Reporting from WDI

Thelazer

Actually there is ALOT of room above the coaster track. In fact, if you were to look from the ceiling down you would be QUITE freaking out at how high up you really are... and way way down below is the track. Plenty of open space. (not that I've done this... ahem)

There is also some shop space on the backside of the mountain, though not enough to do much with. But yea, I would say that you could double the size of the coaster track in there pretty easily.

dkrfla

Maybe what he is telling us is actually no secret at all. Perhaps he is allowed to divulge this information in order to generate buzz. It seems to be working because everyone here sounds like the que music in "Tough To Be A Bug" Whether you think it's true or not it could very well be a well thought out plan by Imagineering to get people talking. I don't know whether or not he is telling the truth or if he is an imagineer or not but I do know one thing. I am going to continue to read it and be fascinated by it and curious about it and use my imagination. That's what Disney magic is all about. I mean really would it be the end of the world if it was all just fantasy?

Thelazer

Yea, it is interesting this came out of nowhere, right after the "Potter" stuff was announced at Universal.

Maybe this is Disney's answer to it.. Hype up stuff that should have been done years ago, in an attempt to make it look like they are staying with the times?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I never realized there was that much room near Space Mountain...very interesting. What was the planned ride for the 3rd phase? I love hearing about the ideas that didn't quite make it...and how bits and pieces ended up in other attractions. I've heard about the Fire Mountain/Indy rumors, but not a Tommorrowland rumor... South of SM, you say? I'll have to google it and take a look for myself.
Here`s the thread where we discussed it (with a map)
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/showthread.php?t=171676

Lee

Adventurer
In the MK, from what I know, there are 2 areas designated for expansion outside the berm; the South East corner south of the PotC show building (Fire Mountain and Raging / Indy coaster rumours) and south of Space Mountain (a proposed dark ride was to have been built here in the cancelled Tomorrowland phase 3 of 1979-80)

I think you forgot one Martin. North of Space Mountain.

scpergj

I think you forgot one Martin. North of Space Mountain.

I was looking at Google Earth while reading this thread (checking the locations listed for rides, both at the Magic Kingdom and EPCOT), and was wondering about the plot to the north of SM, also. I figured that Martin left it off for a reason, but I would guess that since it was Lee that brought the location up...something you can share??:wave::p

Kevin

comics101

ReDisniey, could you please tell what you know about the Journey Into Imagination refurb talked about on the forums a little while ago? Is it still being talked about? Could it still happen, or was it always just a bluesky thing?
Thanks
Happy Father's Day!!!:)

mikeymouse

And in this bickering we're all forgetting the important thing here...

Casey Jr totally needs to be built somewhere at WDW!

Agreed!!! I love trains! I always wished there would be a stunt scene along WDWRR's route. That would be kewl! Like a mock train robbery like that scene in WoM.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Well, the good news is that if this is just a post from deepthroat at WDI doing some research, they'll see atleast 3 votes for a Casey Jr. :)

And for the record: Casey Jr or a new World showcase ride and i'd be happy.

scpergj

That's where the long walkway between toontown and the arcade is, right?

Actually, merf, no...the plot I'm talking about is still outside the train tracks, due north of SM, east of the Indy Speedway...

Lee, am I correct? Is this the plot you were talking about, too?

Kevin

DisneyparkFreak

Questions for ReDisniey E-Dew

Thanks for all your insight, but I have a question. I was a BBQ today with a friend of mine who I know his brother works for Disney out in California. He said that he was told about a Monster Inc ride being developed for the studios which is like the star tours simulator, but set in the door scene of the monsters inc. (the scene where Sully and Mike are trying to keep boo away from randal.) i always thought that would make a good rollercoaster sim. Have you heard anything about this. I think that it would be a cool e-ticket ride and would go great somewhere near toy story mania. hope to hear an answer soon.

Beauty_Belle

Has anyone see the current DVD of The Little Mermaid?" On the DVD there was a ride that almost was about the Little Mermaid. You can even "ride it." I would really love to see a ride about Sleeping Beauty, Ariel, Belle, Hercules, Mulan..... Actually anyone of the more recent movies with up-to-date audio-animatronics (like they did with Pirates).

Enigma

Account Suspended
Thanks for all your insight, but I have a question. I was a BBQ today with a friend of mine who I know his brother works for Disney out in California. He said that he was told about a Monster Inc ride being developed for the studios which is like the star tours simulator, but set in the door scene of the monsters inc. (the scene where Sully and Mike are trying to keep boo away from randal.) i always thought that would make a good rollercoaster sim. Have you heard anything about this. I think that it would be a cool e-ticket ride and would go great somewhere near toy story mania. hope to hear an answer soon.

There was/is a Monsters Inc. ride being developed for the studios but its not a simulator...its based on the Crush's Coaster ride system in use in paris.

DisneyparkFreak

Thanks, I know that a lot can be lost when there are multiple people involved. Maybe that is what my friend was saying. Is there any concept art released on the ride or any other specifics. I will have to check out the crush coaster on the web somewhere.

Shaman

Nah.
Just another plot. A wet one, not ideal, but large and rather inviting for an e-ticket.

One would hope (or at least I hope :lookaroun ) that some of the land around SM would be used for the addition of a DLP style launch into SM...or for the expansion of SM. I hope they at the very least replace the track.

There's also a HUGE plot of land that the IMO nonsensical Indy Speedway takes up... :lookaroun

:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

Also...I think if people are going to be "bold" enough to post rumors, they are probably ready (or should expect) for some degree of bashing especially if they can't really offer up much in the way of evidence to support their claims. It understandably comes with the territory.

Now I for one hope that a new e-ticket includes the addition of a new country to world showcase.

This is a fun thread! Many thanks to the OP. :D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom