Reporting from WDI

Lee

Adventurer
Actually, merf, no...the plot I'm talking about is still outside the train tracks, due north of SM, east of the Indy Speedway...

Lee, am I correct? Is this the plot you were talking about, too?

Kevin

Yep.

One would hope (or at least I hope ) that some of the land around SM would be used for the addition of a DLP style launch into SM...or for the expansion of SM.

As much as I would love that....nah. Never happen.

There was/is a Monsters Inc. ride being developed for the studios but its not a simulator...its based on the Crush's Coaster ride system in use in paris.
That wouldn't be a bad idea. From what I've heard, Crush's Coaster is well liked by the Parisians (and other guests), and by changing the movie theme for the ride, it wouldn't be an exact replica which is always a good thing. But isn't it kind of strange to have a Monster's Inc at MK and at MGM just like having Finding Nemo at Epcot and AK? At least Toy Stoy is sticking to MGM (for now that is).

jedimaster1227

ReDisniey, could you please tell what you know about the Journey Into Imagination refurb talked about on the forums a little while ago? Is it still being talked about? Could it still happen, or was it always just a bluesky thing?
Thanks
Happy Father's Day!!!:)

It is more than a blue sky project at this point. A budget is still being collected after Nemo went over its own, but last time I checked in on the project, there were a few Imagineers surveying/measuring upstairs in the former Imageworks.

And a small side note: Remember the old rotating statue of Figment in front of what is now Figment's Place? The old rotating base had been covered with a mere metal plate for the last few years. That metal plate has been replaced with a plastic cover... Just thought it deserved a mention...

wickedfan07

There was/is a Monsters Inc. ride being developed for the studios but its not a simulator...its based on the Crush's Coaster ride system in use in paris.

Didn't we just hear about this being done with Cars? Though spinning through Monstropolis might make a little more sense than spinning through Radiator Springs. (Radiator Springs itself almost deserves a mini-land, like what they've built in Paris, but with more than one attraction.) Maybe they'll pick up the Laugh Floor and move it over to the Studios as well, and allow Tomorrowland to actually be somewhat futuristic again. (Laugh Floor seems pretty portable anyway...)

As long as Nemo doesn't show up at the Studios in addition to AK and Epcot, I won't mind it being in two places. AK needed a new show, and there's not really room in The Pixar Seas for a musical.

Animaniac93-98

ReDisniey E-Dew since you seem know everything, could you tell us about any possible refurbish for the Country Bear Jamboree or Carousel of Progress? As much as would love to see a new ride at MK I would like to see the old ones fixed first.

also, since there is a presidential election coming next year, we can expect an update to the Hall of Presidents soon right? If so will there be any major show changes? Will the current President talk? and will it be more like it's original version?

spaceghost

Here's a few observations regarding the last month or so from a nobody who doesn't know much about anything:
  • We have multiple, reliable sources (besides ReDisniey E-Dew) who have pretty much confirmed numerous juicy tidbits (e.g. Star Tours 2.0, the wand coming down, MGM's name change to Disney-Pixar Studios, etc.).
  • Universal generated a bunch of buzz with their announcement of Potterland.
  • There has been a significant change to the management structure at the top of WDI.
So...IMHO, the above does lend some possibility that ReDisniey E-Dew is legit. We have seen, in general, more "leaked" info lately. And, from the various reports online, the shift at WDI has gone to lessen fears internally there (see http://imagineerebirth.blogspot.com). So with that in mind, maybe there is a concerted or constructed effort by some people within WDI to release some info to counteract the Harry Potter announcement. Or maybe people are just less afraid about losing their jobs?

But, who knows, maybe he/she is a fraud (a really good fraud)....for me though I'm just going to enjoy the ride and the excitement that these posts bring.:animwink:

ryguy

Great Thread!!

I agree that E-Dew has brought some new life to the rumor section of this website. Whether its BS or not its a good read.
Also want to give everyone props for making this a great discussion. :sohappy:

majortom1981

hmm

First OFf you guys have to know how websites and messageboards work. Anybody can get the ip address of the person. I am an admin of a popular site and any moderator of the baords can see anybody's posting ip address.

Also anybody can get the ip address of this site just by copying the link and going to a web site and that site will return the ip address.Heck The boards have a utility that does this for them.

Think of these 2 scenarios.

IF he is real then disney would have asked or this poster would have sent in some proof that he was legit. Entertainment companies Watch the Net like hawks. They have marketing department people that just search around the net and go to fan sites like this one.

So either he is legit and provved to the website owner that he is and is allowed to post vague stuff or he is fake.

I am more leaning towards the fake part because somebody would have said something if he was real.

First OFf you guys have to know how websites and messageboards work. Anybody can get the ip address of the person. I am an admin of a popular site and any moderator of the baords can see anybody's posting ip address.

Also anybody can get the ip address of this site just by copying the link and going to a web site and that site will return the ip address.Heck The boards have a utility that does this for them.

IF he is real then disney would have asked or this poster would have sent in some proof that he was legit. Entertainment companies Watch the Net like hawks. They have marketing department people that just search around the net and go to fan sites like this one.

So either he is legit and provved to the website owner that he is and is allowed to post vague stuff or he is fake.

I am more leaning towards the fake part because somebody would have said something if he was real.

Sorry, I'm a little confused. I don't think you have to prove anything to post here (and all y'all smart alecks can leave that statement alone...:animwink: ).

I've enjoyed reading this thread, I never really read News & Rumors, but you guys are generating some buzz on the boards, which is always fun.

JML42691

I am stuck in the middle on this one. As I said in another thread referring to this one, I want to think that this is real, but a person that would know all of this would be under a severe confidentiality agreement with Disney. The IP adresses don't really matter in this case (under my understanding of how the internet works, it might not be correct:). For any company to get the IP address of the poster, they would have to go through this site and as Disney is not a federal agency of some sort, they would not easily gain rights to legally access the IP address without the admin of this site surrendering it under his own choice. And if they were to access it illegally then they would have a difficult situation in explaining how they accessed it to use it against the employee. And if the poster was told the info from an employee, then Disney would have nothing to use against the poster, it could have been a guess or the poster would not have been involved in the confidentiality agreement. But it sounds as if the poster is acting as or is a Disney employee that has a higher position than the average CM. And this would be breaching the confidentiality agreement that the employee signed with his job contract.

dizneycrazy09

How bout we all just pretend he's for real. I believe it, but hey I want to beliebe it so I guess I'm partial. Anyway I dont post much on the boards but am a daily reader, and this is the most exciting thread in a while. The threads have been coming to life again. Disney is defenitely generating some buzz, maybe on purpose...

wbt06

yea for the last couple of months are news and romurs have been about what color sse walls are and what light bulbs have been changed. it seems like the boards are comeing to life again like they where when we found out about toystory mania. it is nice that we have some new info becouse if i have to read one more thing about texas on here its going to drive me crazy.

primetime52

If these stories are true, it doesn't mean that Re Disniey E-Dew has to be the original source. Sure, if a Disney official was leaking these stories on this message board, they would probably catch this person and reprimand them. However, what if Re Disniey E-Dew is getting legitimate info from a FRIEND who works for WDI? That scenerio would explain his/her knowledge as well as his/her lack of fear of getting in trouble. If this were the case, the odds of Disney figuring out who is leaking these stories to Disniey E-Dew in the first place are VERY slim. Figuring that out would require an extensive investigation that simply wouldn't be worth their time and efforts.

pixiedust629

Thanks for all your insight, but I have a question. I was a BBQ today with a friend of mine who I know his brother works for Disney out in California. He said that he was told about a Monster Inc ride being developed for the studios which is like the star tours simulator, but set in the door scene of the monsters inc. (the scene where Sully and Mike are trying to keep boo away from randal.) i always thought that would make a good rollercoaster sim. Have you heard anything about this. I think that it would be a cool e-ticket ride and would go great somewhere near toy story mania. hope to hear an answer soon.

*GASP* :eek:

Since the DAY I saw that movie, I wanted to make that a ride. What I would do to help create something like that!!!

PigletIsMyCat

Agreed. DH and I have always thought a ride based on Mike, Sully, and Boo running from Randal in the door... storage or whatever, would be awesome. I would love to see something having to do with this done somewhere. A sim ride sounds like a good idea...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom