Reporting from WDI

Jimmy Thick

Sorry, I don't believe any of this.

All Disney has to do is ask for the IP address of the "supposed" Disney person spilling trade secrets and trace it back to the poster. Then said poster would lose his job due from the fact I would think a confidentality agreement was signed at sometime if said poster was in a postion of proprietary information and could be sued as well for spilling such erudition to the masses.

Now, one has to wonder if this is the case, or just a bunch of bull, with so much at stake, why would someone take a chance?

DisneyDellsDude

I agree, he has brought a level of fun and speculation that hasnt been around for the last few months Im checking the boards at least twice a day again! Im off to the world on Thursday so ill have to stop by the mansion and see if I can get a sneak peak at whats going on.

If you can take some pics of the construction!
Have a great trip!!

erasure fan1

- A very prominant imagineer is heading up a new E-Ticket ride for the World Showcase. The ride concept is simply awesome and I'll share some very, very vague nuggets with you in my next post. If this one is approved, it won't be open for at least the next 4 years though, so don't get too excited just yet.
:)
This one I hope is true. World Showcase needs something bad, so to hear 4yrs out, that stinks. Once again I have to take the wait and see approach.

Dayma

Thanks for the great updates! For me I don't find it crazy that this poster is an "insider". What's wrong with hitting these boards if you work for Disney to see what kind of feedback ideas are getting, or just simply leaking information to spice it up at bit..

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Sorry, I don't believe any of this.

All Disney has to do is ask for the IP address of the "supposed" Disney person spilling trade secrets and trace it back to the poster. Then said poster would lose his job due from the fact I would think a confidentality agreement was signed at sometime if said poster was in a postion of proprietary information and could be sued as well for spilling such erudition to the masses.

Now, one has to wonder if this is the case, or just a bunch of bull, with so much at stake, why would someone take a chance?

First of all this website is out of England. It would be very hard for Disney to get an IP address from ouside of the country if Steve didn't want to cooperate.

And who's to say that this info hasn't been approved to be leaked slowly. :shrug:

Jimmy Thick

First of all this website is out of England. It would be very hard for Disney to get an IP address from ouside of the country if Steve didn't want to cooperate.

And who's to say that this info hasn't been approved to be leaked slowly. :shrug:

Um, I would suggest you learn a bit about the internet, as us American's can find out just about anything. Tracing an IP address is alot more simple than you may think, regardless of where a site is "out" of, and most law inforcement has access to software to give out such information, regardless if people cooperate or not. Windows has such safegards installed for extreme cases.

If the info was to be leaked, Disney would have made an announcement, like they always do.

But, I feel we should stay on topic, and I think its phoney.

unkadug

Follower of "Saget"The Cult
Um, I would suggest you learn a bit about the internet, as us American's can find out just about anything. Tracing an IP address is alot more simple than you may think, regardless of where a site is "out" of, and most law inforcement has access to software to give out such information, regardless if people cooperate or not. Windows has such safegards installed for extreme cases.
I think you are wrong. You would have to get a supoena.

If the info was to be leaked, Disney would have made an announcement, like they always do.
Not necessarily.
But, I feel we should stay on topic, and I think its phoney.
:shrug:

WDWFigment

First laugh of the day. Thank you. I almost spit my coke.

You know, I have no idea if ReDisniey E-Dew is for real or not, but either way, I thank him for bringing a lot of fun back into this board. At the very least he is making us think and giving us stuff to talk about.

And as much as I normally doubt "insiders" in any bulletin board about any topic, this is the most believable one I've ever encountered. The more of his posts I read, the more I'm starting to think that this guy is either indeed inside WDI, or someone close to him is. Either way, he has balls. If he is for real, Disney may not be too happy and may try to figure out who he is. If he is not, he'll be found out sooner or later (HM reopening for example.)

I agree with this completely. So many great 'food for thought' posts at the very least, and it's great to depart from the typical rumors on this board that cause people to get upset with one another. Keep the threads coming, R. E-Dew!

Disney05

Splash and Space Mountains are both already outside the tracks...they manage. :rolleyes: When they build an attraction outside the tracks, they do it so that you don't even notice you're going over the traditional "park boundary". Nobody's going to have to walk across the actual tracks by foot...unless that's part of the thrill... :lookaroun

That's true. Acctually I think the train kind of goes through Splash Mountain. Maybe they'll make another station, plenty of room behind Poohs play area.

jayhawk2307

Though MK has the room, it would seem weird to have an attraction outside the train tracks. Sounds like an accident waiting to happen. Unless the attraction is on the other side of a walk through tunnel. Also, hope you don't get caught by Disney posting here.

Well here's an idea if and when they build this new E-ticket attraction just build on the proposed site and expand the tracks to go around the new attraction.

raven

True, come to think about it, there is no earth shattering news here.

Basically he has just reworded alot of what has already been posted!

Exactly. And think about it. An imagineer, in my eyes, is one of Disney's most prestigious jobs in the company. For every position open there are over 5,000 applicants (I've submitted my resume many times). Knowing this, why would a WDI risk their entire career to leak information on a fan site? Have you ever known of an imagineer to do this? If so, why are they still employed? It's just doesn't make sense.

Having said that, I see this original poster as just an avid fan with information from rumors they've heard from someone they think has an inside scoop. They have misspelled their user name, they have made these bold statements on their first posts ever, and say they are careful not to release too much information when the whole idea of their post was to do just that. It just doesn't add up. It's simply an entertainment post to get people all excited for nothing and for the poster to try and gain respect from forum members. He said it himself in his 1st post. :rolleyes:

-SIR-

If you can take some pics of the construction!
Have a great trip!!

Thanks! I will try, I would imagine I could get some good shots from the libery belle if anything is going on. I just got a new digital camera and I will post if I can figure out how to get them on my computer. :lol:

As for the contreversy on this board: I think Dew is doing us a great favor either way by providing us with good information (true or not). He tells us each time he posts to take what he says with a grain of salt. So do just that! Be fascinated by the info but take it with a grain of salt and enjoy!

CrashNet

Um...you guys are blowing this a littttle bit out of proportion. There really isn't a whole lot of information in his post, while what he does provide is very interesting, very logical, and makes sense.

Would you happen to have any news on Innoventions?

Oh and I have to say, the piece about the child passing away on Rockin' Rollercoaster? Thats just disturbing.

haveyoumetmark

Exactly. And think about it. An imagineer, in my eyes, is one of Disney's most prestigious jobs in the company. For every position open there are over 5,000 applicants (I've submitted my resume many times). Knowing this, why would a WDI risk their entire career to leak information on a fan site? Have you ever known of an imagineer to do this? If so, why are they still employed? It's just doesn't make sense.

Having said that, I see this original poster as just an avid fan with information from rumors they've heard from someone they think has an inside scoop. They have misspelled their user name, they have made these bold statements on their first posts ever, and say they are careful not to release too much information when the whole idea of their post was to do just that. It just doesn't add up. It's simply an entertainment post to get people all excited for nothing and for the poster to try and gain respect from forum members. He said it himself in his 1st post. :rolleyes:

I'm not so sure. Let's do some decoding, shall we?

ReDisniey E-Dew
backwards is
weD-E yeinsiDeR
change the capitalization
wed-e yeinsider
now spacing
wed eye insider
eye = i
WEDI Insider

:wave:

raven

As for the contreversy on this board: I think Dew is doing us a great favor either way by providing us with good information (true or not). He tells us each time he posts to take what he says with a grain of salt. So do just that! Be fascinated by the info but take it with a grain of salt and enjoy!

Um...you guys are blowing this a littttle bit out of proportion. There really isn't a whole lot of information in his post, while what he does provide is very interesting, very logical, and makes sense.

P.T. Barnum said it best - "There's a sucker born every minute."

I've been a member of these forums for over 5 years and have been reading them since 3 or 4 years before that. Bold posts like these are a dime a dozen and the posters come and go.

I'm not getting out-of-sorts. I just don't want new members to get their hopes built up that's all. We've seen before many times what actually becomes of these types of rumors. Some members may not remember the days of Beastly Kingdom, Fire Mountain and the endless 5th Gate rumors but I do. And looks what's become of those...nothing.

scpergj

While the above is true, any hacker worth anything can spoof an IP address, or use passthrough systems to hide their original IP. I'm not a hacker and I can do it...

Kevin

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom