Reporting from WDI

jasondiff

MythBuster - I understand what you're saying, but how is removing static show scenes or elements related to safety? Are you saying they shortened the Imagination ride significantly because part of the ride was unsafe? I'm just not following the argument.

CBOMB

Well, considering I work in law enforcement, I think I may be privy to information you are not, no matter what credentials you claim to have. I suggest you look into it, it may enlighten you.

May I also suggest we keep this to the topic at hand?
:ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL: :ROFLOL:

IROC it

Slightly off topic... but not really

As for the old "Fire Mountain" rumors...

My kids watch a show on PBS called "Fetch! With Ruff Ruffman" -

Anyway,

the premise of the show is a kids game show, where he awards points to teams of kids when they complete tasks, etc...

The show just recently had this one team of kids go to WDI and help develop a rollercoaster that involved a volcano.

The kids designed it, involving an inversion, some inside the volcano & outside the volcano stuff... they put it to work with a scale model, then input the data into a roller coaster simulator.

Then the folks at WDI took the kids on the simulator... after the first test they tweaked it, etc.

Then they re-rode it and had park guests (from MK??) test it as well...

Now I wonder something.. and maybe someone here can fill us all in...

Is this commonplace? Is this something that kids get to do all the time? Is there something like this at Disney Quest or elsewhere and I just am not aware of it?

Or is this a preview that WDI is looking/testing/researching and gathering input from everywhere to build our long awaited Indy themed E-ticket at MK?

Any clues?

(btw- I'll finally get to ride the one at DLR in July!!)

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Are you saying they shortened the Imagination ride significantly because part of the ride was unsafe? I'm just not following the argument.
Nay, lad. The ride was shortened to basically save money. Closing upstairs was cost effective, but they needed space for the smaller Imageworks (and larger shop) They also wanted to get rid of the parts of the ride system that had caused the most trouble during T&A, had led to the ride opening being delayed 5 months, and had neevr been fully fixed all the way to 1999; the load/unload arrangement and the Flight to Imagination show scene. JII was like Test Track - a design ahead of its time, that wasn`t quite ready to be applied in the field. Sadly loosing 40% of the original ride track was the answer. In theory this did make the ride safer, since the risk of cascades and jumping the rails were significantly reduced, but I only know of a few instances when the vehicles jumped the track and only when the park was closed. They normally just wouldn`t align with the rotating show scene or the unload speedramp (when it was used)

DisneyLeo18

As for the old "Fire Mountain" rumors...

My kids watch a show on PBS called "Fetch! With Ruff Ruffman" -

Anyway,

the premise of the show is a kids game show, where he awards points to teams of kids when they complete tasks, etc...

The show just recently had this one team of kids go to WDI and help develop a rollercoaster that involved a volcano.

The kids designed it, involving an inversion, some inside the volcano & outside the volcano stuff... they put it to work with a scale model, then input the data into a roller coaster simulator.

Then the folks at WDI took the kids on the simulator... after the first test they tweaked it, etc.

Then they re-rode it and had park guests (from MK??) test it as well...

Now I wonder something.. and maybe someone here can fill us all in...

Is this commonplace? Is this something that kids get to do all the time? Is there something like this at Disney Quest or elsewhere and I just am not aware of it?

Or is this a preview that WDI is looking/testing/researching and gathering input from everywhere to build our long awaited Indy themed E-ticket at MK?

Any clues?

(btw- I'll finally get to ride the one at DLR in July!!)

I have never done this but i believe they have it at Disney Quest. Where you could create and ride your own rollercoaster. I believe it was called virtual space mountain??? i may be wrong. anyway i think it has been removed. can someone else confirm please?

Champion

I have never done this but i believe they have it at Disney Quest. Where you could create and ride your own rollercoaster. I believe it was called virtual space mountain??? i may be wrong. anyway i think it has been removed. can someone else confirm please?

CyberSpace Mountain, and no, it hasn't been removed.

Just the pod that sat outside DQ has been removed.

hemloc

Well, considering I work in law enforcement, I think I may be privy to information you are not, no matter what credentials you claim to have. I suggest you look into it, it may enlighten you.

Funny, I work in federal law enforcement, yet I have never heard of this software that does what you're talking about:shrug: !! I have plenty of databases to use to obtain information, but nothing LE exclusive that gives out IP info... And if I want accurate IP information, I send a subpoena. Anyone can use a computer in a library, btw:rolleyes:....

Pirate665

Anybody who uses Firefox can get an IP. It's built into the Firefox browser. And you can get an extenstion to have it displayed in the lower right corner.

>Steve

MythBuster

MythBuster - I understand what you're saying, but how is removing static show scenes or elements related to safety? Are you saying they shortened the Imagination ride significantly because part of the ride was unsafe? I'm just not following the argument.

The number one concern is money. So they are spending most of the budget of safety related items that most guests don't realize or ever see. So not much of the budget is left for show items. The easy answer and replacement is usually video. Easy to fix, Easy to change, easy to maintain.

The rehab to JIY was to lower maintenance and up keep costs. The 2 costly things to maintain there were eliminated. The turntable and the AA figures. The turntable was where Dreamfinder and Figment were on the Dreamship telling you about the possibilities of Imagination. but the rehab was not very imaginative at all.

hemloc

Anybody who uses Firefox can get an IP. It's built into the Firefox browser. And you can get an extenstion to have it displayed in the lower right corner.

The issue isn't finding the IP address, it's the subscriber info. There are public websites out there that offer limited information with regards to an IP(Such as the general location), but to get specific info, it usually requires a subpoena to be served on the provider. I seriously doubt that Disney's legal division would go that route unless there were some serious issues, and those usually relate to the 'other' IP(Intellectual Properties) violations.

WDWFigment

Funny, I work in federal law enforcement, yet I have never heard of this software that does what you're talking about:shrug: !! I have plenty of databases to use to obtain information, but nothing LE exclusive that gives out IP info... And if I want accurate IP information, I send a subpoena. Anyone can use a computer in a library, btw:rolleyes:....

I'm sure someone is going to respond that you have to provide information, such as a library card, driver's license, etc., to use the library's net, but I work in a University library where we do not ask any information about an individual when they come in and ask for a computer. We simply log them in. So there's at least one location in the US where a person can be anonymous (as far as IP address is concerned).

But I think this thread has gotten way off topic. Maybe it's time for WED Eye Insider to give us some new tidbits...

Enigma

Account Suspended
Checked this right as I was going to bed, and I can't believe I forgot that. I was going to include that in my post.

The wand cometh down in winter - spring depeding on EPCOT park management and when they decide.

really now? and hear I thought it was coming down monday :rolleyes:

ToTBellHop

really now? and hear I thought it was coming down monday :rolleyes:
If you would read all of his posts and not search to prove the guy (who all of our proven insiders seem to believe is also an insider) wrong, you would find that he explained the switch to a summer removal.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom