Resort Pool Hopping

Status
Not open for further replies.

rpk4444

What are the rules for resort pool hopping? I'm staying at Caribbean Beach in August and my kids wanted to know if we could use other resort pools. I realize that the Beach/Yacht Club pool is off limits but, are there any other No No's?

SAV

Wow...I can't believe I read through all of this. This is what I got out of it...
1) Pool Hopping = BAD
2) Having your kid with you at a buffet or restaurant and eating something off your plate = good and isn't considered stealing.

Does that make sense? If they eat anything from the buffet(Whether or not is is on your plate), then shouldn't they be charged a fee? It is against the rules to do that. Wouldn't that be the same thing as pool hopping? You are taking part in something you didn't pay for. Why should you not have to pay and everyone else does?

And in that list of things to start a flame war, you forgot to add ....Strollers.

Upvote 0

mousefan1972

Being a BWV DVC member, there have been a number of times when we have seen people come in clearly from the parks to the BW change in the bathrooms and use the BW pool and slide,

I honestly think that the BW's proximity to Epcot and MGM causes ths and maybe it needs to be restricted to guests like BC and YC were some years back for the same problem. Its said when you get down to the pool and theres no place to sit even and people have clearly stopped by from parks. They even ask how to get places and whats around to eat.

I pay for the privilage of being there and I resent it if other people pool hop

Poly has the same problem, due to its proximity to MK and easy access from the monorail. And the pool theme is more appealing than CR or GF, so it seems to attract more pool hoppers than those resorts. That's why we don't stay at the Poly in the summer.

And I agree with your last sentence... but don't feel like getting su cked into an argument right now, so I shall leave it at that.

Upvote 0

WDW 3

Sooo. If we are staying at one resort and stop to shop at the Contemporary because they don't have shops like that at the Moderate resorts we need to go back to our home resort to use the bathroom?:ROFLOL:

Upvote 0

pax_65

Sooo. If we are staying at one resort and stop to shop at the Contemporary because they don't have shops like that at the Moderate resorts we need to go back to our home resort to use the bathroom?:ROFLOL:

I think it should depend on exactly what business you have in the bathroom. These rules need to be very specific. :lol:

Upvote 0

maggiegrace1

Wow...I can't believe I read through all of this. This is what I got out of it...
1) Pool Hopping = BAD
2) Having your kid with you at a buffet or restaurant and eating something off your plate = good and isn't considered stealing.

Does that make sense? If they eat anything from the buffet(Whether or not is is on your plate), then shouldn't they be charged a fee? It is against the rules to do that. Wouldn't that be the same thing as pool hopping? You are taking part in something you didn't pay for. Why should you not have to pay and everyone else does?

And in that list of things to start a flame war, you forgot to add ....Strollers.
That is why I ask before we go into a buffet if it is all right if I bring food for my daughter because she does not eat hardly any of the food off the buffet..and they have always said of course and do not charge her at all...if THEY choose to bring her dessert..for free..or they choose to give her a plate and say that she can eat macaroni and cheese from my plate or the buffet and do not charge her..then I am not going against the rules and am not stealing.

They are choosing to do that...I am not just doing it.

Would I ever not pay for her and let her eat off my plate without asking?..Nope..that is why I ask..:D

If they told me I would have to pay for her..then I would either not eat there or pay for her..:wave:

Upvote 0

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.

Its obvious, the better your resort the sweeter your pooh smells

Upvote 0

SAV

Nope..that is why I ask..:D

So if a pool hopper asks someone(a friend CM or an indifferent CM) if they can go in a different pool, that is OK? They asked. Even though they didn't pay for a moderate resort and would be taking up a chair or space of someone who did pay, that's OK? I ask because I read in the thread the one poster who got some flaming because they were invited to another resort pool. Not from you Dana, just in the thread.

I am equating this to the whole buffet deal. Why is one OK and not the other? Both are really not OK. Both are against the rules. Either one doesn't really effect Disney proper because the food on your plate would be tossed if not eaten and the pool water would still be there if someone is in the pool or not. Does it effect someone else? Yes...both could.

Heck, I'm all for getting something free whether it be an ice cream or an upgrade or whatever.

And realize, I am not picking on you. I'm just getting the pulse on this. Because I saw the OP get railed about asking a question. The high and mighty moral police(not you specifically) were out in force and jumping on this poor person.

Upvote 0

maggiegrace1

So if a pool hopper asks someone(a friend CM or an indifferent CM) if they can go in a different pool, that is OK? They asked. Even though they didn't pay for a moderate resort and would be taking up a chair or space of someone who did pay, that's OK? I ask because I read in the thread the one poster who got some flaming because they were invited to another resort pool. Not from you Dana, just in the thread.

I am equating this to the whole buffet deal. Why is one OK and not the other? Both are really not OK. Both are against the rules. Either one doesn't really effect Disney proper because the food on your plate would be tossed if not eaten and the pool water would still be there if someone is in the pool or not. Does it effect someone else? Yes...both could.

Heck, I'm all for getting something free whether it be an ice cream or an upgrade or whatever.

And realize, I am not picking on you. I'm just getting the pulse on this. Because I saw the OP get railed about asking a question. The high and mighty moral police(not you specifically) were out in force and jumping on this poor person.

Thanks...I just wanted to state my situation..:)

People get attacked here all the time for all kinds of things...and the moral police..:rolleyes: wait for threads like this.

In my opinion..if you ask the person who is in charge, a manager, a server, a teacher, a parent ..you get my drift..and they allow it then it is okay.

I personally do not really care if someone pool hops, reuses their mug, parks at resorts,gets their 4 year old in as a 2 year old etc....

Could it affect people?..yes!...do things like this happen every day in every day life?..yes!...does it make it right?..No

The thing is people are going to do what they want..and whether I think it is morally right or wrong..does not really matter.

I worry about me and my family while I am at the parks...I do not sit there and wonder if that person is reusing their mug from 2001 or if that really tall child in the stroller is 2 or 6.

Like I said before...I ask about Maggie at the buffets...before I go and dine there....but you know..I also park at the Poly and take a monorail to the MK and stay all day.

Right or wrong..it is my choice..if someone disagrees with it..then fine..is Maggie going to turn into a menace to society because she sees us parking at the Poly?..I doubt that..:lol: but if she would..I will have to deal with that when it comes to that and I will take full responsibility....:D

*waits to be called unfit*

:lookaroun:lol:

Upvote 0

kimmychad

My original comments were in the context of teaching my kids, of showing them a good example of integrity and honesty. Other than that I don't care what anyone else does either, unless it affects me personally. If you walk around judging other people (and many people do) you will make yourself crazy - and I'm not Mr. Perfect either.

That said, let me ask this:

Because Disney does not strictly enforce the terms of the transaction you agreed to when you purchased the mug, do you believe you have the right to ignore those terms?

If Disney didn't have a good system for checking the validity of an expired annual pass, would you continue using the same annual pass for years and years until it was finally rejected?

Where do you draw the line? At what point is it "stealing" a product or service from the company?

I want my kids to think about these kinds of issues before they make choices, not just take whatever they can get away with.

very thought provoking post, at least for me.

life isn't fair, and in life good and bad things happen to people who maybe sometimes don't deserve it. so yes, If Disney wanted to take my annual pass that expired 2 years ago, by all means please do. I would consider myself lucky and enjoy my day.

And you wanted to know where I would draw the line? I would consider it wrong to obtain something frauduently, like changing the numbers on a form or annual pass (if they worked that way).

Upvote 0

jformica

Pool Hopping

To answer your question in a reasonable way you'll have no problem pool hopping. Honestly, I did not know it was against Disney policy except for the Yacht/Beach club and have never come across a "keep out" sign. My family and I have been doing it for years. My wife and I have three children and pay the usual $5-$6000 a Disney trip to have fun and experience a great time. We have never gotten caught and I HIGHLY doubt anyone will say anything to you as there is no security. We've stayed at about every resort, from value to deluxe (except Contemporary and Grand Floridian) and have used every pool except the Yacht/Beach club. We're heading there next Friday for 10 days and staying at the Swann (1st time there). We will no doubt be using the Boardwalk pool (Keyster Coaster) and maybe sampling the new Animal Kingdom (Kindani village) pool. I know some other folks swear its Disney policy but my understanding from checking a few years ago to make sure we could start pool hopping is that only the Yacht/Beach club are off limits. The amount of money you are giving Walt you should enjoy any pool you want.

Upvote 0

pax_65

And you wanted to know where I would draw the line? I would consider it wrong to obtain something frauduently, like changing the numbers on a form or annual pass (if they worked that way).

A thought-provoking response also...

I personally would consider it "wrong" to use a pass that I KNEW was expired (a different story if I didn't realize it had expired, used it and got in). To me trying to get something I didn't pay for by using a pass I knew was bad would in itself be a "fraudulent" act.

Still, I respect the fact that you gave thought to it and that you do have a line of integrity that you wouldn't cross. I think a lot of people don't really care one way or another, which is kind of sad.

Good thread-drift! :)

Upvote 0

Mr. I. Crane

Just stay at your own resort! You know you shouldn't do it or you wouldn't ask. These are the same people that bring back their old mugs to use instead of buying new ones.

Upvote 0

captainkidd

To answer your question in a reasonable way you'll have no problem pool hopping. Honestly, I did not know it was against Disney policy except for the Yacht/Beach club and have never come across a "keep out" sign. My family and I have been doing it for years. My wife and I have three children and pay the usual $5-$6000 a Disney trip to have fun and experience a great time. We have never gotten caught and I HIGHLY doubt anyone will say anything to you as there is no security. We've stayed at about every resort, from value to deluxe (except Contemporary and Grand Floridian) and have used every pool except the Yacht/Beach club. We're heading there next Friday for 10 days and staying at the Swann (1st time there). We will no doubt be using the Boardwalk pool (Keyster Coaster) and maybe sampling the new Animal Kingdom (Kindani village) pool. I know some other folks swear its Disney policy but my understanding from checking a few years ago to make sure we could start pool hopping is that only the Yacht/Beach club are off limits. The amount of money you are giving Walt you should enjoy any pool you want.

From Disney's website:

"Please note that pools are for use only for Guests of that specific Resort hotel. Lifeguards are on duty at select pools during daylight hours."

Now you know.

Upvote 0

Goofygirl07

Pool hopping, refillable mugs, parking at resorts to get to the parks - Don't do it and don't ask about it on any Disney message board.:lol:

we wil be doing this at AKL in July since we have a 8 am ADR at Boma and it would be silly to drive back to the POP when we can just get to the parks from there. we will be back to get our car though.

anyways, a pool is a pool no matter what it looks like. its a hole in a ground filled with water that you get in to cool off. I don't care about pool hopping, its silly, Like i said a pool is a pool no matter the design.

Upvote 0

lilclerk

we wil be doing this at AKL in July since we have a 8 am ADR at Boma and it would be silly to drive back to the POP when we can just get to the parks from there. we will be back to get our car though.
Not that I care to get into a discussion like this, or care what you do :lol: but why not just drive to the park if you have your car? It'll still be faster than a bus.

Upvote 0

captainkidd

As the above poster said, why not just drive over to AK? Just a warning - When you go to resorts for meals, you get a visitors pass valid for 3 hours. They do monitor the parking lots. If your car is still there after that point - Adios amigos. Personally, I'd much prefer parking my car at AK (which will cost you nothing as a resort guest) as opposed to losing a day of my vacation trying to get my car back from the impound.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom