Reporting from WDI

-SIR-

P.T. Barnum said it best - "There's a sucker born every minute."

I've been a member of these forums for over 5 years and have been reading them since 3 or 4 years before that. Bold posts like these are a dime a dozen and the posters come and go.

I'm not getting out-of-sorts. I just don't want new members to get their hopes built up that's all. We've seen before many times what actually becomes of these types of rumors. Some members may not remember the days of Beastly Kingdom, Fire Mountain and the endless 5th Gate rumors but I do. And looks what's become of those...nothing.

Actually ive been reading this board constantly for about four years as well, I remember allot of what you mentioned above and allot of those things nearly came into fruitation. I also remember talk of "stitch escape" with people saying it wouldnt happen (and we all know it probably shouldnt have)... my point is there are several things people have posted on here that people said would never happen and they do... sometimes things work in WDI and sometimes they don't.... thats part of what were here discussing. If it were not for people here like dew we would be discussing what a lovely shade of blue they painted the castles spires.... boring! Don't look at the cup as half full but don't look at it as half empty either... anything can happen.

JCorduroy

I think the important thing here is to do exactly what R. Dew said - take everything he posts with a grain of salt.

I've seen nothing to think he's a liar or that he's not telling the truth from what he knows. His posts are logical, and they aren't outlandish at all. I enjoy what he writes - it adds fun to the rumors board. :sohappy:

Jheyman

?

I agree with a lot of the above but I have to question two things, one why Lee/Corrus and any of the others haven't knocked all this down and they also haven't said it was true. This makes me think that maybe a lot of this is blue sky but still has some truth to it.....However I doubt the poster just the way I am.

Enigma

Account Suspended
Enigma I'm not sure where you get your sources...but at least this new insider seems logical....not to mention those in the know don't deny any of it... A Narnia attraction taking over fantasyland seems very illogical.

*groans*

I never said a narnia attraction was taking over fantasyland. I said the narnia e-ticket would be built on the space where 20k used to be and take up alittle bit of the surrounding area like Pooh's corner and possibly ariels grotto. The other project being looked at for that spot is a Tinkerbell miniland if the new direct to video series is a hit. There are many other proposals but I understand those are two with the most momentum behind them.

This news about Haunted Mansion being different night and day sounds far fetched. While I have no information, i'm going to lean towards bs. Even if we suppose its true this is probably what we can expect:

-The differences between night and day will be minimal because disney is too cheap to make a substantial difference between the two.

-The gimmick will probably be droped after a year once Disney's operation people get too lazy having to change it every few hours.

We are basically getting everything from California and I mean EVERYTHING including that hallway that you walk into when you first enter Disneyland's mansion and the paintings flicker with the lightning. We never had that but we will now its replacing our "Sinister Eleven" hallway. The seance room and attic will be just like californias and if it made the budget the spider scene has been replaced with a bunch of staircases like the M.C. Escher painting. These are all the changes being made the rest of the budget is for the refurbishment....new buggies, new audio system, fixed AA's, clean up, etc.

Although after the Pirates '"refurbishment" I have serious doubts they are going to fix all the problems with florida's mansion.

Jheyman

Um, I would suggest you learn a bit about the internet, as us American's can find out just about anything. Tracing an IP address is alot more simple than you may think, regardless of where a site is "out" of, and most law inforcement has access to software to give out such information, regardless if people cooperate or not. Windows has such safegards installed for extreme cases.

Thats a little over simplfying things. While yes it is simple for Steve to hand over IPs if he chooses to unkadug is correct that to force said company to you would need a supoena and then you are dealing with international law.

As far as safegaurds in windows I would love to hear what you are thinking about. I have worked in Information Tech with a focus in security for a number of years now so I would love to hear what you think one could find out from windows. Assuming that the person is more savy then an ordinary user.

I think you are wrong. You would have to get a supoena.

Not necessarily.

:shrug:

EDIT: 150th POST!!!

Lee

Adventurer
one why Lee/Corrus and any of the others haven't knocked all this down and they also haven't said it was true. This makes me think that maybe a lot of this is blue sky but still has some truth to it.....

Bingo. Just use that grain of salt, sit back and enjoy.

kcnole

As for the Epcot attraction, Kevin Yee mentioned a month or so ago that it looked like the Rhine River Attraction was being put back onto the table and was moving forward with some steam but that it would be several years out before it came into fruition, so that matches up with this post.

As for whether or not the poster has insider info, we'll just have to wait and see if anything that he has said comes to fruition or not. For now its interesting and like a lot of the people with bold proclamations that have come over the years, everything hes stated has been fairly low key on the news o meter and all seems logical.

And in response to this post.

If the info was to be leaked, Disney would have made an announcement, like they always do.

Companies often "leak" info to the press or to community boards like this to judge reaction as a sort of marketing research and to also build hype over time. There have been mentions lately that the company has taken a lot more notice to their community presence online and that they were going to work with that more. I would not be surprised at all if this is someone from within the company with permission to leak little bits of info that don't really give anything away but that are used to build excitement and to judge reaction.

You know, I very much enjoy reading ReDisniey E-Dew's posts. They may or may not be true, but it's fun and (at least for me) lets my imagination go Disney-wild. I really hope the posts continue.
It seems like some people here take things way to seriously.:lol:

djkidkaz

Companies often "leak" info to the press or to community boards like this to judge reaction as a sort of marketing research and to also build hype over time. There have been mentions lately that the company has taken a lot more notice to their community presence online and that they were going to work with that more. I would not be surprised at all if this is someone from within the company with permission to leak little bits of info that don't really give anything away but that are used to build excitement and to judge reaction.

And they are probably reading this like "what the hell, would you guys start talking about the leaked info and not whether this is a credible post!!"

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Back to the OP...

Real or not, it`s interesting - and more to the point possibly / probable to a degree. Back to the discussion we had a while back about expansion plots:

In the MK, from what I know, there are 2 areas designated for expansion outside the berm; the South East corner south of the PotC show building (Fire Mountain and Raging / Indy coaster rumours) and south of Space Mountain (a proposed dark ride was to have been built here in the cancelled Tomorrowland phase 3 of 1979-80)

The 20K plot is well inside the berm; even with unlikely and very costly expansion of the onstage area it would need Fantasyland to triple in size to get anywhere near the railroad.

Over at World Showcase, going clockwise, there`s the Denmark v2 / Costa Rica plot between Mexico and Norway, the Equitorial Africa plot due south of the servcie marina, an empty plot next to this and Germany, the half built Rhine River hanger in Germany, the Switzerland plot, the gondola ride plot behind Italy, Japan has its Carousel Theatre / CircleVision / Mount Fuji hanger behind it, and there is a plot either side of Morocco. Technically, the temporary Millenium tent (as in Disney-Temporary) could go but there`s too much clear land to use first, even if it does use the UKs Vaudaville theatre space, and Soarin' encroached on Canada.

If the clipboard peeps from Glendale were indeed seeing how much space there really is to use, my bet would be on Japan, Germany or Canada. Or if you read another thread in this forum it`s for a restaurant for Japan. Boring.

Exciting times ahead - or if we listen real hard we`ll hear the laughter from Flower Street in the UK :D

mousermerf

Account Suspended
I want to say a lot of this seems like a mis-mash of various things that are going in some form or another..

Japan is clearing out the upstairs of Mitsukoshi. That's true. Japan is also, for reasons unknown, clearing some of the land at the very rear of the plot between it and Morroco. Japan is also building a connection in the buildings that make it it's rear fascade. The 2nd floor tunnel and other areas are to be a new breakroom, offices, and storage for the restaurants.

They could also be building outward for the storage space, but I really doubt it'll become a dual kitchen.

mickeysgal

Back to the OP...

Real or not, it`s interesting - and more to the point possibly / probable to a degree. Back to the discussion we had a while back about expansion plots:

In the MK, from what I know, there are 2 areas designated for expansion outside the berm; the South East corner south of the PotC show building (Fire Mountain and Raging / Indy coaster rumours) and south of Space Mountain (a proposed dark ride was to have been built here in the cancelled Tomorrowland phase 3 of 1979-80)
The 20K plot is well inside the berm; even with unlikely and very costly expansion of the onstage area it would need Fantasyland to triple in size to get anywhere near the railroad.

Over at World Showcase, going clockwise, there`s the Denmark v2 / Costa Rica plot between Mexico and Norway, the Equitorial Africa plot due south of the servcie marina, an empty plot next to this and Germany, the half built Rhine River hanger in Germany, the Switzerland plot, the gondola ride plot behind Italy, Japan has its Carousel Theatre / CircleVision / Mount Fuji hanger behind it, and there is a plot either side of Morocco. Technically, the temporary Millenium tent (as in Disney-Temporary) could go but there`s too much clear land to use first, even if it does use the UKs Vaudaville theatre space, and Soarin' encroached on Canada.

If the clipboard peeps from Glendale were indeed seeing how much space there really is to use, my bet would be on Japan, Germany or Canada. Or if you read another thread in this forum it`s for a restaurant for Japan. Boring.

Exciting times ahead - or if we listen real hard we`ll hear the laughter from Flower Street in the UK :D

I never realized there was that much room near Space Mountain...very interesting. What was the planned ride for the 3rd phase? I love hearing about the ideas that didn't quite make it...and how bits and pieces ended up in other attractions. I've heard about the Fire Mountain/Indy rumors, but not a Tommorrowland rumor... South of SM, you say? I'll have to google it and take a look for myself.

ricksouave

Here we go again:

- Per request, here's a report on the pop-up ghosts in the attic scene at Haunted Mansion in Magic Kingdom. First of all, the entire scene right now is gone. The bride is being replaced, the pop-up ghosts and their mechanisms are gone... everything - gutted. The pop-ups are being replaced by new suitors who will operate at an angle so that they come towards the omnimovers before "disappearing." To compensate for the more startling appearance of these ghosts, the characters have been made made to look less frightful as they come towards you... during the day. *The rest as been removed as an afterthought due to my not wanting to reveal any new story plots*

- Interested in knowing why Magic Kingdom hasn't had any public leaks or discussions as to future E-Tickets to be built? The reason is that the refurb for Space Mountain scheduled for late next year and beyond is going to cost mucho dinero (exact refurb dates to be determined), and is equivalent to what an ordinary E-Ticket ride would feature as its budget. However, I am getting a look later next week at some concepts for the next new E-Ticket to be built for MK... the location is already designated and will once again be outside the railroad tracks.

- While Rock'n Roller Coaster is down, we've taken the opportunity to switch out the license plates on the trains. CMs may or may not be aware of this, but we've had reports of small, unrelated groups wanting the sick thrill of riding in the exact seat in which the young boy passed away while riding R'nRC (due to an unknown heart defect). While this isn't going to be widely broadcast - for obvious reasons - we can take comfort in knowing that this morbid goal is pretty much unattainable now.

- One thing we're currently working on is designing a new martial arts show which will prominently feature one singular style of martial art. This is something we've wanted to do for a while, so several of us are pretty happy about it.

- A very prominant imagineer is heading up a new E-Ticket ride for the World Showcase. The ride concept is simply awesome and I'll share some very, very vague nuggets with you in my next post. If this one is approved, it won't be open for at least the next 4 years though, so don't get too excited just yet.

Eat your salt, but don't forget the sugar :)

Wow... it's just so great to hear those things here...

Thanks a lot for your posts (i almost never post ... ) but you info is quite cool

SWatsi

- One thing we're currently working on is designing a new martial arts show which will prominently feature one singular style of martial art. This is something we've wanted to do for a while, so several of us are pretty happy about it.

I hope that might come true. I'm a big martial arts fan (and former Karate Blackbelt), and have always wished for a show of this type.

Oh and the other stuff is interestring too.

scottnj1966

You would have to work in a dept that was actually working on this stuff.
If that was true wouldnt you be fired when they caught you telling secrets?

How are you getting away with this? Or are these just rumors you are hearing?

jedimaster1227

Well I hope they do a totally grand redo of Space Mountain. Right now it only uses 50% of the building!

You really do make me laugh... You haven't had any sources (or at least thats what you told me last time...) So where exactly are you getting this information from? :shrug:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom