Resort Pool Hopping

Status
Not open for further replies.

rpk4444

What are the rules for resort pool hopping? I'm staying at Caribbean Beach in August and my kids wanted to know if we could use other resort pools. I realize that the Beach/Yacht Club pool is off limits but, are there any other No No's?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Resort pool hopping is not allowed. The only exception that comes to mind would be PORS and POFQ as they are sister resorts. In your case you would only be allowed to use the pools at CBR.

Upvote 0

captainkidd

That's not what I thought. We stayed at POP last year and had no problem using the PORFQ pool one day.

Plenty of people sneak their 3 year olds in as 2 year olds to avoid paying admission. Is it possible? Sure it is. You asked what the rules are. The rules are it's not allowed.

I don't understand why people still don't get this. Is it REALLY not common sense that pools are strictly for the use of that resorts guests?

Upvote 0

mousefan1972

That's not what I thought. We stayed at POP last year and had no problem using the PORFQ pool one day.

So then why are you even asking the question? You asked, and were told the answer is that Disney's official policy is that each resorts's pool is for the exclusive use of guests staying there. There are signs at each pool stating the policy. There a few cases where resorts share pools such as POR/POFQ and the All Starts.

Just because you don't like the answer or got away with it once before doesn't mean it's ok.

Upvote 0

nepalostparks

Ahh the dreaded pool hopping thread.

Like the others have said above, Pool Hopping, with the exception of POR/POFQ, is against Disney's policy. If you get caught, you will be required to leave.

Now can it be done? Of course... just like speeding on the highway. It's against the rules, but people still do it. It's not like Disney's pool security is tight as toast (except at the Yacht/Beach Club pool), but you have to ask yourself, is it worth the embarassment of being caught? Is it a good lesson to be teaching your kids that its ok to break the rules? Is it fair to the guests who have paid for their rooms at the resort and the right to use that pool?

Upvote 0

drossjr

You want a better pool pay the additional money and upgrade to a better resort or select a different resort each time.

If I am staying at a deluxe I dont want my pool getting filled with people from the Value resorts etc...:fork:

Upvote 0

ABigBrassBand

Wait, what? Ever since I was little we have been staying at the dolphin and sneaking into the Yacht club and using the pool there O.O

Except for our last trip, but that was because it was in winter.

Upvote 0

captainkidd

Wait, what? Ever since I was little we have been staying at the dolphin and sneaking into the Yacht club and using the pool there O.O

Except for our last trip, but that was because it was in winter.

Never saw any of the signs, or the gates asking for resort ID, or all the people with wristbands?

Upvote 0

captainkidd

Hmm, didn't know that. Thanks for letting me know, although saying its tacky might be an exaggeration.

I don't think so. Why should someone who is paying to stay at a particular resort not get to have a chair because someone who paid to stay at another resort is sitting in it?

Upvote 0

MKCP 1985

Pool hopping is tacky and fabulous.

:lol:

I agree with keeping the value guests away though. Pool hop from off site - the value hotels' pools are the best part of their resorts!

Upvote 0

hack2112

Can't we all just get along, sit in a circle, and sing the Imagination song together!?!?!?! :cry:

*Hops in your pools while you all sing* :lookaroun :lol:

Upvote 0

brkgnews

I pool hop while using last year's refillable mug and parking at the Poly to go to MK to sneak my 3-year old in as a 2-year-old so I can take flash pictures on dark rides with a Brazilian tour group.

Upvote 0

mousefan1972

I pool hop while using last year's refillable mug and parking at the Poly to go to MK to sneak my 3-year old in as a 2-year-old so I can take flash pictures on dark rides with a Brazilian tour group.

:sohappy: Win.

Doesn't the Poly pool get tight as toast, though, with all the pool hoppers in it??

Upvote 0

ABigBrassBand

I don't think so. Why should someone who is paying to stay at a particular resort not get to have a chair because someone who paid to stay at another resort is sitting in it?
Well we weren't sitting in anyones chair :lol:, just riding the slides and swimming.

It was convenient, it was right near MGM and EPCOT, and plus we were staying 1 hotel over, it was a quick walk. We never even stayed for too long anyways, under an hour, not a crime or anything.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom