when pool hopping was a problem for them, and by that I don't mean that the pool chairs were all taken on a busy summer day. I mean that the chairs were taken by people who were known to be staying elsewhere and on site without permission and they could not enjoy their pool time?

What does it matter? If someone snuck into the park thus creating longer lines at the rides, would you know it?

When we stayed at the Poly, we could never find an open chair. I'm sure there were some pool hoppers there. Look at this board alone and how many people could care less about what the policy is. Imagine how many more people that don't read here feel the same way.

Upvote 0

captainkidd

I don't mean to take this off topic, but what's the story on the Yacht/Beach Club pool?

It's the best pool on Disney property. They hand out wristbands to guests so they'll be allowed in to use the pool. Periodically, during busy times especially, the lifeguards will ask all guests in the pool to show their wristbands. If you don't have one, see ya later. It's done to keep out the pool hoppers.

Upvote 0

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I don't mean to take this off topic, but what's the story on the Yacht/Beach Club pool?
The yacht and beach club pool is the nicest pool on property. It has a great slide, a lazy river and a sand bottom. Because this pool was like a mini water park it became a popular target of pool hoppers. It got so bad that Disney was forced to put a fence around it and require resort ID to enter.

Upvote 0

MKCP 1985

What does it matter? If someone snuck into the park thus creating longer lines at the rides, would you know it?

Fact is, it's against policy, so it shouldn't be done.

it matters, Javier. :)

Assume some people do sneak into the park for a moment. Do you assume waiting for an extra ride vehicle or two because someone snuck into the park and got into a line before you did hampers your visit?

There was a time when Disney did not have a rule against pool hopping.

There are times of the year when rules are not enforced and Disney resorts are happy for the extra food/beverage sales out by the pool.

If people are harmed, it matters.

If nobody has been harmed but complain anyway, that says something about them. :lookaroun

Upvote 0

rpk4444

Original Poster
Boy, I'm sorry that I opened this can of worms.
Caribbean Beach is clearly the best mod. pool so I probably won't pool hop. And now I have guilt for even thinking about it.

Upvote 0

captainkidd

If nobody has been harmed but complain anyway, that says something about them. :lookaroun

Right. So, if someone goes speeding down the highway doing 90 but doesn't cause an accident, who cares? Or, if someone robs a convenience store but no one was hurt, who cares?

All it says about the person complaining is they follow the rules and think others should as well.

Upvote 0

redfive13

To summarize: it's wrong to do. Period.

But you'll probably still do it. So why are we still talking about this. If you want to do things that aren't allowed then don't publicize it and don't get defensive when you get called out.

Upvote 0

nepalostparks

Boy, I'm sorry that I opened this can of worms.
Caribbean Beach is clearly the best mod. pool so I probably won't pool hop. And now I have guilt for even thinking about it.

'Bout once a month somebody asks the question. Opinions on the subject... um... differ.

You are now aware of the official policy. What you choose to do with that information is up to you.

I'd debate you on Carib Beach being the *best* moderate resort, but that's for a different thread :p

Upvote 0

MKCP 1985

Right. So, if someone goes speeding down the highway doing 90 but doesn't cause an accident, who cares? Or, if someone robs a convenience store but no one was hurt, who cares?

All it says about the person complaining is they follow the rules and think others should as well.

You have something against Montana? :lol:

Okay, Captain. You've made your point. :lol: Just remember that while you are worrying about the behavior of people who may not even be impacting your day, it will be you who gets the ulcer, not them. :wave:

Upvote 0

Saoirse1916

It's the best pool on Disney property. They hand out wristbands to guests so they'll be allowed in to use the pool. Periodically, during busy times especially, the lifeguards will ask all guests in the pool to show their wristbands. If you don't have one, see ya later. It's done to keep out the pool hoppers.
The yacht and beach club pool is the nicest pool on property. It has a great slide, a lazy river and a sand bottom. Because this pool was like a mini water park it became a popular target of pool hoppers. It got so bad that Disney was forced to put a fence around it and require resort ID to enter.
Ah ha, never new that. I can see why they would have to be so secure! The last time I was at WDW there were only 4 hotels...perhaps I'll have to scout some of the new ones when I book our trip!

Upvote 0

captainkidd

You have something against Montana? :lol:

Okay, Captain. You've made your point. :lol: Just remember that while you are worrying about the behavior of people who may not even be impacting your day, it will be you who gets the ulcer, not them. :wave:

Not in the least bit. In fact, while I'm there, I don't think it's ever even crossed my mind. But to see how people try to justify doing something that they're not supposed to, just baffles me. Like the people who smoke wherever they want to. Seriously - How hard is it to just follow the rules?:shrug: I think it's ridiculous that I need to pay $20 for my 3 year olds to eat at Chef Mickey's, especially since they won't eat anything, but them's the rules.

Upvote 0

rpk4444

Original Poster
Ahh the dreaded pool hopping thread.

Like the others have said above, Pool Hopping, with the exception of POR/POFQ, is against Disney's policy. If you get caught, you will be required to leave.

Now can it be done? Of course... just like speeding on the highway. It's against the rules, but people still do it. It's not like Disney's pool security is tight as toast (except at the Yacht/Beach Club pool), but you have to ask yourself, is it worth the embarassment of being caught? Is it a good lesson to be teaching your kids that its ok to break the rules? Is it fair to the guests who have paid for their rooms at the resort and the right to use that pool?

I really don't think that you be commenting on my parenting. In the case of us using PORFQ while we were staying at POP, we were invited over by a guest staying there. Did that make it right? No, but I was unaware of the rules.

Upvote 0

captainkidd

I really don't think that you be commenting on my parenting. In the case of us using PORFQ while we were staying at POP, we were invited over by a guest staying there. Did that make it right? No, but I was unaware of the rules.

Well, now you know, and knowing is half the battle.....GI JOE!!!!

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom